Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA HAS SUSPENDED SEASON

NBA NBA HAS SUSPENDED SEASON

For clarification, I have no idea what this means with regards to tonight's game, or when the season will return, or even if it will return this year.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Rudy Gobert continues to be the LAMEST dude in the League.

Consider that the trigger for this is Rudy Gobert being confirmed with Coronavirus, days after purposefully touching every microphone and recorder from every journalist in a postgame thing, as a joke.

Rudy Gobert, after all the whining for all star games and DPOY awards he didn't win, is officially confirmed as the league's lamest idiot.

Hall of Famer
    This dude was touching everything to.

It means they are no longer playing. Don't expect this to get better any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    It means they are no longer playing. Don't expect this to get better any time soon.
    Well yes it means they're no longer playing. The question is, for how long? When they restart, do they pick up where they left off, and we end up finishing the season in July or something? Or do they just leave it as a Dead Year In NBA History and start next year as normal? Do we do a playoffs in the summer based on where teams are ranked now?

These are the questions, not if they're going to keep playing or not.

That said, according to Andrew Lopez, tonight's Pels Kings game will go ahead as planned, and may be the last NBA game played for a while.

This is just the beginning. Things are going to get a lot worse. Experts are saying this could last between 3-6 months

Basketball Guru
    it didnt make sense to me to play games with out fans but let the players play knowing they are also at risk....

Our playoff game

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Well yes it means they're no longer playing. The question is, for how long? When they restart, do they pick up where they left off, and we end up finishing the season in July or something? Or do they just leave it as a Dead Year In NBA History and start next year as normal? Do we do a playoffs in the summer based on where teams are ranked now?

These are the questions, not if they're going to keep playing or not.
    They will at least wait it out for 20ish days once the incubation period ends. That is best case scenario. Can see it going further than that

Basketball Guru
    i think they will take the top 8 teams in their conference at this time and resume for the playoffs....

Quote Originally Posted by riot. View Post
    This is just the beginning. Things are going to get a lot worse. Experts are saying this could last between 3-6 months
    We are at least a year to 18 months from any potential vaccine. There are no treatments. We have sat on our hands when the extreme measures China took bought us a little time. We did nothing with that time. The USA is 11 days behind Italy in terms of first community spread cases. In about 10 days many hospitals will be overwhelmed. This is going to be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    This dude was touching everything to.
    This guy just costed the NBA millions.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    They will at least wait it out for 20ish days once the incubation period ends. That is best case scenario. Can see it going further than that
    With any luck, the league will spend the next week or so coming up with some actual measures and we'll know what's actually happening.

Probably safe to assume no NBA for at least a month though. Very possibly more, but at least a month

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i think they will take the top 8 teams in their conference at this time and resume for the playoffs....
    Top 16 teams should go through

Mark Cuban going all out on this one.

You can’t risk it. The NBA is doing the right thing as much as this upsets me. Especially now that a player is infected.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    You can’t risk it. The NBA is doing the right thing as much as this upsets me. Especially now that a player is infected.
    While our $%$%#^& idiot prime minister lets Ferrari from Italy arrive for the Grand Prix.
    **** I hate our government.

Gentry gets spared another season?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    While our $%$%#^& idiot prime minister lets Ferrari from Italy arrive for the Grand Prix.
    **** I hate our government.
    YOU hate YOUR government?

Trump says hi!

I’m hoping those microphones he touched got burned

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I’m hoping those microphones he touched got burned
    I'm hoping he gets slapped.

Who the hell does that during a pandemic lol, high level moron activity going on for Gobert

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm hoping he gets slapped.

Who the hell does that during a pandemic lol, high level moron activity going on for Gobert
    "4 teh epix lulz" of course.

Thread Information