Pelicans Report

Thread: Dr. Fauci says Sports can resume with some rules

Dr. Fauci says Sports can resume with some rules

Here are the rules, Empty stadiums & arenas, Quarantine, Weekly testing

https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/15/dr-fa...9-coronavirus/

So, just talked to someone who works for an EC team. He was told yesterday to expect to be back working full time this summer

Apparently, several plans on the table but the one gaining the most traction is to have two essentially quarantined cities. East coast teams all go to one city, WC teams to another. Have some "regular season" games, maybe a play in for 7th and 8th seeds, and then playoffs. Best case scenario, Finals could be played in half or quarter filled arenas of two teams. But most likely, just empty neutral arena

Of course, a setback could change it all
    @mcnamara247

They throwing everything out in the open. Even using robots. Hey MM did you see all the layoffs Vince McMahon did at the WWE. You would think he could afford to pay them.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    They throwing everything out in the open. Even using robots. Hey MM did you see all the layoffs Vince McMahon did at the WWE. You would think he could afford to pay them.
    He COULD pay them. But he probably could not pay them AND please his investors. Especially after all they lost from no Wrestlemania revenue and a decrease in subscriptions that they would normally add for that event.

And lets not fool ourselves, most owners from other sports would be equally ruthless if they were a league in and of themselves, like the WWE is. The only reason all owners across all sports are still paying their employees now is because the heads of the leagues are mandating it. They will put out all these fluffy press releases but most owners are where they are financially because they are as ruthless as Vince

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    At this point i'll take whatever they give me.

I need some damn basketball in my life!

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    At this point i'll take whatever they give me.

I need some damn basketball in my life!
    I hear that, but I think people need to prepare themselves for how bad some sports will be without fans. Some will only be 10-20% worse. Things like Golf, Hockey, and maybe baseball. But the NBA and NFL will be so much worse without fans. Yes, better than nothing. But Game 7 of the WCF with fans is 10x, maybe 20x better than without. I don't think most people are prepared for how bad it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I hear that, but I think people need to prepare themselves for how bad some sports will be without fans. Some will only be 10-20% worse. Things like Golf, Hockey, and maybe baseball. But the NBA and NFL will be so much worse without fans. Yes, better than nothing. But Game 7 of the WCF with fans is 10x, maybe 20x better than without. I don't think most people are prepared for how bad it will be.
    Actually, playoff hockey has a history of being pretty epic; with a lot of upsets - a lot driven by rowdy crowds and evidently not shaving.

But sure. I need more Zion. Was getting so jacked about how this season was beginning to build steam.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I seriously underestimated my dependence on sports (as a whole).

I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that I don't need to see any fans in the stands right now. Yes, it will be a little weird, but I need something.

I am a Dodgers fan as well. This is killing me inside.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    I seriously underestimated my dependence on sports (as a whole).

I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that I don't need to see any fans in the stands right now. Yes, it will be a little weird, but I need something.

I am a Dodgers fan as well. This is killing me inside.
    Again, it will be better than nothing, but once the initial excitement of it being back wears off, it won't be a ton of fun. I liken it to preseason football. People are super excited for the Hall of Fame game because they haven't seen football in months, but by the 2nd quarter, you are turning it off.

It won't be THAT bad, but it will be significantly worse than basketball with fans and atmosphere. Its not just the fans, its how the players respond to the energy of fans and ambiance. Again, better than nothing, but I think it will be much less enjoyable after a few days than you think. Hope I'm wrong

Thread Information