Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: NBA HAS SUSPENDED SEASON

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Any time I think to myself "This guy couldn't possibly get any dumber", you fail to understand a point and respond and totally prove me wrong again. You are the gift that keeps on giving.
    Mike from Utah substitute teacher. I could care less if you want to defend him. I could care less if you want to resort to name calling and insults like our President. I’m just stating what I know through sources . NBC News has contact info on site. Cry to them. Crying to me well you are crying at wrong person.

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 03-15-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Mike from Utah substitute teacher. I could care less if you want to defend him. I could care less if you want to resort to name calling and insults like our President. I’m just stating what I know through sources . NBC News has contact info on site. Cry to them. Crying to me well you are crying at wrong person.

Have a nice day.
    Its COULDNT care less. But again....only smart people know that
    @mcnamara247

Where are we at now on the countdown? 27 more days? I can’t wait till Adam restarts this season.

Where are we at now on the countdown? 27 more days? I can’t wait till Adam restarts this season.
    There will not be another Pelicans game until at least September. So, everyone can feel free to move on to other things.

Rudy unintentionally saved thousands of lives. Without his positive test, the NBA tries to play games with no crowds. The NCAA doesn't cancel conference tournaments, etc. Other sports don't follow suit either. The spread is much worse in the universe in which Rudy doesn't test positive. His mistake saved many lives.
    I have to agree. It seems the NBA suspending the season is what set forth many others (sports, companies, state governments) to take it more seriously and move quicker to start closing public venues/gatherings.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I have to agree. It seems the NBA suspending the season is what set forth many others (sports, companies, state governments) to take it more seriously and move quicker to start closing public venues/gatherings.
    I don't think it's debatable. Now, I am not saying you give someone credit for a positive outcome if there is no intention behind it. So, no positive credit given. But Rudy unintentionally saved many, many lives.

I don't think it's debatable. Now, I am not saying you give someone credit for a positive outcome if there is no intention behind it. So, no positive credit given. But Rudy unintentionally saved many, many lives.
    Would you give him defensive player, MVP awards? Think Trump invites him to White House for pizza?
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 03-15-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Hall of Famer
    CDC recommendation of no events of 50-plus people for next two months comes as a number of NBA owners and executives increasingly believe a best case scenario is a mid-to-late June return to play -- with no fans. League's scouting for possible arena dates all the way thru August.

It's going to be a long way back

Here's a thought. Not sure if its correct or not, but isn't the salary cap based on league revenues? How does 24% of a season lost possibly, and no TV affect that?

NFL says frick it. We are starting Free agency

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...morrow-at-noon

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    CDC recommendation of no events of 50-plus people for next two months comes as a number of NBA owners and executives increasingly believe a best case scenario is a mid-to-late June return to play -- with no fans. League's scouting for possible arena dates all the way thru August.

It's going to be a long way back
    Season done. I doubt they start back up in June, with the Olympics this summer. The Draft. Taking 2 months off the season and trying to start back up will be rough.

I want to know how will the lottery be decided if there is no playoffs? All 30 team lottery seems unfair.

Hall of Famer
    NFL says frick it. We are starting Free agency

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...morrow-at-noon
    Should be interesting to see how the Meet ups work

Kevin Durant hinting return if season starts in June?

https://www.ibtimes.com/nba-kevin-du...ndemic-2940629

Darius Miller can return too! Boy we going to be beast when we return.

Hall of Famer
    NBA Would Like To Teams To Play At Least 70 Games To Deliver On RSN Contracts

NBA Would Like To Teams To Play At Least 70 Games To Deliver On RSN Contracts
    So we are starting season over?

Oh I see 70 games total. 30 Teams . That would between 4 -6 games per team if my math is right?

Hall of Famer
    Oh I see 70 games total. 30 Teams . That would between 4 -6 games per team if my math is right?
    Yea about 5 more games then playoffs

Yea about 5 more games then playoffs
    I mean, I guess that could happen but why would the Hawks, Knicks, and nearly a dozen other teams want to be a part of that? You bring all these players back, out of shape, and force them to play in meaningless games - risking injury and exposure to the virus....for what?

I mean, I guess that could happen but why would the Hawks, Knicks, and nearly a dozen other teams want to be a part of that? You bring all these players back, out of shape, and force them to play in meaningless games - risking injury and exposure to the virus....for what?
    If the league were to mandate it (if there really are contractural obligations for 70 games, for instance. Not sure if that's true), those teams wouldn't really have a choice. As a Pelicans fan, not really a fan of that option anyway. I believe we catch the Grizzlies with the full remainder of our schedule. Playing 5 games will likely leave us 1 game short. It is what it is at this point.

Hopefully the virus curve starts to move downward. Seems to be happening in China. Most of the players have there own personal trainers and Gyms so I would not worry about them being out of shape unless they are eating Popeyes everyday. Most likely games would not be in NBA arenas

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...s-reports-say/

Hall of Famer
    4 players on the nets tested positive

Durant was one. No symptoms

Thread Information