Pelicans Report

Thread: Nuggets had interest in Jrue at deadline

Hall of Famer

Nuggets had interest in Jrue at deadline

The Denver Nuggets made a significant push to acquire Jrue Holiday before the trade deadline, according to sources that spoke with Shams Charania of The Athletic.

The New Orleans Pelicans, however, never showed interest to move him.

Holiday made it clear that he would at least like to play out the remainder of the 19-20 season with the Pelicans.

SHAMS CHARANIA/THE ATHLETIC

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    That's cute Denver. Move along.

Yep. We also got rumours of what the proposed deal was. If I remember correctly, it was something like Gary Harris/Malik Beasley/Denvers FRP. That might be a little off, but that's basically what was being floated around.

Bad trade offer.

Since Jan 22nd, Jrue's been showing everyone why Denver, Miami, etc, were so eager to acquire him though. Playing with Zion has unlocked his game.
    Basketball.

Jrue’s game will age like a fine wine (his is one of smarts not athleticism), so I would like to keep him here til his wheels come off.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Yeah that rumored trade was pretty bad... harris has been on a decline and that 1st rnd pick would be at the tail end... glad we said no

Basketball Guru
    Holiday made it clear that he would at least like to play out the remainder of the 19-20 season with the Pelicans.

this part is interesting to me.....so would jrue be open to a trade in the off season if we miss the playoffs?....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    so would jrue be open to a trade in the off season if we miss the playoffs?....
    Does he have a choice? Is there a clause in his contract?

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Does he have a choice? Is there a clause in his contract?
    No.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I love Jerami Grant. What do y’all think about him as a pairing for Zion?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    I love Jerami Grant. What do y’all think about him as a pairing for Zion?
    Grant would play what position? because I dont think you can go far with him at center

Assuming next year

Zion at the 4

Ingram at the 3

If we could of gotten Michael Porter Jr & Monte Morris I would of possibly made that trade. Porter Jr would of been nice 6th man with excellent skills & possible star potential that could also be a good small ball 4 when we play Zion at center. And Morris is a good backup point guard to ease the loss of Jrue.

C: D Fave, Hayes
    PF: Zion, Melli
    SF: BI, Porter Jr
    SG: JJ, Hart, NAW
    PG: Lonzo, Morris

But I seriously doubt I would of made that move unless we think Porter can turn into a star

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    If we could of gotten Michael Porter Jr & Monte Morris I would of possibly made that trade. Porter Jr would of been nice 6th man with excellent skills & possible star potential that could also be a good small ball 4 when we play Zion at center. And Morris is a good backup point guard to ease the loss of Jrue.

C: D Fave, Hayes
    PF: Zion, Melli
    SF: BI, Porter Jr
    SG: JJ, Hart, NAW
    PG: Lonzo, Morris

But I seriously doubt I would of made that move unless we think Porter can turn into a star
    Not so sure what we have in NAW and JAXSON. Neither have shown any growth this year on the court whatsoever; if anything, they may have digressed. Hopefully, their play is more of an indictment of the 'Gentry Way', then an indication of their basketball ability and their ceilings at the NBA level. It would be a shame if their raw talent and skills didn't translate, but it happens every year.
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-07-2020 at 07:42 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    As much as I like NAW and Hayes, they aren't pieces you don't ever even consider flipping. But we'd need to be getting a relative return investment commensurate to their potential.

I saw a Reddit post about a trade with the Nets for Levert. I would love that trade, Jrue gets to play for a contender and we get a great young scorer who can still grow defensively.

As a side note, I’m almost positive that KAT will be a Pelican at some point. Whatever the damages will be remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    As a side note, I’m almost positive that KAT will be a Pelican at some point. Whatever the damages will be remains to be seen.
    Imagining the defense of a team coached by Alvin Gentry that starts both KAT and Ingram, and watching my arms fly off my body into space for such evils

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Imagining the defense of a team coached by Alvin Gentry that starts both KAT and Ingram, and watching my arms fly off my body into space for such evils
    Haha that is my worry too. It’s not a problem of whether he is a fit offensively, it’s a matter of will he be worth what we will give up to acquire him. Again, if you are purely focusing on the stretch 5 aspect, no other move will make more sense than adding the best shooting 5 of all time. But you also have to take into account usage and that will be an impossible situation with Ingram, Jrue, Zion and KAT demanding possessions.

Thread Information