Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 8th March - New Orleans Pelicans @ Minnesota Timberwolves - 27-36

Jrue has 37, new season high
    Basketball.

Zion takes his first shot of the 4th quarter; tough (righty?) finish in traffic. Scores, he has 22

Good stuff.

Flagrant one called on that mugging. Zion goes to the line

Kudos to Jrue, this one is on him.

Alvin Gentry is nothing but a place holder coach...poor guy. Good gig if you can get it though....

Endgame Statline
    Pels Win: 120-107

Zion: 23 points, 8 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block. 9/15 shooting (60%), 1/1 from 3. 3 turnovers, 0 fouls
    Ingram: 15 points, 11 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 steal. 6/12 shooting (50%), 0/2 from 3. 5 turnovers, 3 fouls
    Jrue: 37 points, 10 rebounds, 8 assists, 1 steal, 1 block. 13/20 shooting (65%), 3/8 from 3 (37.5%). 1 turnover, 5 fouls
    Favors: 9 points, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks. 4/6 shooting (66.7%). 2 turnovers, 0 fouls.
    Lonzo: 18 points, 5 rebounds, 8 assists, 1 steal. 7/13 shooting (53.8%), 4/8 from 3. 7 turnovers, 5 fouls

Bench

Moore 3 points, 1 rebound. 1/3 shooting
    Hart: 1 point, 5 rebounds. 0/8 shooting
    Melli: 11 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists. 3/6 shooting, 1/3 from 3
    Frank: 3 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist. 1/6 shooting (16.7%)

Its time to play NAW. I cant believe Frank still gets PT he is horrible almost cost us early on.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    Its time to play NAW. I cant believe Frank still gets PT he is horrible almost cost us early on.
    He got a hairline fx

Lonzo 3pt shot is up to 38.3% for the season

What a tremendous turnaround

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    That would be great if he wasn't out indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    He got a hairline fx
    well damn.. hopefully Frank gets it together because we need him, Moore and Hart to pick up the slack with no JJ cause tonight was unacceptable between all three.

Lonzo 3pt shot is up to 38.3% for the season

What a tremendous turnaround
    The vastness of the change his shot has undergone is stunning. Vinson has turned it around completely for him. It's bonkers.

I wished they would send JAXSON to Erie for some seasoning.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I don't think any of us expected it to be 38.3% at this time of the season on what also seems to be a healthy volume that is increasing. Really fantastic.

Just finished.....wow......that officiating, though....
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Alvin likes him
    Point proven!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The vastness of the change his shot has undergone is stunning. Vinson has turned it around completely for him. It's bonkers.
    It really is. I’ve never seen this done really to a degree this quickly. Fred deserves an award or something lol

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    It really is. I’ve never seen this done really to a degree this quickly. Fred deserves an award or something lol
    Yep, and obviously all credit to Lonzo for putting in the time, effort, and repetition to get it to stick.

Lonzo just needs to keep on that path man. He becomes the optimal fit if he ever gets to 40% from 3 and can clean up his FT shooting.

Basketball Guru
    The rest of the month. It's Lonzo Curry. Lol

lonzo see he will be playing against his baby brother come october and said he cant let the youngun come in and out shine him lol.......

i cant wait to see those 2 play against each other......espn will blow it up..

Quote Originally Posted by rudy sanders View Post
    Why is Zion so bad at boxing out when he's the biggest thing out there??
    His rebounding numbers are never going to be astronomical I think for 2 reasons. His wingspan I think actually affects him here because sometimes rebounds come at you faster than you can jump which is his equalizer to the 7 foot behemoths in the league.

And 2, he doesn’t hunt rebounds if another teammate is in the area. I swear Josh Hart takes 3-4 rebounds from him every game haha. I think Zion does it because he’s a nice kid and also doesn’t want to expend valuable energy if another teammate is clearly also in the area

Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    His rebounding numbers are never going to be astronomical I think for 2 reasons. His wingspan I think actually affects him here because sometimes rebounds come at you faster than you can jump which is his equalizer to the 7 foot behemoths in the league.

And 2, he doesn’t hunt rebounds if another teammate is in the area. I swear Josh Hart takes 3-4 rebounds from him every game haha. I think Zion does it because he’s a nice kid and also doesn’t want to expend valuable energy if another teammate is clearly also in the area
    I think the 2nd part is especially true. Zion is not a stat padder in the slightest. And no, I don’t mind the competitiveness from Hart in that regard. In fact, I think it’s the best possible mentality you can have coming off the bench. Fight for everything. Zion just needs to box out a little better. That is my only gripe.

Alright, Raptors starting to get up.

Well dang. I really did not see the Kings going on a run like this. Against some good teams, too. Usually I would love an underdog doing what they're doing but.....c'mon!

Thread Information