Pelicans Report

Thread: Back to Basketball

Back to Basketball

Looks like we missed out bigtime on Christian Wood. Tonight against Embid/Horford:

32 points (14 of 18)
    7 Rebounds
    3 Assists

3 of 4 from 3

Someone's going to get a big payday this summer. Wished the coaching staff knew how to evaluate talent. Whoever let him get away should be shot.

It was a good decision and the right one. The dude wouldn't get much playing time here. Favors and Zion would still be the starters.....we need shooting so Melli would get the nod over him (the 3 of 4 from 3 tonight is a confederate).....he would literally be getting Hayes/Jah minutes. Which would be a waste.

So be happy for him. But he wasn't the future next to Zion. Especially with Hayes and Favors.

Someone at TBW has a huge passion to push this, for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    It was a good decision and the right one. The dude wouldn't get much playing time here. Favors and Zion would still be the starters.....we need shooting so Melli would get the nod over him (the 3 of 4 from 3 tonight is a confederate).....he would literally be getting Hayes/Jah minutes. Which would be a waste.

So be happy for him. But he wasn't the future next to Zion. Especially with Hayes and Favors.

Someone at TBW has a huge passion to push this, for some reason.
    It was a terrible decision and the wrong one.

Wood could have been had for next to nothing.

Could a healthy Miller give this team more than Wood?
    Can Kenny Hustle give this team more than Wood?
    Can Jah give this team more than Wood?
    Can 'Flash or Crash' give this team more than Wood?

Favors missed significant time in the early season and Zion was an assistant coach until mid January; this team suffered for lack of bigs. Anybody with 2nd grade education has to admit that we have a glut of 1's, 2's and 3's. Too, Melli wasn't even in the rotation until after the first of the year and of course, I'll argue that JAX is, at best, the 13th or 14th man on the roster; Wood would have helped enormously during a 13 game losing streak when 'Flash' was doing a lot of crashing.

Oh, and by the way, the 'confederate' is shooting the three at a slightly higher percentage than Holiday for the season and the same rate as Ingram.

Good Bigs are not easy to come by.
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-12-2020 at 02:00 AM.

He averages two 3PAs a game.

So your beef with the decision is that we didn't look hard enough into our crystal balls to see Favors and Zion would be injured?

And the other argument is that he would have been a better spot than Miller, Kenny Hustle, and Jah.......all of whom are guys who don't play. As in, he would take one of their places and still not play. Hayes is the future. Melli is the better fit. Favors and Zion the better players.

Be happy for the guy for going off but had he stayed here, he'd be riding the pine.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I watched his highlights for this game and was very impressed with him..dude blocked 2 embiid jumpshots and spaced the floor on offense.. horford had to leave the paint to get closer to him because of the threat of his 3pt shot, and if they got too close he blew by them for the easy 2.. he would have been a very good fit with Zion...

He was also showing glimpses last season with us when he was given playing time... he got himself paid for the next season.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    This dead horse is going to keep getting beaten, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    This dead horse is going to keep getting beaten, I see.
    People are still infuriated that Demps didn't sign Seth Curry. They still get mad about it. Of course this horse will continue to be beaten.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    People are still infuriated that Demps didn't sign Seth Curry. They still get mad about it. Of course this horse will continue to be beaten.
    And trading Buddy for Cousins? Tsk tsk, how very short sighted

I'm still mad that the Jazz traded the draft rights to Magic Johnson for Gail Goodrich.

Seth Curry was a 2019 free agent fam.

Wood is a free agent. We can dump our dead weight and get him to fill out our bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I'm still mad that the Jazz traded the draft rights to Magic Johnson for Gail Goodrich.
    Worst deal in NBA history!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Seth Curry was a 2019 free agent fam.
    Sure, and he was also on the 2015 Pelicans Summer League roster. There are people out there who still get upset we didn't retain him then.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Wood is a free agent. We can dump our dead weight and get him to fill out our bigs.
    There’s a less than 0% chance Wood returns here

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    There’s a less than 0% chance Wood returns here
    I'm not advocating for bringing Wood back or not, but why do you think this?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Did he leave on bad terms? Telling me if we make him a strong offer he’d still refuse to come back?

Thread Information