Pelicans Report

Thread: Pels sign Sindarius Thornwell

Pelicans Pels sign Sindarius Thornwell

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/pe...rius-thornwell

Interesting signing. i wonder why him?

I've heard positive things about him (to the extent you hear positive things about marginal players) but I cannot claim to have any real information on him beyond that. Not a Thornwell expert here.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I've heard positive things about him (to the extent you hear positive things about marginal players) but I cannot claim to have any real information on him beyond that. Not a Thornwell expert here.
    I remember him from S. Carolina's run in final four in 2017. but he hasnt done much in the NBA. Just wondering why him? and who has opted out for pels since miller was always a no go.

I think he is supposed to be a good defender. Does this mean we release Miller or is someone not going to Orlando?

I think I read 17 players on roster to Orlando

The Franchise
    Prob taking Grays spot since we won’t need a point guard. Would have preferred a bigger guy like Blossomgame.

Another guard....

Moore getting kicked to curb?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I think he is supposed to be a good defender. Does this mean we release Miller or is someone not going to Orlando?
    Miller going to play this season after all. He has been practicing with team.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Miller himself said that due to lockdown he still hasn't played even 3-on-3, and he has no idea if he's actually going to play in Orlando yet. So while I wouldn't absolutely rule it out, I also would not bet on it. And frankly, I don't see many minutes free for him anyway

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Doubt he plays. However, I am guessing we have a player that is not going to Orlando? Maybe Kenrich (since Thornwell is more of a defender)?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Doubt he plays. However, I am guessing we have a player that is not going to Orlando? Maybe Kenrich (since Thornwell is more of a defender)?

And there we have it. Miller is not travelling to Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

And there we have it. Miller is not travelling to Orlando.
    Oladipo not going to play for Pacers either.

Nate Duncan seems to think this could be a nice pickup for the Pels. Likes his outlook for next season if Vinson can fix his shot. Not sure how much time Vinson will have to focus on Thornwell though

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I remember loving him in college. Don't remember what he did when he was in the league, and it seems like he didn't do much. Maybe he could get better.

Thread Information