Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: 1st March - New Orleans Pelicans VS Los Angeles Lakers - 26-33

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    What he thinks he's saying is he's done poorly in national televised marquee matchup games. And he has more than he hasn't.

To act like Ingram is a problem and imply he's not worth retaining is ludicrous. First decent SF we've had in over a decade? We're keeping him until a better option presents itself.
    There's truth in that.. he's put together some stinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    5-23 1-9 BI thats why Lebron got rid of you for AD
    Reason we lost = No one could hit shots other than Zion inside the paint and we have no wing defenders with size to defend LeBron who shows up to play when Zion is in the building.

Hall of Famer
    I'd personally sit zion v athe Timberwolves much easier game

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Oh you and me are of one accord here. Alvin Gentry needs to be relocated to a purely strategy and overseeing position. When his offense works the first 80% of the game, it's glorious and fun. But he isn't a game manager. His after time outs plays suck doodle, and I think there's something to be said for a new face calling the shots.
    It’s very frustrating. Especially for someone like me that travels to see this team and things of the sort. I just know they can do better than this.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    He played poorly last game against the Lakers...dude doesn't see the floor like he should. He still seems to be in competition with Zion. Being 22 yrs old is not an excuse...he's been in the league enough years to develop.
    Have you been paying attention boss??? He had a really good game in their last match-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Actually a lot of Laker fans couldn't wait to get rid of Zo, thought he was too passive, and he couldn't shoot while he played with the Lakers. He's playing better here though.
    Maybe that's the case: go on Twitter and check out Mason Ginsberg or Shamit Dua's mentions. You will find hordes of Lonzo stan accounts who are absolutely dedicated to the idea that he is a minor deity
    Basketball.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Gentry isnt the reason nobody can defend lebron
    That’s very true. He is the reason the Pels did a ton of Iso in the fourth.

There's truth in that.. he's put together some stinkers.
    Ditto that! We need guys that can elevate their level of play consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Back to back
    he has to play its national televised lol

nba would prolly fine us too

Have you been paying attention boss??? He had a really good game in their last match-up.
    Yep 34pts and 14TO's. Ratio bad for a player. TOs counteract all the good in scoring.

Hall of Famer
    he has to play its national televised lol
    No way he cna sit against luka. If anything sit against minnesota, no towns should be a win at home

The Franchise
    He's 22.. and with his averages he's been fairly consistent. We can agree to disagree.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I wish we had that spark plug who can just get hot and start wetting big shots.

Hall of Famer
    Lakers fans lurking here lol

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Maybe that's the case: go on Twitter and check out Mason Ginsberg or Shamit Dua's mentions. You will find hordes of Lonzo stan accounts who are absolutely dedicated to the idea that he is a minor deity
    I believe it lol.. His dad talked him up really good. Got him picked over Tatum in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    No way he cna sit against luka. If anything sit against minnesota, no towns should be a win at home
    Porzingis been ballin too

Wild fact, the Pels are 4-10 vs playoff teams since 1/1/2020.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

To have any shot Vs the Lakers, Ingram has to step up to the challenge defensively and guard lebron james. You have to live with LeBron hitting shots over his height. As a result you will not have to double. I know they want to save him for offense but that's where jrue needs to show and be more aggressive.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Wild fact, the Pels are 4-10 vs playoff teams since 1/1/2020.
    Not surprised ,

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousaint73 View Post
    To have any shot Vs the Lakers, Ingram has to step up to the challenge defensively and guard lebron james. You have to live with LeBron hitting shots over his height. As a result you will not have to double. I know they want to save him for offense but that's where jrue needs to show and be more aggressive.
    He doesnt need to hit shots over him. Lebron isnt dumb he will just over power him. Ingram is a twig

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Go on to Ginsberg and Shamits twitter accounts and you will see them blaming Frank’s 4 minutes as a key to our loss. Hell, they blame Frank for anything that doesn’t go right.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousaint73 View Post
    I think we're selling Zion short on defense.. I could be wrong but I think he can handle Bron. Ingram does a solid job though. But Zion just needs to be given the opportunity.

I think we're selling Zion short on defense.. I could be wrong but I think he can handle Bron. Ingram does a solid job though. But Zion just needs to be given the opportunity.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y23Eizjk7AY

Hall of Famer
    Zion might have. a better shot than ingram, but he doesnt have the experience to trouble lebron

Porzingis been ballin too
    WoHhh... Dude is averaging 42% FG as a 7 ft center. Atleast finally average more 7 rebs... At 7.7..That's dreadful

Thread Information