Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 3rd March - New Orleans Pelicans vs Minnesota Timberwolves - 26-34

Jrue gonna miss 2 out of the 3
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Jrue and his free throws.... Hahahahaha

This game was lost when we refused to slow the game down. We have to beat Dallas now.

Why didn't we just employ a zone defense too? 72 points in the paint?? The coaching for the Pels is not pathetic; it's non-existent.

Embarrassing...

It’s like they have not been taught pick-and-roll defense all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    Embarrassing...

It’s like they have not been taught pick-and-roll defense all year.
    This team hasn't been taught D since Gentry's been here.

I don't want to hear playoffs.

I seriously don't want to hear it. They don't ******* deserve it after losing to these idiots at home.

I honestly don't see the team getting much better under this coaching staff It is what it is.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Becky Hammon, COME ON DOWN!

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Why didn't we just employ a zone defense too? 72 points in the paint?? The coaching for the Pels is not pathetic; it's non-existent.
    We play transition offense and it basically guarantees our defenders are out of position if you turn the ball over or don’t rebound. We didn’t rectify that and gave the game away.

What a TERRIBLE disapointment ...I think I will vomit...

Gentry has got to go.

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post

I seriously don't want to hear it. They don't ******* deserve it after losing to these idiots at home.
    Lakers would beat us 4-0 in blowouts. Who wants to see that?! I realized we weren't going to make it the Playoffs after the Thunder came to the NO and bodied us. I had enough time to digest it.

WTF didn't they go to zone when they were picking and rolling? Give then a different look.

Quote Originally Posted by Wecandothis View Post
    I honestly don't see the team getting much better under this coaching staff It is what it is.
    We have really good coaches tho. We won't be better if we our only willing to have one style of play.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Now THAT was pathetic.

After the Lakers game, instead of Gentry coming out firing in the post game, tearing the team a new hole for their pathetic execution in the fourth quarter, he comes out, “oh golly gee, what are your going to do, number 23 is just so gosh darn good, I’m happy though, we competed we’ll get em next time, blah blah blah”.

So of course the team comes out in this game like everything is just fine, no problem we’ll just roll out and out of bed and out score them, absolutely no sense of urgency. Gentry has a loser mentality and it carries over to the team.

It may be time to start pulling for the ping pong balls. We lucked into AD and Zion by getting the first overall pick against the odds. Lucky for third time?

Endgame Statlines

Zion: 25 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 steals, 1 block. 10/19 shooting (52.6%). 1 turnover, 4 fouls.
    Ingram: 24 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals. 9/16 shooting (56.2%), 3/6 from 3. 3 turnovers, 1 foul
    Jrue: 27 points, 10 rebounds, 12 assists. 10/16 shooting (62.5%), 2/6 from 3 (33.3%). 3 turnovers, 1 foul
    Favors: 10 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist. 5/6 shooting (83.3%) 3 fouls.
    Lonzo: 26 points, 5 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 steals. 9/12 shooting (75%), 7/10 from 3. 6 turnovers, 0 fouls.

Bench
    Hart: 11 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists. 5/13 shooting (38.5%)
    Melli:5 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists. 2/6 shooting (33.3%)
    Frank:4 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist. 1/4 shooting (25%)
    Moore:2 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist. 1/7 shooting (14.3%)
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Becky Hammon, COME ON DOWN!
    Please.

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post

I’m almost positive we will. It won’t be pretty, but we will stumble into them most likely. The HC is out of his depth though.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    After the Lakers game, instead of Gentry coming out firing in the post game, tearing the team a new hole for their pathetic execution in the fourth quarter, he comes out, “oh golly gee, what are your going to do, number 23 is just so gosh darn good, I’m happy though, we competed we’ll get em next time, blah blah blah”.

So of course the team comes out in this game like everything is just fine, no problem we’ll just roll out and out of bed and out score them, absolutely no sense of urgency. Gentry has a loser mentality and it carries over to the team.
    Gentry is friend first and a coach tenth.
    He has to go. One more ****** year into Zions time here is criminal .

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Pick and Roll is the most basic thing in the NBA.

Yet we have no idea how to defend it.

THEY TEACH HOW TO DEFEND THIS IN 6 YEAR OLD YMCA BBALL.

Shout out to our bench for going 9/30 combined for 30% shooting on the night. Absolutely stellar performances from those guys. Big shout out to Frank and Moore for going a combined 2/11, very cool.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post

I wasn't super happy with him saying that either. I can say that. Fans can say that. But for a coach to be legit thinking it, what are our players even doing if their own coaches don't think they can win?

Thread Information