Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zion has left bubble to take care of personal matter.

Zion has left bubble to take care of personal matter.

More details to come!

#PelsLife

Update:

Last edited by 13 - 3; 07-16-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Ditto

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Let’s hope everyone in his family is ok. It says family, so I’m going with that. I’m hoping Alvin didn’t decide to run his goofy practices and get Zion hurt. I don’t know why, but I expected something like this. I just hope it’s not Zion who is hurt because they tend to do things like this. Prayers to his family.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Wow. This sucks. Hope this isn’t too serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Let’s hope everyone in his family is ok. It says family, so I’m going with that. I’m hoping Alvin didn’t decide to run his goofy practices and get Zion hurt. I don’t know why, but I expected something like this. I just hope it’s not Zion who is hurt because they tend to do things like this. Prayers to his family.
    Ehhh I think that would be in extremely bad taste to put out a press release about an urgent family medical matter if Zion was injured.

I'd assume they probably knew about this yesterday considering it did not look like Zion participated in 5v5, although he was there. The Pels also had a "scheduled" off day today.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Ehhh I think that would be in extremely bad taste to put out a press release about an urgent family medical matter if Zion was injured.
    I agree. While I could always be wrong, I'm going to err on the side of believing that it is a real family matter until I hear otherwise.

Hope things turn out okay, that Zions family will be alright, and that he will be able to return to the team shortly and in good health.
    Basketball.

Prayers for him and his family man
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Last edited by Fedupfan; 07-16-2020 at 01:49 PM.

Hm,

Well that gives him 15 more days before our first game. Assuming he is not working out or practicing before the 30th, I’d say he will need 3-4 practices before playing a game. There is the 4 day mandatory quartile before rejoining the team.

That leaves 7 days to get Zion back into the bubble and practicing.

Hopefully the issue isn’t too serious or doesn’t become worse. This should be enough time for him to get back.

Interesting to note here. I was under the impression that Zion had to get league approval prior to leaving in order to be eligible for the 4 day quarantine return.

Hmmmmm. Shams with the details. Too bad Woj is suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post

Hmmmmm. Shams with the details. Too bad Woj is suspended.
    This isn't ''the details'' at all.

With all due respect to Shams, this is a pathetic none story. Zion had slight cramp during a practice, who honestly cares? What next, Lebron James had a headache, front page news? Top of ESPN; Damian Lillard stubs toe?

I'm obviously no Shams, but I'd be ashamed to report something like this as news. Absolute garbage.

People are so inattentive to things outside of their team’s scope most will just say he’s hurt more seriously or he went home only because of the cramping.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    People are so inattentive to things outside of their team’s scope most will just say he’s hurt more seriously or he went home only because of the cramping.
    The thought that people remotely think a player would leave a bubble and fly out of state because of “cramping” is comical to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    This isn't ''the details'' at all.

With all due respect to Shams, this is a pathetic none story. Zion had slight cramp during a practice, who honestly cares? What next, Lebron James had a headache, front page news? Top of ESPN; Damian Lillard stubs toe?

I'm obviously no Shams, but I'd be ashamed to report something like this as news. Absolute garbage.
    Nah, I was more turned off by Lakers fans responding Zion is getting some sort of preferential treatment from the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    The thought that people remotely think a player would leave a bubble and fly out of state because of “cramping” is comical to say the least.
    To be fair the last time he was cramping he did not return for 11 weeks. Thankfully not the case this time.

My wife made a good point...it's none of our business. To speculate is a total waste of time. Then she told me to cut the grass.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    My wife made a good point...it's none of our business. To speculate is a total waste of time. Then she told me to cut the grass.
    I think the subject would’ve been met with the same response. “You don’t need to worry about if the Mandolorian will save Baby Yoda. You need to worry about cutting that grass.”

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Good luck on that none of your business stuff. Hopefully he gets back soon and does not go to a bar room, or restaurant , or a very populated area.Yeah see the concern now.

Last edited by 13 - 3; 07-16-2020 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I think the subject would’ve been met with the same response. “You don’t need to worry about if the Mandolorian will save Baby Yoda. You need to worry about cutting that grass.”
    Eman: you truly are one of the reasons I enjoy this board so much.
    Last edited by WildlifeAirGrp; 07-16-2020 at 08:42 PM.

Gentry from media availability on Zion:

''Don't know anything from the standpoint of when he's coming back, and obviously we're just very supportive of him, his family, and their privacy. But as far as the impact on our team, we played 44 games without him, and we have a tough stretch in there but there was a stretch where we won 12 out of 16 without him so obviously he's a great player that we would miss but one thing we've always talked about is next man up, we're a good team, we're a deep team, so we'll have guys who will step in and play and lift their game, but right now we're not concerned about basketball for him, we're concerned about his family.''

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Gentry from media availability on Zion:

''Don't know anything from the standpoint of when he's coming back, and obviously we're just very supportive of him, his family, and their privacy. But as far as the impact on our team, we played 44 games without him, and we have a tough stretch in there but there was a stretch where we won 12 out of 16 without him so obviously he's a great player that we would miss but one thing we've always talked about is next man up, we're a good team, we're a deep team, so we'll have guys who will step in and play and lift their game, but right now we're not concerned about basketball for him, we're concerned about his family.''
    Sounds like he will be gone for awhile plus he needs to do at least a 4 day quarantine. Damn you 2020! #Pelslife

P.S. if Gentry goes overkill with Moore again! Man oh man.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    P.S. if Gentry goes overkill with Moore again! Man oh man.
    As long as we don't get Jah minutes

Thread Information