Pelicans Report

Thread: How are you guys doing?

How are you guys doing?

Hey y’all, how is everyone doing out there? Anyone dealing with anything I or we are a board can help with? Anyone have to go through Covid-19?

Sorry, I’ve been going through some stuff at work, we had a coworker pass away which was rough, and I was delighted most of his work, and so it just got me thinking about people on here (and other boards I frequent). I don’t know you guys, but if there is anything I can do to help, please don’t think that you are imposing. If you need employment help, or someone to donate to your go fund me, or just someone to talk through your problems with let me know.

UNO
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Hey y’all, how is everyone doing out there? Anyone dealing with anything I or we are a board can help with? Anyone have to go through Covid-19?

Sorry, I’ve been going through some stuff at work, we had a coworker pass away which was rough, and I was delighted most of his work, and so it just got me thinking about people on here (and other boards I frequent). I don’t know you guys, but if there is anything I can do to help, please don’t think that you are imposing. If you need employment help, or someone to donate to your go fund me, or just someone to talk through your problems with let me know.

UNO
    Much love and respect for that, brother. Message boards can turn self-centered with a quickness, so it is inspiring to see someone grappling with their own loss immediately reach out to others to help them.

The question now becomes, what can we do for you?

It's been so freaking busy. Kids out of school and all of my clients are lonely and wanting to chat constantly. Which is a good problem because I am not hurt financially but, man, it's just been non-stop.

Miss you guys and I miss Pelicans games. Hope everyone is doing well.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Zion is ready, now

Oh it is so good to hear from you UNO. I’ve been keeping this board disinfected so nobody gets sick. No actually I’m doing well ready for basketball to restart even if it without people. Keep on buzzing my friend.

I've been meaning to ask for a long time. Which MSU?

McNeese State. Woof. A long time ago.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    S.S.D.D.

Same Sh_t, Different Day

Other than going out a little less, (I wasn't sure it was possible.), It's business as usual here. Still working every scheduled day, and coming home to drink, play video games, listen to music, watch crappy videos, and sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Cool. I'm down with some of the profs out there from Louisiana history circles. (I thought I had a fellow Mississippi State alum on the board, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    You keep things so positive. I must admit that is a good gif you got.

All good this way thanks UNO, sorry to hear about your colleague though. Was it covid related, or something else completely?

I work from home a fair chunk normally, but it is amazing how not getting that couple of days in the city can make a difference on the mental state. have to make far more effort to actually get away from the computer/work and go outside for breaks.

msusousaphone you must be dreaming of a dark quiet room as a refuge, talking non-stop with clients and then when you hang up you have 40 kids to corral. I know I'm mentally drained when the day is nothing but phone and video calls, but once I hang up its just a dog to take out for a play.

Yeah, his death was Covid related (he had cancer, was 34 years old). Sad state of affairs as he left behind a couple of kids.

We are fine on our end, and to be honest, I too work in finance (O&G finance) so with all that’s going on in the market (and with the PPP program) we have been talking with clients more than usual.

I’m still trying to find a balance between kids, work, and family duties. It’s a serious juggling act, I don’t know how my wife does it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I'm out of work right now, but on the bright side I'm looking to get my real estate license and catching up on Netflix and video games.

My county has the fourth most COVID cases in the country so I've barely spent any time away from the house. So while I'm losing my mind, hunkered down in one spot, I'm trying to keep positive as much as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I'm out of work right now, but on the bright side I'm looking to get my real estate license and catching up on Netflix and video games.

My county has the fourth most COVID cases in the country so I've barely spent any time away from the house. So while I'm losing my mind, hunkered down in one spot, I'm trying to keep positive as much as I can.

What industry do you work in? Can we help you with networking?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    What industry do you work in? Can we help you with networking?
    I work in advertising/media. If you know anyone in the New York metropolitan area, I'd sincerely appreciate it. If not, I still do appreciate you reaching out.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I work in advertising/media. If you know anyone in the New York metropolitan area, I'd sincerely appreciate it. If not, I still do appreciate you reaching out.
    I don't know anyone in New York, but I work in academia and I do know that universities are hiring all the time for jobs that people might not expect. I believe that this will only increase in the wake of our current situation.

These links are controlled for marketing jobs at universities and colleges in New York. I'm not sure how widely they advertise these things outside of the job boards I frequent. This may or not be useful for you, but I deeply respect the entire premise of this thread and figured I would throw something out there.

https://careers.insidehighered.com/j...york/#browsing

https://www.higheredjobs.com/admin/s...te=NY&CatType=

3.5, we’re still Alive!

Quote Originally Posted by boardtown View Post
    I don't know anyone in New York, but I work in academia and I do know that universities are hiring all the time for jobs that people might not expect. I believe that this will only increase in the wake of our current situation.

These links are controlled for marketing jobs at universities and colleges in New York. I'm not sure how widely they advertise these things outside of the job boards I frequent. This may or not be useful for you, but I deeply respect the entire premise of this thread and figured I would throw something out there.

https://careers.insidehighered.com/j...york/#browsing

https://www.higheredjobs.com/admin/s...te=NY&CatType=
    Thank you so much! It means a lot, I'll start looking into this now.

Thread Information