Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 28th February - New Orleans Pelicans VS Cleveland Cavaliers - 25-33

Pelicans 28th February - New Orleans Pelicans VS Cleveland Cavaliers - 25-33

Welcome back to game day! We lost last time out, but it's no huge surprise; we were on the road against a really good team. It still sucks and is frustrating; the vast majority of the team played poorly, starters and bench, and even the players who did well (Ingram and Zion) didn't have their best showings in certain ways. But that's over; we move on. Tonight we take on the Cleveland Cavaliers at home in New Orleans.

TIP OFF IS CURRENTLY LISTED AS 7PM CST

Injury Report: It's currently the same as it's been for ages now. Kenrich and Miller are no-gos, everyone else is full fire. I didn't include the link because it takes up a lot of space in the OP, and I wanted to leave a bit of room for this update regarding the Cavs injury report.

I don't want to give too much information on the Cavs in general because they've had some big changes with regards to both roster and coaching staff. It's not too helpful for me to give their season stats when there's so much that's different.

That said, I will discuss their last few games a little bit. Despite being terrible overall, the Cavs have won 4 of their last 5 games. Two of them make sense; Hawks and Wizards. Bad teams beating bad teams. But their last 2 wins were against Miami and Philadelphia, and while neither of those teams are the top teams in the league like LAL, LAC, or MIL, they are both solid playoff teams. So this isn't the kind of game where we should walk in and expect the Cavaliers to just lay down for us.

That said, we shouldn't need them to lay down, because this team is good enough, if they're playing properly. They shouldn't need to lay down because we should put them down. We are capable; so that's what we should do. With only Tristan Thompson on the inside, who is also undersized, Zion should be able to just annihilate the basket all night.

So let's go. #WBD.
    Basketball.

Gentry said that Kenrich went through a full workout.
    Did he come up sore?

We need this game badly. Portland faltered last night and Memphis is hurt. Winning tonight would put us in sole possession of 9th and breathing down Memphis's backside.

Hopefully the boys take care of buisness tonight.

This game is a MUST win for us!

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Gentry said that Kenrich went through a full workout.
    Did he come up sore?
    No idea. It's possible, and it's also possible that they're just taking it slow. Or maybe he'll be available to play but the decision wasn't made in time before the injury report got put out. It's all very up in the air.

Let's say he were healthy, what would he be seeing, anyways? I just don't see him taking minutes from the starters, Hart, Melli, or JJ. So in the last few games Moore has gotten like 8 mins.....would Kenrich get some minutes over Moore? I dunno. Depends on if we are needing vet smoothness or Kenny Hustle, I suppose.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Let's say he were healthy, what would he be seeing, anyways? I just don't see him taking minutes from the starters, Hart, Melli, or JJ. So in the last few games Moore has gotten like 8 mins.....would Kenrich get some minutes over Moore? I dunno. Depends on if we are needing vet smoothness or Kenny Hustle, I suppose.
    Yeah I think he's a situational guy. Some games he will play, other games he'll ride the pine, all depending on what the moment calls for and the matchups we have.

Well, that's certainly a choice.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Do we know if we are getting FRO JRUE or bad Jrue tonight?

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Well, that's certainly a choice.
    He's such a Beast that his shoes have fur.

If Zion scores 20 tonight, his 10 straight games of at least 20 points would tie Donovan Mitchell and Joel Embiid for the longest such rookie scoring streaks since 2013.

If he scores 25 or more, it will be his 6th game of at least 25 in a row; this will be the all-time longest such scoring streak for a teenager.

what a pass

Lonzo to Zion in transition

Zion just puts Tristan Thompson on his heels and scores with ease.

Should be all night.

Another near full court transition pass from Lonzo to Zion.

Cavs cannot guard that right now

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We are legit looking like a half of hte playoff seeding team at moments. Just give this team experience and we're dangerous.

Ingram misses the shot, Favors taps the offensive board to Zion, another bucket.

Zion has 8 points on 4/4 shooting so far.

Lonzo to Jrue in transition here.

He's got his outlet passing on point right now

Great sequence, Ingram doing his best to stay on Porter (not doing a great job of it but the effort was there), then Zion gets the steal, pass to Jrue who finishes in transition. Nice.

Jrue to Zion

Jrue strips Sexton but in transition, Ingram makes a great pass to Lonzo. Lonzo, within 3 feet of the basket, chooses to pass out rather than finish it and throws it away.

Lonzo. YOU ARE ALLOWED. TO MAKE BASKETS. AT THE RIM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Jesus Christ. I hate this feeling. Zion goes up and I don't get excited. I see him come down with one leg aiming straight down and I cringe in fear.

Sexton just died on a Thompson screen.

Yes, his own screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Jesus Christ. I hate this feeling. Zion goes up and I don't get excited. I see him come down with one leg aiming straight down and I cringe in fear.
    Yeah that charge was well outside the circle. Those are always dangerous looking moments.

Thread Information