Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 3rd March - New Orleans Pelicans vs Minnesota Timberwolves - 26-34

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Pegging him as the scapegoat. He needs to improve his defense mostly. It brings down his actual value as a player big time. When you are eating yo the cap space you better be worth it
    A few of you on this board are the only ones questioning his max pay day.. I can assure you he will get it. Whether you like it or not. The fact that this team lost due to poor team defense, and some of you are trying to single him out makes no sense to me.

Where was all this talk when he was keeping us afloat while Zion was out? Good luck finding someone else to come to the Pels.. It's not a free agent destination. Let's be honest.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    We have like (1) player that will fight through screens (Jrue Holiday).

I am not seeing tenacious defense from ANYONE else on this team.

And do you know why? Because they are not scared of getting their asses chewed for half assing it.

Gregg Popovich would call a timeout and scream at the entire team at center court if he was forced to coach this mess.

None of these players fear Gentry's "AW SHUCKS" wrath.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    We have like (1) player that will fight through screens (Jrue Holiday).

I am not seeing tenacious defense from ANYONE else on this team.

And do you know why? Because they are not scared of getting their asses chewed for half assing it.

Gregg Popovich would call a timeout and scream at the entire team at center court if he was forced to coach this mess.

None of these players fear Gentry's "AW SHUCKS" wrath.
    Thank you..

But some here want to single out one player as if it's entirely on them..

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    A few of you on this board are the only ones questioning his max pay day.. I can assure you he will get it. Whether you like it or not. The fact that this team lost due to poor team defense, and some of you are trying to single him out makes no sense to me.

Where was all this talk when he was keeping us afloat while Zion was out? Good luck finding someone else to come to the Pels.. It's not a free agent destination. Let's be honest.
    I know he's getting it. He will be on this tema next season on. a max and with that comes expectations to win.his value to winning and being a top dog is still to be determined

He was keeping them a float. Come on they were like 10 games under.500. They were bad with him

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    I know he's getting it. He will be on this tema next season on. a max and with that comes expectations to win.his value to winning and being a top dog is still to be determined

He was keeping them a float. Come on they were like 10 games under.500. They were bad with him
    They would have been even worse.. and yes they were afloat when Favors returned.. and that is prior to Zion's return.

A good team is what fuels expectations to win.. not a single player. Your logic is off. And if they don't win, is that on Ingram? Think about what you're saying.

We just lost this game, Zion played.. So is this an indictment on him since we lost? No it isn't, it's a team sport.

A few of you on this board are the only ones questioning his max pay day.. I can assure you he will get it.
    Yeah, you see, this is a problem. Because the first sentence is unrelated to the second.

We all know he's going to get a max. Any of the questions surrounding it aren't about whether he'll get it. The questions are about whether he's a good enough player overall for a max to be an actual value giving contract.

Pretending like we're all crazies who are the only people questioning it, and then offering an answer (''I can assure you he will get it'') that doesn't actually address the question and instead just offers something we all already know doesn't actually work towards anything.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah, you see, this is a problem. Because the first sentence is unrelated to the second.

We all know he's going to get a max. Any of the questions surrounding it aren't about whether he'll get it. The questions are about whether he's a good enough player overall for a max to be an actual value giving contract.

Pretending like we're all crazies who are the only people questioning it, and then offering an answer (''I can assure you he will get it'') that doesn't actually address the question and instead just offers something we all already know doesn't actually work towards anything.
    Why does it matter. Ingram is a easily tradeable Max.

The Franchise

And what does you questioning it work towards?

Not all of you feel this way, but for those that do.. you kinda deserve the product that you've had for the past decade. You're questioning whether or not a quality young prospect who made the all-star team is worth a max. Think about that.. While also thinking about who actually wants to come and play for the Pels..

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Why does it matter. Ingram is a easily tradeable Max.
    Yep, I agree.. If you don't like what you're getting it shouldn't be a problem to unload him.

And what does you questioning it work towards?

Not all of you feel this way, but for those that do.. you kinda deserve the product that you've had for the past decade. You're questioning whether or not a quality young prospect who made the all-star team is worth a max. Think about that.. While also thinking about who actually wants to come and play for the Pels..
    We're fans of the sport having a discussion. If your contribution to the discussion is ''nobody wants to come to New Orleans, take what you can get, you don't get to have real discussions about value because if you do, you deserve everything bad that comes your way, poverty franchises don't get to be picky'' then cool, but don't be surprised when people push back on that.

Yep, I agree.. If you don't like what you're getting it shouldn't be a problem to unload him.
    If you can trade Wiggins...you can trade Ingram if comes to it.

IMO they should move Ingram to the 2 with Zo and find a 3 and 5 over the next 2 years using Jrue, JJ and other assets.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post

IMO they should move Ingram to the 2 with Zo and find a 3 and 5 over the next 2 years using Jrue, JJ and other assets.
    Good luck finding a decent 2 in the league Ingram can defend.

This lose is on one person, and that is Alvin Gentry. I will have so much joy they day the ESPN bottom line says the Pelicans have fired head coach Alvin Gentry.

That’s just wild. How about you let him go into his 1st healthy off season and let him gain weight

I think he defends 2's better than he does 3's or 4's by my eye test, but I still the primary problem is that there is no accountability. Gentry has to go.

They need a coach is a coach first and a friend/father figure second.

The Franchise
    We're fans of the sport having a discussion. If your contribution to the discussion is ''nobody wants to come to New Orleans, take what you can get, you don't get to have real discussions about value because if you do, you deserve everything bad that comes your way, poverty franchises don't get to be picky'' then cool, but don't be surprised when people push back on that.
    Your summation is absurd. I said if you have problem with a 22 year old all-star that is still developing getting a max you don't deserve a quality squad. Everything else you tried to read into my statement is bogus.

That’s just wild. How about you let him go into his 1st healthy off season and let him gain weight
    Bro he isn't going to gain much weight. It's like people who say that Zion needs to lose 30 pounds. It's in their genetics. His weight isn't the reason he is a bad defender.

The Franchise
    You're hopelessly bias against Ingram.. You've been wrong about him all season, and was wrong about him prior to. Your commentary on him is pathetic, which is sad considering your commentary elsewhere is decent.

Bro he isn't going to gain much weight. It's like people who say that Zion needs to lose 30 pounds. It's in their genetics. His weight isn't the reason he is a bad defender.
    People said the same thing about AD. Weight doesn't start to stick till they hit 24.

Hall of Famer
    The warriors are blowing out the. nuggets

That's a bigger upset than what happened tonight

You're hopelessly bias against Ingram.. You've been wrong about him all season, and was wrong about him prior to. Your commentary on him is pathetic, which is sad considering your commentary elsewhere is decent.
    Thanks for your input.

The Franchise
    Thanks for your input.
    You're always welcome.. anytime.

Advanced Stats for Tonight
    15 minutes minimum

Best TS%: Lonzo Ball, 100.9%
    Worst TS%: E'twaun Moore, 14.3%
    Highest REB%: Jrue Holiday, 12.5%
    Highest AST%: Jrue Holiday, 37.5%

Highest Net Rating: Lonzo Ball, +7.6, followed by Jrue at +6 and Zion at +1.5
    Lowest Net Rating: Melli, -26.6, followed by Hart -18.8, then Moore at -13.5

Most Deflections: Moore with 4, then Zion with 2
    Most Screen Assists:Derrick Favors, with 2
    Most 2pt Contests: Ingram, with 6
    Most 3pt Contests: Ingram, with 4
    Most Boxouts: Favors, 2

People said the same thing about AD. Weight doesn't start to stick till they hit 24.
    AD still gets pushed around.
    I get your point though.
    Ingram will add weight, but it's not why he's a sub par defender.

AD still gets pushed around.
    I get your point though.
    Ingram will add weight, but it's not why he's a sub par defender.
    I think it's *part* of why he's a subpar defender. At least once or twice a game he gets to the spot in time and the offensive player just moves him like he's not there, and he can't resist at all. It's part of why he's so dreadful as a post defender despite his length; he can't stop anyone from backing him down because he weighs nothing and his centre of balance is like 200 miles off the ground.

Thread Information