Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th March - New Orleans Pelicans VS Miami Heat - 26-36

I hate how guys like Jalen are just completely shooting down the idea of Co-ROY for Zion

His argument is always "Ja has been doing it all year and has the Griz in the 8th spot"

No one wants to say it but what has Ja actually done? A pretty average NBA-ROY campaign which IS deserving. But Zion is DOMINATING and producing historically.

THAT'S why Zion should still be in contention

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I honestly don't really think that Zion has been ''the only focus all game'' in most of our recent games.

The number of times Zion gets completely ignored while in perfect position is baffling. There have multiple (at least 3 come immediately to mind) occasions through different games where he's gone 5+ on-court minutes without getting a single shot attempt.

Tonight, despite being a perfect 5/5 shooting and being in great position for at least another handful of open looks, he's taken only as many shots as Frank Jackson, and fewer than Jrue, Lonzo, Hart, and half as many attempts as Ingram.

If anything, guys need to pay more attention to him in the second half; he's getting plenty of open looks and he's passing extremely well when he gets doubled.
    In the past few games we have forced an absurd amount of dumb passes at him that resulted in turnovers or bad plays. This has nothing to do with Zion and more to do with our players not picking the right moments to hit big Z. And as you said, when he’s actually open we ignore him completely.

Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    I hate how guys like Jalen are just completely shooting down the idea of Co-ROY for Zion

His argument is always "Ja has been doing it all year and has the Griz in the 8th spot"

No one wants to say it but what has Ja actually done? A pretty average NBA-ROY campaign which IS deserving. But Zion is DOMINATING and producing historically.

THAT'S why Zion should still be in contention
    I get the arguments for Ja getting ROY. Co ROY is stupid and should never be considered. It’s an insult to the player that played all year. Zion, as well as he has done has a limited sample size.

Didn't realize the Heat argue every call

When Zion passes you the ball out of a triple team and you're wide open and you refuse to take that shot, he should slap you. Sorry Lonzo.
    Basketball.

Man, Ingram has stunk tonight. He's currently 1/12 from the floor. 8.3% shooting.

They are making it really hard to enter the ball. It reminds me of the Rockets game how hard they are denying the post entry.

Zion made a pass out of the post and someone took the shot.

Thank you Jrue.

Ingram with a frankly terrible off balance floater falling out of bounds. He's 1/13 from the floor.

Zion gets his offensive board and puts up the finish. And one.

Jrue nails another 3

Zion misses his first shot of the night on a super fast scoop layup that just overshoots it

Geez Jrue was a bit dangerous with that grab. Wasn’t intentional but it was late

Heat update: Crowder will not return from the game after getting absolutely rocked by that Zion elbow

That happens way too much with Zion

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Geez Jrue was a bit dangerous with that grab. Wasn’t intentional but it was late
    Yep. Called it a flagrant and it was justifiable.

YES BI with the teabag

INGRAM MADE A BUCKET

He's now 2/15

Bam is the best player on that team.

Still don't think Jimmy is a first option. Don't think Bam is either but he could be a damn good #2

Yep. Called it a flagrant and it was justifiable.
    It was one of those where he meant to just wrap him up but he was always reaching. It happens. You can tell by Jrue’s reaction right after that he didn’t mean it

Zion gets clear post position in front of a much smaller guy. Super deep.

Ingram instead opts for the long 3. Brick.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    It was one of those where he meant to just wrap him up but he was always reaching. It happens. You can tell by Jrue’s reaction right after that he didn’t mean it
    Yeah, but totally fair to call a flagrant. No big deal.

Does Zion grip the ball too loose when he holds it below his waist?

Ingram with a turnover with the offensive foul.

He's been horrible tonight. Just absolutely horrible.

Call me old fashioned... I really don't care. You cannot win playing out of control like this. This playground garbage is crap.
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

The Franchise
    Ingram with a turnover with the offensive foul.

He's been horrible tonight. Just absolutely horrible.
    How many times are you going to tell us.. How many misses are you going to tell us about?

Thread Information