Pelicans Report

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20

Thread: 1st March - New Orleans Pelicans VS Los Angeles Lakers - 26-33

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Between BI going 5-23 (21.7%), and the team shooting 7-32 from 3 (21.9%) it's not really surprising we lost. You can't shoot THAT badly against the Lakers and win.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    “I’ve got to do a better job of executing,” Ingram said after the loss. “I think I get so hyped up in these games, I tend to force some shots instead of letting the game come to me. I think they did a good job. We had some open shots, we just didn’t make them.”
    From Will Guillory in The Athletic.

Look, at least he knows it. The best thing to face a problem is by admitting your mistakes, and now he can work on bettering himself. Still 22 and was an All Star this year. He'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post

Look, at least he knows it. The best thing to face a problem is by admitting your mistakes, and now he can work on bettering himself. Still 22 and was an All Star this year. He'll be fine.
    He also have all off season to be healthy and get ready for next season. Still made a huge leap from his rookie and sophomore year. He just need to wirk on getting his core stronger.

Brandon Ingram is an easy max contract to move for
    A ransom.

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/s...263240705?s=21

How many points you think Zion scores if he’s given 50 shots and 30 FTAs?

It definitely sucks to lose to THEM, but at least you have someone like Ingram who stood up and said he should have been better. I'm sure he's beating himself up over it more than any of us could. I'm just glad he didn't go into a shell halfway through like some people. Just keep taking the open shots and they'll fall.

Not to mention there were a few times where Zion had some really bad turnovers when he was trying to make a move and the Lakers caught him. But like Ingram, he's young, and he's at least trying. It takes a longgggg time before you get your handles up like that. AD was the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/s...263240705?s=21

How many points you think Zion scores if he’s given 50 shots and 30 FTAs?
    Assuming normal efficiency from Zion? 80 ish.

Edit: just to clarify my reasoning here.

Zion takes 24.7FGAs and 13.7FTAs per 100 right now. So to get his results for 50FGAs and 30FTAs you can pretty much just double his per 100 stats.

Right now, per 100, he's averaging 38.7 points. So double it; 77.4. Getting up to about 80 seems reasonable if he took that many shots.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 03-02-2020 at 05:16 PM.
    Basketball.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post

Yeah, and I actually agree with Ingram. I think that in games where he's struggling to make shots, he sometimes does start trying to force more. Kind of like he's trying to shoot himself back into the game, rather than adjusting and playing within the flow of the offense.

I checked this a while ago, so it may no longer be exactly accurate, but I think at one point he had only 10 games where he'd taken at least 23 shots, and in those games his averages were dramatically under his season averages. Something like 43%FG and 35% from 3, rather than his normal 48%FG and 39% from 3. That is; there's some correlation between Ingram shooting badly, and shooting a lot

But if he understands that, and recognises that, it's something he can work on. I'm really glad to hear that kind of awareness from him.

Ingram needs to shoot 20+ shots per game. He is a scorer and has the talent to shoot that much.

He just needs to start making those shots. Jordan was similar in his younger days trying to get past Detroit. Kobe wasn't always the most efficient shooter either.

It's just a natural progression.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Ingram needs to shoot 20+ shots per game. He is a scorer and has the talent to shoot that much.

He just needs to start making those shots. Jordan was similar in his younger days trying to get past Detroit. Kobe wasn't always the most efficient shooter either.

It's just a natural progression.
    And if it's within the flow of the offense and he's just getting all these shots by playing hard and moving off ball or beating his man on drives, then he can take 20 shots and nobody cares. The issue comes when he's forcing shots, missing them, and then taking more bad shots to compensate for the fact that he's missing them. Even he admitted it's a problem he's had from time to time.

For what it's worth, Jordan took a lot of shots but much of it was within the offense. When I've gone back and watched old Jordan games, something that sticks out to me (that I don't think people talk about enough) is actually how much work he did off the ball. He was a fantastic off-ball player, and that helped him take a bunch of shots without it actually unbalancing the offense that much.

Thread Information