Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 3rd March - New Orleans Pelicans vs Minnesota Timberwolves - 26-34

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    I don't want to hear playoffs.

I seriously don't want to hear it. They don't ******* deserve it after losing to these idiots at home.
    They are an NBA team

If you have a game where 4 of your starters put up at least 24 points, and none of your starters shoots below 50%, you should win.

If your defense is bad enough to negate that level of offensive production, and your bench can't add anything to it, you have a problem.
    Basketball.

No more playoffs talk round here man.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Somebody send this video and a Coaching For Dummies book to our coach:

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Shout out to our bench for going 9/30 combined for 30% shooting on the night. Absolutely stellar performances from those guys. Big shout out to Frank and Moore for going a combined 2/11, very cool.
    Well, we didn't commit to playing NAW through his growing pains or make a trade. You reap what you sow for short term success.

Griffin has some serious evaluations to conduct in the offseason. This team is far from a finished product.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by boot318 View Post
    Ingram MIA again? + we gotta give this guy 25% of the cap next season.
    This is a lie..

Shout out to our bench for going 9/30 combined for 30% shooting on the night. Absolutely stellar performances from those guys. Big shout out to Frank and Moore for going a combined 2/11, very cool.
    JJ is a big miss for sure, but you can’t expect everything to be perfect every night. There is plenty of talent in his stead. No way we should be dropping this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    This is a lie..
    I didn't even noticed Ingram since Mid-3rd quarter. Anyone got his stats since then till end of the game?
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Griffin has some serious evaluations to conduct in the offseason. This team is far from a finished product.
    Griffin got really conservative when we needed to make moves to save this season. All that playoff hype was a con job to sell tickets. If this team was remotely serious in a playoff run. We would of got somebody.

Griffin quiet hiding in his office. I hope he enjoy the whole summer feeding his ego with all those interview. Dude looks like a clown.

This team is being led by a false prophet.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The Franchise
    I didn't even noticed Ingram since Mid-3rd quarter. Anyone got his stats since then till end of the game?
    It was stated that he was MIA... my response was "that's a lie".. Now you're moving the goal post.. Ingram had a solid game, along with all the starters.

We lost on defense.. it's that simple. No need to look for scapegoats.

Ingram when 0-2 from the floor in the 4th quarter, both shots from 3. He had 1 assist.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    They are an NBA team
    Aren't we supposed to be THE better NBA team?

It was stated that he was MIA... my response was "that's a lie".. Now you're moving the goal post.. Ingram had a solid game, along with all the starters.

We lost on defense.. it's that simple. No need to look for scapegoats.
    When I stated it, that is when I meant it. Guess I should've posted it till after the game + I thought his D was subpar when I made it.

Ingram when 0-2 from the floor in the 4th quarter, both shots from 3. He had 1 assist.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    Aren't we supposed to be THE better NBA team?
    They beat the miami heat in miami last week and miami is better than this team

Perhaps Naz Reid is the steal of the 2019 Draft....certainly the best center at this point.

The Franchise
    Bottom line.. Ingram had a good game.. along with the other starters. Stop trying to peg him as a scapegoat. No single individual is responsible for this loss.

Collectively the D needs to improve for this team.

Flip Saunders son is a better coach than Gentry.

Hall of Famer
    Bottom line.. Ingram had a good game.. along with the other starters. Stop trying to peg him as a scapegoat. No single individual is responsible for this loss.

Collectively the D needs to improve for this team.
    It will get worse next season, no excuses when you are making max money

The Franchise
    What excuse are you talking about?? Where do you see an excuse? And what does collective defense have to do with Ingram's max money?

What are you guys even talking about? lol

Hall of Famer
    What excuse are you talking about?? Where do you see an excuse? And what does collective defense have to do with Ingram's max money?

What are you guys even talking about? lol
    Pegging him as the scapegoat. He needs to improve his defense mostly. It brings down his actual value as a player big time. When you are eating yo the cap space you better be worth it

This is what I feel. $25+ million gets you that? Give me 10+ points in the 4th and I'm cool. He's the best player on the team (Zion might be but I can't give it to him for 15ish games).

Maybe he will get better next year. He's doing fine from a pay-per-play right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    We play transition offense and it basically guarantees our defenders are out of position if you turn the ball over or don’t rebound. We didn’t rectify that and gave the game away.
    There is truth to this the Pels play as if there is a 12 second clock instead of 24 but that's been all year But there is no excuse in not having down basic fundamental defensive play.

If you have a game where 4 of your starters put up at least 24 points, and none of your starters shoots below 50%, you should win.

If your defense is bad enough to negate that level of offensive production, and your bench can't add anything to it, you have a problem.
    Gentry's defense is to outscore the opposing team's offense.

Thread Information