Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BEAT L.A.! BEAT L.A.! BEAT A.D.! BEAT A.D !

BEAT L.A.! BEAT L.A.! BEAT A.D.! BEAT A.D !

Haven't been this excited about a regular season game in quite a while.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Yeah, it’s been a while. I’m up for this game like a Saints game vs Atlanta.

I don’t know if the Pels have a rivalry, but if we don’t I think the AD trade is tipping both franchises towards that conclusion.

And for the record I hope that we don’t give him a video tribute. Hell yeah we are petty, we are New Orleans.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Dont get your hopes up. It might not be what you think Sunday.

Lakers play tonight. So tomorrow:

Vogel load manages either AD, Lebron, or both. Plus Vogel might pull a Pop move and decides he doesnt want to give confidence to a potential 1st round matchup. So if the Pelicans win it wont be against a full strength Lakers.

or

Vogel does the opposite and load manages tonight, then goes all out like he did Tuesday with a playoff game type game plan again. He tries to crush the Pelicans confidence in a possible 1st round matchup.

I think he does the former.
    Last edited by luckyman; 02-29-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Our guys knows what at stake and i bet they would definitely aim for that win... it gives them that mental boost when they see them in the playoffs that they can beat these guys!

We need to not turnover the ball. If we can do that we have a real chance of beating these guys.

I think the X factor will be Melli. If he can have a string game we can beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Dont get your hopes up. It might not be what you think Sunday.

Lakers play tonight. So tomorrow:

Vogel load manages either AD, Lebron, or both. Plus Vogel might pull a Pop move and decides he doesnt want to give confidence to a potential 1st round matchup. So if the Pelicans win it wont be against a full strength Lakers.

or

Vogel does the opposite and load manages tonight, then goes all out like he did Tuesday with a playoff game type game plan again. He tries to crush the Pelicans confidence in a possible 1st round matchup.

I think he does the former.
    Don't care either way. However, I do believe that they would rather face Memphis in the 1st round because of our style of play. We'd wear them down, might even win a game or two.

The only person that can screw this up our HC. Certainly he won’t do that. Right?

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    We need to do 3 things:

1) Learn how to properly dribble the ball. Ingram and Lonzo are all over the map on this. Ingram looks out of control with his handle on almost every drive.
    2) Figure out how we are gonna guard LeBron. Last game was way too easy for him. We didn't even slow him down.
    3) Stop the dumb turnovers. I swear we literally threw 5 passes into the Staples Center crowd last game.

If we do these 3 things, and Gentry is on top of it with good rotations, we have a 51.999% (repeating of course) chance.

It’s certainly not impossible. We just need to make sure that we don’t resort to bad shots at the slightest hint of adversity. They took Reddick out of the game and we just started hoisting up bad shots. We avoid that and I can see us taking this one.

No way LBJ misses this game! Dude is gonna try to embarrass Zion/Zion's team till the day he retires.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Good news — LeBron and AD are starting tonight against the Grizz.

Lakers are playing terrible tonight and Grizzlies are playing great. I always hate playing a really good team the night after they stink.

I don't think the Lakers losing to the Grizz as of right now is a mistake. Maybe this is just the conspiracy theorist in me speaking, but I think they'd be quite happy to lose tonight if it helped keep the Grizz in the playoff race and made it more difficult for us.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't think the Lakers losing to the Grizz as of right now is a mistake. Maybe this is just the conspiracy theorist in me speaking, but I think they'd be quite happy to lose tonight if it helped keep the Grizz in the playoff race and made it more difficult for us.
    They dumb if they think the Grizz have a chance of the 8 over the Spurs or Port. They should probably lose against them too.

What an absolute joke! Another reason for me to HATE THE LAKERS!

I'd halfway believe it. It literally looks like they are throwing this game. Sloppy, terrible effort. I don't know if I've seen a good team play this badly the entire year.

They are also AWFUL when Lebron isn't in the game, but that isn't on purpose.

I bet that team wilts in the second round because they will badly lose the 8-12 minutes LeBron sits.

I want us to play hard and push but I hope we save any cool trick, strategy, or new matchup tweak for the postseason. They seem hellbent on trying to keep us out. It won't work. Schedule lightens up too much.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Welp. I had a feeling that was going to happen.

I like Dillon Brooks. The fact that Morris tried starting something with him makes me like him more.

I have a hard time believing this wasnt part of some strategy. I could see them getting spanked on the road by a team like Boston.

But Memphis is at like 75% power right now.

I swear Vogel better load manage tomorrow. Lakers are approaching Falcons level hatred with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    I'd halfway believe it. It literally looks like they are throwing this game. Sloppy, terrible effort. I don't know if I've seen a good team play this badly the entire year.

They are also AWFUL when Lebron isn't in the game, but that isn't on purpose.

I bet that team wilts in the second round because they will badly lose the 8-12 minutes LeBron sits.
    Makes you wonder looks like they didn't even care about losing that game.Not so with the Pels the Lakers don't want them to get that 8th spot.My guess is they come out like it's game 7 of the finals against the Pelicans Sunday night.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I have a hard time believing this wasnt part of some strategy. I could see them getting spanked on the road by a team like Boston.

But Memphis is at like 75% power right now.

I swear Vogel better load manage tomorrow. Lakers are approaching Falcons level hatred with this one.
    Yep they pretty much admitted in post game presser they threw the game.

While I am not one to believe most conspiracy theories, I can see a scenario in which the coach tells his stars that he doesn’t want them giving max effort in the first game of a back to back. They might have thought they could beat a wounded Memphis team with less than a full effort rather than utilizing load management for the two games. In any case, I believe the Lakers will be going full out to win tonight, so a Pelicans win would be especially sweet.

I didn’t see the postgame— what did they say?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Yep they pretty much admitted in post game presser they threw the game.
    For those who believe that 'Everyone deserves a voice'... I present you with Exhibit A for why that shouldn't be the case.

Maybe every intelligent person or every well intentioned person deserves a voice. But when you give dumb people a voice, they spread misinformation and it becomes the narrative of the uninformed

It is clear that many people in this thread didn't watch the game. Then this clown comes around and tells you all the Lakers admitted to throwing the game. Doing no further research, many of you will take this as truth and spread the narrative to others who did not watch the game.

And no, it's not the end of the world. It's not bots messing up our election. But it is the reason only the elite should have a voice. The others without knowledge of subjects should be allowed to ask questions, but only the elite should be able to answer them and distill info.

13-3 should be muzzled for the good of Pelicans society
    @mcnamara247

Haha. This is my fault, fam. I invoked MM's name yesterday when talking about failed sports writers and forgot to first make the circle of salt.

Thread Information