Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: NBA HAS SUSPENDED SEASON

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    With every league being canceled now, I don’t see everyone just canceling this season with the assumption that things are better a month from now.
    UFC still happening this weekend

Last edited by 13 - 3; 03-12-2020 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    That is not the latest rumor. Not by anybody credible at least which is why I am guessing you didn't post a link to said "rumor"

The NBA hasn't even begun the process of playing out a possible return schedule or how it would work. They are purely in information gathering mode

Please stop posting. You serve no point but to spread false and/or poor information. You are the coronavirus of knowledge

Real mature . How old are you again? Grow up Stay classy Mike from Utah. I giving out info I heard as speculation from Mad dog radio on SiriusXM. Nobody said it was correct. They were just spitting out info from a former NBA PR . It sounds like there is some sort of planning going on now if an things get better in 30 days.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 03-12-2020 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Real mature . How old are you again? Grow up Stay classy Mike from Utah. I giving out info I heard as speculation from Mad dog radio on SiriusXM. Nobody said it was correct. They were just spitting out info from a former NBA PR . It sounds like there is some sort of planning going on now if an things get better in 30 days.
    Then you are just terrible at relaying info. "The latest rumor" implies the consensus most circulated information, distilled from a source in the know to an insider.

One guy speculating on a radio show is not "the latest rumor" --- Instead, say you heard one guy speculate on one possibility. That is passing along information correctly.

I am still on the fence whether you are a decent troll or a really dumb, but sincere poster. I go back and forth daily. Sometimes multiple times in the same day. And to that I say bravo
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Just cancel the season. Trying to start up again a month from now just wont be fair to anybody. Not even the current playoff teams.
    Fair will be way down the list of priorities. When has there ever been a "fair" season? Injuries aren't fair. Bad calls aren't fair. The leagues job is to entertain and to make profit. Fair is and will always be way, way down the list of priorities. They would never cancel the season because it wouldn't be "fair" -- after the strike they played a 50 game season with almost no training camp and barely any rest in season between games.

Then you are just terrible at relaying info. "The latest rumor" implies the consensus most circulated information, distilled from a source in the know to an insider.

One guy speculating on a radio show is not "the latest rumor" --- Instead, say you heard one guy speculate on one possibility. That is passing along information correctly.

I am still on the fence whether you are a decent troll or a really dumb, but sincere poster. I go back and forth daily. Sometimes multiple times in the same day. And to that I say bravo
    I suggest you watch Adam Silver’s full interview on TNT. Ideas are being discussed with GM’s now.Also I’m not the one that had multiple Twitter accounts banned. You are the one of the few in Tigerdroppings history that got banned on the 2nd post. Congratulations on that honor.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 03-12-2020 at 11:20 PM.

Fair will be way down the list of priorities. When has there ever been a "fair" season? Injuries aren't fair. Bad calls aren't fair. The leagues job is to entertain and to make profit. Fair is and will always be way, way down the list of priorities. They would never cancel the season because it wouldn't be "fair" -- after the strike they played a 50 game season with almost no training camp and barely any rest in season between games.
    Stay classy my friend. Watch the Adam Silver interview

I suggest you watch Adam Silver’s full interview on TNT. Ideas are being discussed with GM’s now.Also I’m not the one that had multiple Twitter accounts banned. You are the one of the few in Tigerdroppings history that got banned on the 2nd post. Congratulations on that honor.
    Have never had a single twitter account banned. Or an account banned on the 2nd post.

You are the least informed person in history. In a world, hopefully not too far away, you will not be granted a license to speak or write. Oh, how I long for that day

Have never had a single twitter account banned. Or an account banned on the 2nd post.

You are the least informed person in history. In a world, hopefully not too far away, you will not be granted a license to speak or write. Oh, how I long for that day
    You are in denial. Don’t have time for you crybaby. I’m ignoring you now. I will carry on as you don’t exist. Best for the forum.

Has it really hit anyone yet? No NBA indefinitely suuuuuuux

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I think we were supposed to play the Jazz tonight? Or was it tomorrow?

Blessing in disguise. We did not find this out next week after we had played the Jazz?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    The worst part of the suspension is not knowing whether they are going let us finish our schedule, or if Memphis will back into the 8th seed. I'd be good right now knowing we'll play the whole thing out, just later. It's the not knowing that sucks.

Wow.

It's been such a whirlwind. I have never really gotten to sit back and process just how big of a lottery we win with him.

Well would you listen to Laker fans

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...ns-mvp-chances
    Lol. This thing benefits the Lakers more than any other team. They are old, have no depth, and have been playing with the effort of already being in the playoffs. The wheels were going to fall off. The Clippers, on the other hand, were coasting. Saving the real steam for the post season. I was convinced the Lakers were going to lose energy and collapse to a younger team that is saving it like LAC or the Bucks. Now they get to rest and go into the postseason fresh or right after a short stint of regular season.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 03-13-2020 at 04:58 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Basketball.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Damn

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Damn
    That is what is so tricky about this. You may have it and show no symptoms. The virus just does not trigger on many.

That is what is so tricky about this. You may have it and show no symptoms. The virus just does not trigger on many.
    Yep, there are plenty of people (largely young people) who may have coronavirus but present no symptoms and as a result they're going around in public all the time, still going to public gatherings, still attending events, still visiting elderly relatives, etc, with no idea that the entire time, they're acting as a carrier who is spreading the disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Damn
    Rudy destroying the damn league

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Rudy destroying the damn league
    Rudy unintentionally saved thousands of lives. Without his positive test, the NBA tries to play games with no crowds. The NCAA doesn't cancel conference tournaments, etc. Other sports don't follow suit either. The spread is much worse in the universe in which Rudy doesn't test positive. His mistake saved many lives.

Rudy unintentionally saved thousands of lives. Without his positive test, the NBA tries to play games with no crowds. The NCAA doesn't cancel conference tournaments, etc. Other sports don't follow suit either. The spread is much worse in the universe in which Rudy doesn't test positive. His mistake saved many lives.
    What mistake did Rudy make to catch the virus? Did he only get tested because of the microphone antics?
    Last edited by AusPel; 03-15-2020 at 01:28 AM.

Wrong

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/03/13...aph-from-jazz/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...enied-n1159011

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/202...jazz-game.html
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 03-15-2020 at 09:46 AM.

Any time I think to myself "This guy couldn't possibly get any dumber", you fail to understand a point and respond and totally prove me wrong again. You are the gift that keeps on giving.

Thread Information