Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: July 22nd - New Orleans Pelicans vs Brooklyn Nets - SCRIMMAGE

Jah can score the rock on anybody. He's just not athletic enough to play defense where his 7'0" frame becomes a paltry 6'6". Contrast that with Zion whose 6'6" frame plays 7 foot tall. That said, there's plenty of room for Okafor in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Jah can score the rock on anybody. He's just not athletic enough to play defense where his 7'0" frame becomes a paltry 6'6". Contrast that with Zion whose 6'6" frame plays 7 foot tall. That said, there's plenty of room for Okafor in this league.
    I really want to see him shoot the 3 in the scrimmages to see if he has extended his range as it appeared in the practice videos.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I really want to see him shoot the 3 in the scrimmages to see if he has extended his range as it appeared in the practice videos.
    I wouldn't count on it too much. Ben Simmons has been shooting threes in practice for the last 2 seasons, doesn't materialise on court.

NBA players are insanely talented; I'm pretty sure all of them can shoot in an empty gym.
    Basketball.

Player post game interviews wearing masks are funny. LOL

Suddenly they are all kakashi.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I wouldn't count on it too much. Ben Simmons has been shooting threes in practice for the last 2 seasons, doesn't materialise on court.

NBA players are insanely talented; I'm pretty sure all of them can shoot in an empty gym.
    That's why I want to see him try to see if in case, he has extended his range.

In case anyone missed the scrimmage, it is on youtube in 4 separate videos. One video for each quarter.

Lol. But seriously he had some really nice highlights last night. Especially "this season" when he has been put in the starting lineup he has had big numbers. He's getting to that Etwan Moore level of strangely unguardable.

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post

Lol. But seriously he had some really nice highlights last night. Especially "this season" when he has been put in the starting lineup he has had big numbers. He's getting to that Etwan Moore level of strangely unguardable.
    He can't play. He crushed backups to the backups last night, but his net rating on the season is like -1000. Don't fall into this trap again. He may actually be the worst defending big in the entire NBA and hes a total ballstopper on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    He can't play. He crushed backups to the backups last night, but his net rating on the season is like -1000. Don't fall into this trap again. He may actually be the worst defending big in the entire NBA and hes a total ballstopper on offense.
    He can play in the 82 game season, against bad teams on a random night

But the playoffs are all that should matter for this franchise moving forward. "Can this guy contribute in THAT season" is the only question Griffin should ask himself when evaluating a guy from now on. And Okafor will help you on a random Tuesday in Detroit, but that won't matter much longer. Pels should be in the postseason every year moving forward and they need to put guys on the roster who can help in that season
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    He can play in the 82 game season, against bad teams on a random night

But the playoffs are all that should matter for this franchise moving forward. "Can this guy contribute in THAT season" is the only question Griffin should ask himself when evaluating a guy from now on. And Okafor will help you on a random Tuesday in Detroit, but that won't matter much longer. Pels should be in the postseason every year moving forward and they need to put guys on the roster who can help in that season
    I like Okafor as a deep bench player and I root for him, but this roster is getting crowded with depth (barring a trade). His roster spot may be needed when considering adding possibly Didi and at least 1 draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    In case anyone missed the scrimmage, it is on youtube in 4 separate videos. One video for each quarter.
    NBA TV replaying it too?

Thread Information