Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: 1st March - New Orleans Pelicans VS Los Angeles Lakers - 26-33

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Zion might have. a better shot than ingram, but he doesnt have the experience to trouble lebron
    You're probably right but with each possession on him he only gets closer to giving him trouble. With that being said I don't think he'd abuse Zion.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    One possession..

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    WoHhh... Dude is averaging 42% FG as a 7 ft center. Atleast finally average more 7 rebs... At 7.7..That's dreadful
    lol you obviously did not watch his last 3 games. 38/13reb 5blk , 25/13reb , 28/12reb

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    He's 22.. and with his averages he's been fairly consistent. We can agree to disagree.
    Ditto that.

You know who else is 22? Frank Jackson
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The Franchise
    I say we win this game, and compete against the Lakers in the first round of the play-offs if this team was coached by Popovich.. I would feel good about this squad having a chance of winning as well.

lol you obviously did not watch his last 3 games. 38/13reb 5blk , 25/13reb , 28/12reb
    That makes his stateline worse... He's been pretty bad majority of the year.

I understand the fact that Ingram is Slim but in contrast lebron is not even bothered by Hart or holiday's defense so far. He just ISO and get what he wants or makes the pass out of the double. With Ingram at least he may go to the fade away a little more. Or if he drives, now Zion or favors can be a factor on help defense. You gotta live with him making tough shots rather than spinning off smaller players for layups.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    That makes his stateline worse... He's been pretty bad majority of the year.
    lol dude he averaged 30 and 12 last month what are you smoking he just came back from major injury.

What do y’all think about doing a sign and trade with BI?

Maybe for Beal?

And then trade Jrue for vet wing that can guard the Lebron’s of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Ingram isnt a big game player. Shines when the light is dull

Although still young
    Umm, in the last matchup that was more hyped up than this one, he was 12-20 with 34 points. Had 7 turnovers but so did Lebron.

I think we're selling Zion short on defense.. I could be wrong but I think he can handle Bron. Ingram does a solid job though. But Zion just needs to be given the opportunity.
    I like Zion on Davis more because Davis seems to not like to be physical, so he resorts to shooting jumpers when defenders get physical with him

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post

Maybe for Beal?

I was going to ask this

But beal isnt going to help on defense so I passed.

And not sure jrue is going to get that player of equal value

Quote Originally Posted by seriousaint73 View Post
    I understand the fact that Ingram is Slim but in contrast lebron is not even bothered by Hart or holiday's defense so far. He just ISO and get what he wants or makes the pass out of the double. With Ingram at least he may go to the fade away a little more. Or if he drives, now Zion or favors can be a factor on help defense. You gotta live with him making tough shots rather than spinning off smaller players for layups.
    Ingram still got skyhigh potential. He just got to put in the work. Hopefully, at season end. We get an idea what Ingram wants to do with a HEALTHY offseason..

Maybe for Beal?

In a heartbeat...Beal is the real deal. Ingram still needs more time before you make him the face of your franchise.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousaint73 View Post
    I like Zion on Davis more because Davis seems to not like to be physical, so he resorts to shooting jumpers when defenders get physical with him
    I agree, I just meant this game since AD was out.. you're right though.
    Last edited by Nichols; 03-01-2020 at 10:22 PM.

lol dude he averaged 30 and 12 last month what are you smoking he just came back from major injury.
    It's possible for him to both have a good last month, and have been bad most of the year.

Porzingis in February: 9 games played. 25.3 points, 10.6 rebounds, 2.3 assists, 1.8 blocks. 48.3/39.8/88.1 splits.
    Porzingis before that: 37 games played. 17.2 points, 9.0 rebounds, 1.4 assists, 1.9 blocks. 40.4/33.9/74.1 splits.

He had a really good February. He had a not-that-good rest of the year before that.
    Basketball.

Maybe for Beal?

I don't think I'd do that. Beal's more expensive (30% max), older, and somehow worse on defense. And the whole ''trade Jrue for a vet wing'' idea is a trade-off in two ways. Improves your wing defense, makes you much worse on D at the guard position. Drastically worse

I'd do a S&T for Ingram for Tatum tho lol

Hall of Famer
    Okoro is honestly a bigger marcus smart coming out of college

Make it happen griffen

In a heartbeat...Beal is the real deal. Ingram still needs more time before you make him the face of your franchise.
    Not in a heartbeat. Thats an unbalanced trade since Ingram is a forward and Beal in a guard. What do you do with the army of guards already here then? What massive hole do you now have at F?

Pump the brakes people. This is literally Ingram's worst game in several months.

And unfortunately the whole team looked confused and out of sorts when things got tight in the 4th. All they seemed to know to do was get the ball and take off like a chicken. Feathers flying in their wake.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't think I'd do that. Beal's more expensive (30% max), older, and somehow worse on defense. And the whole ''trade Jrue for a vet wing'' idea is a trade-off in two ways. Improves your wing defense, makes you much worse on D at the guard position. Drastically worse

I'd do a S&T for Ingram for Tatum tho lol
    No chance of that happening.. Celtics wouldn't even include Tatum for AD.. For the record I'd trade Tatum for AD..

No chance of that happening.. Celtics wouldn't even include Tatum for AD.. For the record I'd trade Tatum for AD..
    I know they wouldn't do it I'm just saying I would. Pigs can fly tho, right?

The Franchise
    I know they wouldn't do it I'm just saying I would. Pigs can fly tho, right?
    Curious, would you trade Tatum for AD?

It's possible for him to both have a good last month, and have been bad most of the year.

Porzingis in February: 9 games played. 25.3 points, 10.6 rebounds, 2.3 assists, 1.8 blocks. 48.3/39.8/88.1 splits.
    Porzingis before that: 37 games played. 17.2 points, 9.0 rebounds, 1.4 assists, 1.9 blocks. 40.4/33.9/74.1 splits.

He had a really good February. He had a not-that-good rest of the year before that.
    Yeah but where did I say he has been balling all year? Notice I said last three games . The other guy thought I meant all year. So idk where u coming from.

Basketball Guru
    i counted 12pts scored by lebron when ingram was guarding him.....8 in the 1st half..two 3s and a 2...one was that long 3 after that zion dunk........lebron scored 4pts in the 2nd half on ingram....2 on a pick n roll...and 2pts on a foul that ingram made him work hard to get.....ingram played lebron good plus lebron had most of his assists when ingram was guarding him because lebron was deferring alot to kuzma and howard as those 2 were doing pick n roll scoring off of lebron......

we loss the game when lebron played bully ball against jrue and hart......

this team dont have the killer in them yet but its coming.....

Thread Information