Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zion has left bubble to take care of personal matter.

Wonder if he had leg cramp?
    Basketball.

So we have COVID concerns and now family matters. This NBA bubble is testing players and teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Wonder if he had leg cramp?
    He did clarify it . Give him a break

No update in 3 days. This all seems too quiet to me! It’s starting to make me think that he won’t be available. I hope I’m wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    No update in 3 days. This all seems too quiet to me! It’s starting to make me think that he won’t be available. I hope I’m wrong.
    I can't imagine Fletcher hasn't made his way out to Kenner and sneak into the Gabriels. Fly a drone overhead or something - not saying I condone that.

It's either something is wrong with his little brother, his mother, his step-father or his girlfriend (yikes!)....or, HE tested positive. Griff and Gayle might be the only two that know which is it.

And somebody smarter than me knows - what is the isolation rule. If he is tested every day while outside the bubble he can come back in a have to sit out 4 days? If not, he sits alone for two weeks? I'm confused.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If he tested positive, why hide it? Just tell us, put him in quarantine for the period and he'd play sometime in August. It's definitely a close relative in a bad way.

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    I can't imagine Fletcher hasn't made his way out to Kenner and sneak into the Gabriels. Fly a drone overhead or something - not saying I condone that.

It's either something is wrong with his little brother, his mother, his step-father or his girlfriend (yikes!)....or, HE tested positive. Griff and Gayle might be the only two that know which is it.

And somebody smarter than me knows - what is the isolation rule. If he is tested every day while outside the bubble he can come back in a have to sit out 4 days? If not, he sits alone for two weeks? I'm confused.
    Supposedly no player in the bubble has tested positive since it began.

He will for sure at least miss scrimmage. He could conceivably still be back in time for the actual games, but every additional day cuts into the cushion of time he has available to do the mandatory quarantine before games begin again.

Great news here. Basically squashes any notion he may have an injury

Okay nice, that's good to hear. Look forward to getting him back. Sucks he'll miss scrimmage time, but that's livable.

That's all we need. Less information the more doubt creeps in, even for optimists like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post

Great news here. Basically squashes any notion he may have an injury
    Also squashing that was the initial announcement that he was leaving for a family emergency!

So... no mention on when he might return and we’re 6 days from the restart of the season. There is a mandatory 4 day quartile from what I understand.

I’m beginning to think he is going to miss more games than we’re thinking.

So... no mention on when he might return and we’re 6 days from the restart of the season. There is a mandatory 4 day quartile from what I understand.

Got to love that "transparency" that Griffin was preaching about when he got hired...

Granted tho... there are a plethora forms of family emergencies... not just Covid.

I understand the fatigue with the constant struggle with the franchise never able to build any momentum, but you really can't be mad. It is what it is. Just another speed bump.
    Last edited by Taker597; 07-24-2020 at 12:26 PM.

They probably don't know when he's coming back (makes no sense to pressure him) and assuming it's a fluid situation there's no reason to publicly announce a date because then it's a giant deal if it gets pushed back.

Lou Will now out, for personal matter.

Lou Will, Montrezl, and PatBev all out of the bubble right now for personal reasons. We play the Clippers in 8 days.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar

Yep just confirming, he's back

He bacc

Thank the LORD!!!

It looks like the NBA “bubble” is not so much of a bubble after all. People are leaving left and right. COVID will burst their bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    It looks like the NBA “bubble” is not so much of a bubble after all. People are leaving left and right. COVID will burst their bubble.
    Maybe. But as long as they maintain their quarantine procedures, the ball won't ever stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I think most people knew it wasn't going to be a particularly secure bubble in the first place, in terms of people coming and going. At the very least, the staff that work there aren't confined (as far as I know) and come and go daily as anyone going to work would. People have been streaming in and out of the bubble since the moment it was put up and to be honest, I don't think it's possible to have a real isolated bubble on this scale with this little preparation.

Thread Information