Pelicans Report

Thread: Donovan Mitchell want out of Utah?

NBA Donovan Mitchell want out of Utah?

We have plenty to offer if he really thinks this is not repairable

Or maybe they move Rudy if they can’t settle differences? Would you be willing to take either one in a trade? Guess that is a dumb question. LOL

For sure they move Rudy and not Donovan if Utah feels like they can't work it out. And YES we take Rudy! Offense is not a problem for the Pels, and even if Rudy is not a stretch 5, our defense with him starting at the 5 and Favors backing him up (if we could convince him to take that role) would be redonkulous IMO. I watched as the Lakers moved Shaq because Kobe was about to bolt because that relationship was unsalvagable, though Donovan and Rudy's ego's I am sure are not nearly as monstrous as Kobe/Shaq's so they might be able to work it out.

on the other hand, from this article (https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2...-utah-jazzs/):

"Gobert isn’t always the easiest teammate to jibe with, as was demonstrated early in the 2019-20 season, when he opened up to reporters about his desire to get the ball more at the offensive end. He’s the anchor on defense, he deserved, he figured, more opportunities going the other way. And he said so. That chapped more than a few of Gobert’s teammates."

Better get those delusions of offensive grandeur in check (same ones that sunk Dwight Howard and every team he was on post-Orlando until this year when he finally realized he is not a post player) before we express interest. He gets PnR opportunities and cleanup only here. Already hardly enough ball to go around between BI, Zion, Holiday, and Zo.
    Last edited by SoCal4Pels; 04-13-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal4Pels View Post
    For sure they move Rudy and not Donovan if Utah feels like they can't work it out. And YES we take Rudy! Offense is not a problem for the Pels, and even if Rudy is not a stretch 5, our defense with him starting at the 5 and Favors backing him up (if we could convince him to take that role) would be redonkulous IMO.
    If we were to acquire Rudy (which I'm not endorsing or rejecting here) you would absolutely let Favors go.

Having both of them recreates the logjam issue at C that Utah had that forced them to get rid of Favors in the first place. It would also completely remove any real minutes for Hayes over the next 3+ years of his rookie deal, and it would remove the ability to play Zion at the 5 from time to time, which is something we should be open to (especially as his defense starts to pick back up properly, which I assume it will).
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Holiday (+ picks/players) for Gobert?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If we were to acquire Rudy (which I'm not endorsing or rejecting here) you would absolutely let Favors go.

Having both of them recreates the logjam issue at C that Utah had that forced them to get rid of Favors in the first place. It would also completely remove any real minutes for Hayes over the next 3+ years of his rookie deal, and it would remove the ability to play Zion at the 5 from time to time, which is something we should be open to (especially as his defense starts to pick back up properly, which I assume it will).
    It absolutely depends on if you are in 'win now' mode or 'development mode' or not, and also the already mentioned caveat of having Favor's buy-in as to not repeat Utah scenario.

Zion, BI, Gobert, Holiday, Zo, with Favors of the bench - if they get their defense in order, is IMO, a 'win now' mode team, i.e. a team that can shoot for the conference finals for the foreseeable future. And correct, that means less minutes for Jaxson.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal4Pels View Post
    It absolutely depends on if you are in 'win now' mode or 'development mode' or not, and also the already mentioned caveat of having Favor's buy-in as to not repeat Utah scenario.

Zion, BI, Gobert, Holiday, Zo, with Favors of the bench - if they get their defense in order, is IMO, a 'win now' mode team, i.e. a team that can shoot for the conference finals for the foreseeable future. And correct, that means less minutes for Jaxson.
    Yeah because you'd still have all those player's and somehow aquire Gobert too.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    The way I see it is that if you were seriously trying to acquire Gobert, you'd have to assume that one of Jrue, BI, or Zion would be demanded in the trade. You don't want to give up Zion, so it's not going to be him. They probably won't want Jrue since his best position is the one Mitchell plays, and they also have Conley on contract still (though I don't remember how much longer Conley's deal is on, so I could be wrong here). So it's Ingram, I think. If you wanted Gobert, you're probably losing Ingram.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The way I see it is that if you were seriously trying to acquire Gobert, you'd have to assume that one of Jrue, BI, or Zion would be demanded in the trade. You don't want to give up Zion, so it's not going to be him. They probably won't want Jrue since his best position is the one Mitchell plays, and they also have Conley on contract still (though I don't remember how much longer Conley's deal is on, so I could be wrong here). So it's Ingram, I think. If you wanted Gobert, you're probably losing Ingram.
    I was being sarcastic.
    I for one am not interested in either player.
    DM maybe, but not very

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Unlikely, but within the realm of possibility given the horde of picks we received for AD and promising young talent like Jaxson and NAW, and/or some combo involving Holiday and then you move Reddick or Hart to starting 2 and keep looking for shooters.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    We're not including Ingram in a trade for a player with a perceived attitude problem.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    There's no conceivable Pels squad where you keep Favors and Gobert. But that's on aspect of the team you wouldn't have to worry about. The defense in the post would be on lock.

He's such a goofball idiot though.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    We're not including Ingram in a trade for a player with a perceived attitude problem.
    Sure, my point wasn't that we should do it (I think that in a vacuum Gobert is a better player but Ingram's skillset fits with Zions far better and he plays a more vital position), it was just to demonstrate the probable cost of such a move.

Thread Information