Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd March - New Orleans Pelicans vs Minnesota Timberwolves - 26-34

Hall of Famer
    70 in a half to the t wolves ?..

Completely undisciplined. This is why people think the NBA is bad basketball.

This team refuses to play D.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

That's why im not buying the having one of the easiest schedule remaining gives us the 8th seed for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Brandon Ingram might be the worst defensive player in the entire league.

He is absolutely HORRIBLE.
    I don't think he's the worst in the league.

But he's definitely one of the worst among people who actually get minutes. He's close to that KAT/Beal/Trae tier of garbage defenders. Not quite sure if he is in it or not, since he sometimes has moments, but I guess Trae has moments too; he had like 2 big blocks last night
    Basketball.

Halftime Starter Stats, we're down 72-68

Zion: 13pts, 4rbds, 2asts, 3stls, 1blk. 6/11 shooting (54.5)
    Ingram: 8pts, 3rbds, 2sts. 3/7 shooting (42.9%)
    Jrue:17pts, 4rbds, 5asts. 7/11 shooting (63.6%)
    Favors: 6pts, 3rbds. 3/3 shooting
    Lonzo: 9pts, 1rbd, 5asts. 3/5 shooting (60%)

Did We give up 44 points in the 2 quarter to the Minnesota Timberwolves? What a JOKE!

Is anyone surprised by this still? They've been doing this ****

When the one guy blames Frank for getting playing time, but won’t say that Gentry is the problem. Fool, who do you think is giving a Frank them minutes?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't think he's the worst in the league.

But he's definitely one of the worst among people who actually get minutes. He's close to that KAT/Beal/Trae tier of garbage defenders. Not quite sure if he is in it or not, since he sometimes has moments, but I guess Trae has moments too; he had like 2 big blocks last night
    Dude has a 7'3" wingspan. And despite that huge advantage he is worse than Carmelo Anthony at defense. I don't even know what he is trying to do sometimes.

This guy deserves a max contract? DAE, what are his defensive metrics for the season?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The other day someone said our loss to the Lakers was pathetic. That first half, if it turned into a loss, THAT would be pathetic.

Thankfully, what it took to make our team into a winner was me picking up my dog from PetSmart. Guess we have a Victory Spaniel on our side.

Dude has a 7'3" wingspan. And despite that huge advantage he is worse than Carmelo Anthony at defense. I don't even know what he is trying to do sometimes.

This guy deserves a max contract? DAE, what are his defensive metrics for the season?
    YES. We are giving him a max. Unless there's a better option. Not one who just plays better defense a BETTER OPTION, that's exactly what we should do.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Stop rushing so much.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    YES. We are giving him a max. Unless there's a better option. Not one who just plays better defense a BETTER OPTION, that's exactly what we should do.
    I think he is our best option as of now, but dayum he is so slow footed and confused on defense.

The Franchise
    On-ball Ingram is actually doing well.. Off-ball needs improvement. From a defensive standpoint.

He's getting max, whether some of you like it or not lol..

Defensive metrics aren't *quite* as good as offensive ones at capturing value, so just keep that in mind, but here's how they are right now.

DBPM:-0.4
    STL%: 1.3%
    BLK%: 1.6%
    DRPM: -0.37
    D-PIPM:-0.77

I think what's important to remember is that wingspan isn't everything. Ingram is very thin, with long legs and high hips. His lack of strength in his frame, combined with that high centre of gravity, means that he's pretty easy to move from his spot and his balance isn't great, and the long legs combined with poor hip mobility means that he generally has a nightmare navigating screens. His length can't compensate for that, much of the time.

Edit: I just want to add, this isn't me agreeing or disagreeing about Ingram being worth a max or whatever. I'm literally just answering the question about the metrics

The Franchise
    Ingram really needs to learn how to pass "on target"..

One thing I'll note is that it's pretty clear that Gentry is trying to control minutes a little bit. There's a back to back, so obviously that makes sense to some degree.

I think he is our best option as of now, but dayum he is so slow footed and confused on defense.
    Agreed. There's things I don't like. But I would MUCH rather have Ingram than depending on players like friggin' Dante Cunningham or Kenrich Williams or Bryce Dejean-Jones (RIP) for any kind of production at wing.

Dreadful turnover from Hart.

Hall of Famer
    Winning number first team to 140

Good hustle from Melli there

Lonzo throws it away but steals it back

Up 1 point going into the 4th.

Dallas is the harder game; this is the one we have to take. Play guys minutes tonight, even if it means sacrificing tomorrow. Dallas is an expected loss anyway. Gotta beat the Wolves.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Easy layups for them everytime the get the damn ball.

Thread Information