Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: NBA HAS SUSPENDED SEASON

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Check out what's happening in Italy. All of Europe is heading in the same direction with the US not far behind.
    Creative's from Poland, I think, so they'll be well aware of Italy, France, and the spreading infections elsewhere. Deaths in Italy went from under 200 to over 850 in a little over 24 hours at one point this week. It's grim. Only 6 deaths so far here in the UK, but members of the government have been self-isolating due to infection including (funnily enough) Health Minister Nadine Dorries.

Grim indeed.

Edit: Gone up *by* 200 to over 850, not *from* 200 to 850. My bad, just re-read the article and realised I had absolutely misread it Still, 200 deaths in 24 hours is bad, even if it's not as bad.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 03-12-2020 at 09:26 AM.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Gobert better have an excellent lawyer.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    That’s what they get for not giving us back the Jazz name (joking).

Gobert is now officially a pariah. Nobody will want to play with him. He will be out of the league in short measure.

Favors winds up back in Utah.
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-12-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Gobert is now officially a pariah. Nobody will want to play with him. He will be out of the league in short measure.

Favors winds up back in Utah.
    He may have been careless, but I’d still welcome him in a Pelz uni.

Hall of Famer
    Gobert is a moron

Really? How many of us have touched things that are not ours or touched other people? Had he known he had coronavirus, it would be a different story. Do all of us assume that we and anyone we come in contact with has it?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Really? How many of us have touched things that are not ours or touched other people? Had he known he had coronavirus, it would be a different story. Do all of us assume that we and anyone we come in contact with has it?
    He might not have known he was infected, but he did these things with the sole intent to cause a reaction (whether joking or malicious) out of people who were already concerned about the infection. That's completely different than someone touching an object or another person under normal circumstances.

The infection itself will not be his undoing...his smug indifference will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    He might not have known he was infected, but he did these things with the sole intent to cause a reaction (whether joking or malicious) out of people who were already concerned about the infection. That's completely different than someone touching an object or another person under normal circumstances.
    Exactly. It's like the thing he did touching all the microphones and the recorders.

Did he get corona from that? No, very probably not. Did he give anyone corona from that? No, probably not.

Does his ridiculous, childish, petty behaviour during a period of known health crises where thousands of people are dying worldwide betray a lack of maturity and a disregard for the health of others? Yes, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Right up until the NFL kicks off. That's what my prediction is. Once football gets going, you lose a lot of attention. So I think if this is solved in two months all games will be made up. Anything after two months and the rest of the season will be shortened.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Got to test run that NBA summerjam. Honestly, basketball should be a summer sport with how our climate is nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Check out what's happening in Italy. All of Europe is heading in the same direction with the US not far behind.
    I live in Poland and here the panic is enormous ... the schools and cinemas are closing, the sports games are suspended ... I was surprised, however, that this virus appeared in the NBA itself, that the players are infected ... it was a shock for me.

Basketball Guru

it was all good just a week ago for gobert..til fiction becomes a reality...

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    I live in Poland and here the panic is enormous ... the schools and cinemas are closing, the sports games are suspended ... I was surprised, however, that this virus appeared in the NBA itself, that the players are infected ... it was a shock for me.
    I see what you meant. It was only a matter of time though with the amount of people cramming into the games though. Unfortunately the US is going to look a lot like Italy in about 10 days.

Oh well Zion’s knees get to have some more rest in preparation for his true debut year next year

Latest rumor is that they would go straight to playoffs starting in June. Best of 3 , 5 then 7 for Conference and Finals. Over and done with by end of June.

Just speculation right now. Got to remember Olympics are in end of July if played.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 03-12-2020 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Latest rumor is that they would go straight to playoffs starting in June. Best of 3 , 5 then 7 for Conference and Finals. Over and done with by end of June.

Just speculation right now. Got to remember Olympics are in end of July if played.
    That is not the latest rumor. Not by anybody credible at least which is why I am guessing you didn't post a link to said "rumor"

The NBA hasn't even begun the process of playing out a possible return schedule or how it would work. They are purely in information gathering mode

Please stop posting. You serve no point but to spread false and/or poor information. You are the coronavirus of knowledge
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I don't see any logistical way for them to carry the season well into summer more than they already do.

Maybe a little longer, but as much as I'd love for the NBA season to end right as NFL training camps are set to open, we gotta mix in the draft and Summer League. One would hope.

Obviously, we need to be seeing a significant decrease in positive cases much sooner than that.

With every league being canceled now, I don’t see everyone just canceling this season with the assumption that things are better a month from now.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Hope everyone is healthy and safe. I am glad we got to see just how good Lonzo and Zion look together. I’m a huge Lonzo fan and think him and Zion and Ingram will be a total nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just cancel the season. Trying to start up again a month from now just wont be fair to anybody. Not even the current playoff teams.

Thread Information