Pelicans Report

Thread: The "how you doing?" Thread

The "how you doing?" Thread

Maybe inappropriate for this board but, hey, it's a panfreakingdemic.....so.....leave the depressing NBA talk for the other threads. This is where we support eachother. How are you making it through all this? Good stuff and bad.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I'm in Lake Charles. Nestled in between NOLA/Baton Rouge and Houston so the actual events aren't unfolding near me. Just the toilet paper shortages. Which is actually pretty tough to get through being the father of six kids. So I bought a bidet. Then the kids distracted me while installing it and my wife used the toilet.......there's currently water dripping from the 2nd floor down to the 1st.

I'm a licensed counselor. So it will be interesting to see how this impacts me. I'm offering teletherapy. So maybe I won't lose too much income at my private practice. At my salaried job, I'm pretty secure but they had to lay off seven people. Half of our clients are in nursing homes so the company is taking a huge it. I have so much work piled up it's not even funny. But I still have a job. So I can't complain.

It's been crazy, busy, exhausting, chaotic.....but nothing serious has happened to me. So I'm happy, I suppose. Lol

I'm doing mostly fine. Fairly young and in mostly good respiratory health so whether I have it or not isn't a personal issue, at least not with regards to my own health. I have older family who are in high risk categories though so I'm obviously somewhat worried about passing it on to them, especially since fully isolating isn't really an option.

I was in the process of applying to teacher training as well, and most of my in-school meetings for the applications have been cancelled or indefinitely postponed for the moment so I'm kind of in no man's land there.

Nothing crazy serious, at least not yet, but quite a bit to be somewhat concerned about.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I'm watching marble racing to hold me off.

Look it up on YouTube. It's actually electric.

Doing pretty good, but I work in the mobile health care profession where I'm around a lot of nursing home patient. So, i have to be diligent as to where I go. I live in Texas and people are freaking out.

I’m doing okay other than my allergies driving me crazy. Pollen count is pretty high everywhere right now. Other than that I hope everyone remembers this come election time.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 03-16-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I’m doing okay other than my allergies driving me crazy. Pollen count is pretty high everywhere right now. Other than that I hope everyone remembers this come election time.
    "Allergies" huh?

I'm watching you corona man.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I'm cool. I went to walmart today in hopes that Corona would be on sale. It was, but not enough for me to buy it. Also, where toilet paper used to be, they decide to line the racks with those clear plastic chest of drawers style containers. Other than that, not much to talk about. They were severely low on dish liquid as well, which I found kinda odd. But hey, that was something we needed so i can't be surprised I guess. Also, tuna. All they had was the kind in vegetable oil. Weird. Although they had tune "in water" in the flat tearaway packs by the ton. I guess no one noticed those while they were hording the cans. My cat will eat fine for a while.:P

Other than walmart, Dollar General had toilet paper, and piggly wiggly had the beer I wanted.

Milk, bread, water, orange juice, and all the basic crap was readily available. heaven forbid you want to wipe your butt hole though. You're out of luck in most places it seems.

Yeah. Bidet was installed. It's refreshingly nice. Now we're just going low on bread and milk. Could be worse. My kids are way too **** picky. I need to broaden their palates.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    "Allergies" huh?

I'm watching you corona man.
    The CoronaJuice!

I’m in Lake Charles also. Everything going well here except my boss has me shopping for hand sanitizer everyday. I manage a small production shop and business is going well right now.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post

This.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post

I'd rather watch a Lakers v Rockets game.

Okay what is Mike McNamara doing at spring break. Just Kidding. Seriously these kids are crazy. Don’t they know they can get others sick when they return home?

Thread Information