Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Officially official: The NBA is back baby!

Anything but the Lakers winning is champagne in my book

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Anything but the Lakers winning is champagne in my book
    You're in luck then, because the Bucks are gonna win.
    Basketball.

As the schedule comes out, Pels confirmed for easiest closing schedule

No back to backs. 6 straight very winnable games to close. Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    No back to backs. 6 straight very winnable games to close. Not bad.
    As long as they keep Alvin locked in his hotel room.

I correct myself: one back to back, I can't read.

Fully prepared for an 0-3 start.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    We've played very well against the Jazz this year and we're undefeated against the Grizz so far. Absolutely wouldn't bet on us losing both of those.

Hall of Famer
    Grizzlies schedule is brutal assuming all those teams play there players

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I correct myself: one back to back, I can't read.
    I live in Alabama. I can't read either. Don't feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Grizzlies schedule is brutal assuming all those teams play there players
    That's the concern for me. I can't imagine they will play everyone and it may allow the Grizz some easy wins in a schedule that should be hostile.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Lock up Chris Finch in hotel room too?

As the schedule comes out, Pels confirmed for easiest closing schedule
    Coming from the Bleacher Report article in there:
    When those three (Zion, Ingram, Lonzo) are in the game, New Orleans is plus-18.6 points per 100 possessions
    (100th percentile).

Add to that the fact that we should have the best version of Zion to date....God I am stoked

BTW I just got over having Covid19. I ran a 102+ degree fever for 3 days. I read how 2 biomedical labs have had successful tests with Ashwagandha and Propalis. I started taking them and the difference was amazing. I pretty much was over it in 1.5 weeks after a pretty bad start

Quote Originally Posted by Dago75 View Post
    Coming from the Bleacher Report article in there:
    When those three (Zion, Ingram, Lonzo) are in the game, New Orleans is plus-18.6 points per 100 possessions
    (100th percentile).

Add to that the fact that we should have the best version of Zion to date....God I am stoked

BTW I just got over having Covid19. I ran a 102+ degree fever for 3 days. I read how 2 biomedical labs have had successful tests with Ashwagandha and Propalis. I started taking them and the difference was amazing. I pretty much was over it in 1.5 weeks after a pretty bad start
    I do just want to push back a little in the fantastic net rating our starters have together. While I do think it's a good combo with obvious high talent levels, it's also true that opponents have been shooting 29.1% from 3 while our 5 starters are in. That's such an extremely low number that it's more luck than defense and I expect that number to return a little bit to the norm at some.poimt and therefore.for the net rating to drop. Not massively, I still think it's a good lineup, but just not quite THAT good.

Glad to hear that you're feeling better.

I know we don't need any more guards, but how about take in alonzo trier who was just cut by the knicks... he would be a nice scorer from the bench... a defensive wing would be better but i wouldn't mind trier if we couldn't get that certain wing

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    I know we don't need any more guards, but how about take in alonzo trier who was just cut by the knicks... he would be a nice scorer from the bench... a defensive wing would be better but i wouldn't mind trier if we couldn't get that certain wing
    I wouldn't bother to be honest. I do like elements of his game, but like you said, we already have so many guards and some of them (Redick) basically replicate Trier's skillset at a higher level already.

If Trier was like some extreme talent, or if I thought he had huge upside, I'd say go for it even with the wonky positional thing, but since I just see him as an future-alright-roleplayer, the allure of picking him up is pretty small.

My problem with the whole situation is that whether or not the Pels make the playoffs is pretty much out of their hands. Because the Grizzlies are so far ahead, even if the Pels won all 8 games, they would still require the Grizz to lose, and the Pels have no influence on those other games that the Grizz have to play.

Which sucks.

I do just want to push back a little in the fantastic net rating our starters have together. While I do think it's a good combo with obvious high talent levels, it's also true that opponents have been shooting 29.1% from 3 while our 5 starters are in. That's such an extremely low number that it's more luck than defense and I expect that number to return a little bit to the norm at some.poimt and therefore.for the net rating to drop. Not massively, I still think it's a good lineup, but just not quite THAT good.

Glad to hear that you're feeling better.
    Thank you kindly. Do me a favor and dont pee on my Wheaties. I need something to believe in right now and the Pels are going all the way lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dago75 View Post
    Thank you kindly. Do me a favor and dont pee on my Wheaties. I need something to believe in right now and the Pels are going all the way lol
    I do still think it's a good lineup! Not trying to upset anyone

My problem with the whole situation is that whether or not the Pels make the playoffs is pretty much out of their hands. Because the Grizzlies are so far ahead, even if the Pels won all 8 games, they would still require the Grizz to lose, and the Pels have no influence on those other games that the Grizz have to play.

Which sucks.
    How do you get the math on this? Pels go 8-0, Grizz go 8-0, then the Pels are in the play in
    @mcnamara247

Not to mention that the best the Grizzlies can do is go 7-1 if the Pels go 8-0

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    How do you get the math on this? Pels go 8-0, Grizz go 8-0, then the Pels are in the play in
    Which means that in order for the Pelicans to be guaranteed into the playoffs (that is, to dodge the play-in and just be fully secured of the playoff spot) they have to rely on the Grizzlies to lose a bunch.

As for your next point about the Grizz being limited to 7-1 if the Pels were to go 8-0, that's true, but

A) That's still not enough, Grizz would need to continue losing after that
    B) The comment was more about the setup, rather than the actual schedules. If the Pels and Grizz didn't play each other at all in these final 8 games, the point would still be true because of the format.

Thread Information