Pelicans Report

Thread: The New Orleans Pelicans’ Salary-Cap Sheet And The Market For Brandon Ingram

The New Orleans Pelicans’ Salary-Cap Sheet And The Market For Brandon Ingram

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christo.../#2da859743520

Give the man a blank slip let him fill in the years and percentage of the cap options. Deal with the rest of the problems later. Only Jrue, BI, Jax, NAW, and Zion on the books after next season. Maybe explain to BI that 22% of the cap affords the team room to sign some help. 25% means a bigger burden on BI.

Good article. Just makes me sadder not to finish this season out and see what happens. This team was a hot ticket around the league. I also think Mrs. B has a more personal relationship with this team. Don't think that doesn't help. As someone else likes to say: "Make it happen Griff".
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

There is a metric ton of inaccurate info in this article. He clearly does not understand the cap

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    There is a metric ton of inaccurate info in this article. He clearly does not understand the cap
    Yeah, I always wonder why fans say the CBA is so difficult to understand, when I think its quite easy.

Its because people write articles like this and they get passed around and there is all this false info out there competing with real stuff and people eventually throw their hands up and say, "I cant....its too complicated"

Its actually not. Its just that only educated people should be able to talk about it while those trying to learn listen. In that world, its not complicated.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Yeah, I always wonder why fans say the CBA is so difficult to understand, when I think its quite easy.

Its because people write articles like this and they get passed around and there is all this false info out there competing with real stuff and people eventually throw their hands up and say, "I cant....its too complicated"

Its actually not. Its just that only educated people should be able to talk about it while those trying to learn listen. In that world, its not complicated.
    I concur. I still think griff will let Brandon search for a deal before pels commit.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superstar7th View Post
    I concur. I still think griff will let Brandon search for a deal before pels commit.
    What makes you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by superstar7th View Post
    God I hope not. There's no point. All that would do is ******** him off and we end up letting other teams dictate some potentially ridiculous stipulations in the contract that we inevitably have to match. Give the man his money and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    God I hope not. There's no point. All that would do is ******** him off and we end up letting other teams dictate some potentially ridiculous stipulations in the contract that we inevitably have to match. Give the man his money and move on.
    Dont worry....literally nobody except that one poster believes that.

The only negotiation will be 4+1 or straight 5, with 4+1 being the most likely outcome.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Dont worry....literally nobody except that one poster believes that.

The only negotiation will be 4+1 or straight 5, with 4+1 being the most likely outcome.
    I was asking with a bit of a side eye, because it's not happening.

Thread Information