Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st March - New Orleans Pelicans VS Los Angeles Lakers - 26-33

Pelicans 1st March - New Orleans Pelicans VS Los Angeles Lakers - 26-33

We're at home. Memphis won last night, as did San Antonio. Suns and Blazers lost. Mixed results.

This game is currently scheduled to start at 7pm CST

I don't want to talk too much about this game in advance. Our opponent is the Los Angeles Lakers, yet again. So far this season, we are 0-3 in games against them. In some of these games, like the first encounter, we've been relatively competitive. In some of them, the loss has been a bit more inevitable throughout the course of the game. Tonight, however, none of that matters; we don't have to win this game for our playoff hopes (although it would certainly help, given Memphis' victory over them last night) but it's a matter of pride. We don't want to get 4-0'd by the Lakers, of all teams. Gotta take one of them at home; the first one at home where Zion will be there for us.

The Lakers lost last night. This is the second night of a road back to back for them. Now, of course, that might not mean much for them; maybe they're just more energised than they were last night, or maybe my conspiracy theory that they threw the game because they prefer facing Memphis than us in the playoffs is true and as a result they come out firing tonight. Both are possible, at least on paper. But it may mean that they're a little tired, a little out of comfort from the plane ride, whereas our guys should be pretty ready to go.

Personally, I don't think it's worth posting stats since we played them last so recently and we're all very aware of them and their numbers. But all that I will say is that what's at stake in this game is pride; not the playoffs. If we lose, it'll hurt, but it's not the end of the world. They're a great team, and we don't walk into games against championship contenders as favourites; save that kind of attitude until next year.

For now, I just want us to play hard, play smart, and do our best to wrestle a win away here. #WBD.
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    im going to need ingram to take the lead as our all star and ask to guard lebron or gentry put him on lebron........of green play tonight,,,we jrue on green because green 3s imo has been the advantage that gave them the wins over us....

lonzo has to make up for his play in the last lakers game so expect lonzo to come out and put up 20pts....expect hart to put up 15....im going to need moore to get about 12....

we need to win this last game against them to have confidence going into the playoffs knowing we can beat them.....

If memphis can beat them with all those injuries we can too plus its a back to back for them and we are at home. AD is playing bad right now. No excuses to lose this one.

I noticed from the box that AD only played 25 minutes. LBJ played 34. Was AD limited, or did they just load manage him?

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    If memphis can beat them with all those injuries we can too plus its a back to back for them and we are at home. AD is playing bad right now. No excuses to lose this one.
    Lakers played Pelicans different. I mean they threw extra bodies at JJ Redick. During a regular season game. Threw extra bodies at a 6th/7th man. Thats a playoff strategy.

So if they go all out against the Pels but loaf all game against Memphis. Its like they are 2 different teams.

True and I guess they would rather play memphis than us in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I noticed from the box that AD only played 25 minutes. LBJ played 34. Was AD limited, or did they just load manage him?
    Davis hurt his knee.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    KW is available?
    We need his 6 fouls on Lebum.

Pat McAfee doing pre-game, Red Panda at halftime! ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Finally, Frank can get minutes. JJ doesn’t play a lick of defense and he subs in for Zion, which is so ridiculous. Maybe, Alvin can sub out a big for a big.

"finally, Frank can get minutes" is not a phrase I thought I'd be hearing today lol

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    "finally, Frank can get minutes" is not a phrase I thought I'd be hearing today lol
    Trying to remain positive here. Lol

I’m glad we can see more Frank. He gets a bad rep around here, but when he is playing he goes at it 100%.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I’m glad we can see more Frank. He gets a bad rep around here, but when he is playing he goes at it 100%.

My day according to Dae if Dae were tracking my day.

msu6 being my youngest.

With a total of 21 dry heaves today, msu6 is now 20th in total pukes by a toddler. She is 51 months old.

Here is every toddler ahead of her in total pukes, and how many months they've lived:

- Michael Porter Jr, 330 pukes; 109 months
    - Cam Johnson, 371 pukes; 115 months
    - Jaxson Hayes, 420 pukes; 124 months
    - Jordan Poole, 443 pukes; 142 months
    - Kevin Porter Jr, 467 pukes; 112 months
    - Terence Davis, 476 pukes; 108 months
    - Rui Hachimura, 487 pukes; 132 months
    - Jarrett Culver, 515 pukes; 154 months
    - Lebron James, 533 pukes; 118 months
    - Brandon Clarke, 602 pukes; 109 months
    - Tyler Herro, 603 points; 123 months
    - PJ Washington, 618 pukes; 107 months
    - RJ Barrett, 672 pukes; 116 months
    - Anthony The Fear Brow Davis, 706 pukes; 112 months

The fact that msu6 has lived 51 months and nobody who has more pukes than her has lived fewer than 107 (more the double!) is insane.

At her current rate of puking, it would take msu6 39 months to hit 931 pukes; that's 14 fewer months than it's taken Morant to get to 930, the current lead.

msu6 is averaging 23.4 pukes per month. Ja, the second highest puking toddler, is averaging 17.5. Pretty much +6ppm over the dude in 2nd place.

She's currently averaging 37 pukes per 100 meals. The number of toddlers in baby history to ever average 37 pukes per 100 meals (minimum 400 meals eaten, which is msu6's meals total so far):

- msu6
    - That's the list.

The previous record for toddler pukes per 100 was baby Michael Jordan, who puked at 35.5 per 100 as a kindergartner. Obviously, way more months lived, but still. msu6's rate is literally unprecedented. In fact, only Blake (30.7 per 100) and KAT (28.8 per 100) come within 10 pukes over the last 20 years.

Full list of toddlers to average at least 30 pukes per 100 meals since per100 stats began (1973-74): Michael Jordan, Walter Davis, David Robinson, Arvydas Sabonis, Shaquille O'Neal, Blake Griffin, Terry Cummings. That's it. The youngest baby in the list was Shaq, who was 62 months. msu6's 51 still. Now, in fairness, because it wasn't tracked before 1973-74, there are no per 100 numbers for things who were toddlers before that.

But enough about babies. Here's the list of every child since 1973-74 to puke at least 37 points per 100:

- Michael Jordan (x10)
    - Lebron James (x5)
    - Steph Curry
    - James Harden (x2)
    - Tracy McGrady
    - Kevin Durant (x3)
    - Karl Malone (x3)
    - David Robinson (x2)
    - Shaquille O'Neal (x2)
    - Dirk Nowitzki

That's it. That's every time anyone has ever averaged at least 37 pukes per 100 since per 100 stats began being tracked. Every single name on that list is either a Hall of Famer or a future Hall of Famer. 10 names, 9 of which won MVP awards at some point in their career.

msu6 is good at puking.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    My day according to Dae if Dae were tracking my day.

msu6 being my youngest.
    37 pukes per 100 meals seems remarkably conservative, for a baby.

Really puts things into perspective.

Mmmhm. No AD tonight.

Just like old times.

37 pukes per 100 meals seems remarkably conservative, for a baby.

Really puts things into perspective.
    My kids usually have strong stomachs. It's just been a rough weekend. Lol

And of utmost importance no Caruso.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Mmmhm. No AD tonight.
    No bald white guy either.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    No bald white guy either.
    So there is a chance

We need to start some chants tonight like Pacers fans did that got under his skin .

How the Lakers escape fines for Load management and the Timberwolves got a load management fine blows my mind.

Thread Information