Pelicans Report

Thread: Pelicans City Edition 'Flag' Uniform Concept

The Artist    Contributor   

Pelicans City Edition 'Flag' Uniform Concept

Since it was announced that we would be getting a new 'City Edition' alternate focusing on the flag of New Orleans, I thought this would be a good opportunity to see where we could go with that uniform. We've already had a similar striped red/gold/blue initial version that later got converted into the popular current Mardi Gras set. If the Pels were to borrow design elements off of the Chicago flag inspired uniform, this concept is what I envisioned we could look like.

The 76ers use a light grey alternate and the Bucks use a cream set. I didn't want to take away from them so the set on the left would be a 'greige' base so that it doesn't clash with base colors. The second option on the right is just a straight black and gold option that IMO would look awesome. Considering that Tom Benson originally wanted us in black, gold and red before the league shot it down, it's about time that we had our own.

Let me know of any changes or other designs, elements, etc. that you would like to see. Thanks!

Last edited by bigdub81; 07-09-2020 at 10:37 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Good to hear from you again, dub. Good designs as always.

I've always liked the black/gold colour combination. Just works, for me
    Basketball.

The Artist    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Good to hear from you again, dub. Good designs as always.
    Thanks Eman. I've been hanging around and lurking. Saw we were getting a new uniform and felt a call to action LOL
    Last edited by bigdub81; 07-09-2020 at 10:37 PM.

Glad you're back on the forum and absolutely love the concept of the first uniforms. But I always felt like black and gold was just trying to piggyback off the saints and, for whatever reason, that color scheme just always struck me as more imitation to appease the city than actual artistic innovation. Either way, great work as always

Big Dub is like a celebrity to me. Reviewing his mock jerseys is some of my favorite things on the internet. Respectfully sir, please continue to post any mock jerseys for the Pelicans. We truly care!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Bigdub should be given carte blanche on all unifrom creations. It's been a number of years, but I remember some incredible creations you put together - way better than what Hornets/Pelicans have ever come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Bigdub should be given carte blanche on all unifrom creations. It's been a number of years, but I remember some incredible creations you put together - way better than what Hornets/Pelicans have ever come up with.
    Yup

Is there a reason why I can't see the pictures on tapatalk?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Thread Information