Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Nets fire Kenny Atkinson

If ever there was a player that came out too early, JAXSON'S the guy. That's why he should have been sent down to Erie.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    If ever there was a player that came out too early, JAXSON'S the guy. That's why he should have been sent down to Erie.
    Perhaps we are asking too much from him right now. He is a rookie. Frank Jackson was a mess rookie season too. He will learn over time.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    No. I think his best used place is on this team. He's shown flashes. He's going to learn a lot more from seeing and working against guys like Okafor and Favors in practice than he'd ever learn in G-League.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    No. I think his best used place is on this team. He's shown flashes. He's going to learn a lot more from seeing and working against guys like Okafor and Favors in practice than he'd ever learn in G-League.
    E, he has no game experience to speak of (two years of extensive playing experience - one in high school and one in college). He's not an AAU product so all said, he's probably played a major role in less than 75 games. He needs to learn the game almost from square one. You can see the confusion all over his face every time the whistle is blown. In my mind, this has been a lost year for him. Erie would have benefitted him immeasurably. It's a big leap from summer ball to the talent in the NBA; you can't expect him to learn to play the game on the fly against the best players in the world. It's almost an impossible ask.
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-08-2020 at 09:18 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I fully disagree. Playing against guys who will never make the NBA doesn't do him much good. Just a way of learning and ingraining really bad habits and techniques. Because those will work in G-League.

Especially given that bigs play a much more cerebral game than any other position. Guards like NAW need more reps and plus, the talent quantity is higher the shorter the players get.

I fully disagree. Playing against guys who will never make the NBA doesn't do him much good. Just a way of learning and ingraining really bad habits and techniques. Because those will work in G-League.

Especially given that bigs play a much more cerebral game than any other position. Guards like NAW need more reps and plus, the talent quantity is higher the shorter the players get.
    Obviously, time will tell. But I can't see him developing without court time, and being on the court thus far has been detrimental to the team.

Not so much that you can't walk and chew bubblegum. Just that I'm not sure if Hayes can.

Too early to tell, of course. But I'd wager against it if pressed.
    If he develops into being a solid stretch 5 and shares the floor with Zion, shots will be getting swatted at a good rate

Thread Information