Pelicans Report

Thread: Yikes look at Josh Hart

Hall of Famer

Yikes look at Josh Hart

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9CrtQWg6Hb/ This is a bad look for josh, hes getting torched in the comments. Would be nice to get some type of revenge on this team

Josh has a better hair line.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Josh has a better hair line.
    Lebron’s hairline is the 2nd best comeback since Jesus.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

People are just mean.

So everyone's going to pretend like this didn't happen?

Deportation to G - League for allowing that. Learn better defense. Never would happen to NAW.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 02-27-2020 at 12:59 PM.

Am I the only one who doesn't really care about this stuff?
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    To be fair it's the not first sorta embarrassing thing to happen to Josh. He'll be fine. And he's rich.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't really care about this stuff?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Nope.
    Okay good.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'd care more like 10 years ago. Now I'm just annoyed we lost and anxious to play our next game.

I remember a while back there was a player named Shawn Bradley. He was a 7'6" white guy who's main NBA skill was blocking shots. However, he got dunked on quite a bit. The NBA highlight shows used to love running highlights of him getting dunked on, because I guess he was 7'6" and it looked pretty cool when he got dunked on. The commentators started treating him like a running joke. Finally, Charles Barkley of all people stood up for him, basically saying at least he's making an effort to contest shots including dunks and not running out of the way to avoid getting "posterized".

That's how I feel about the NBA today. So many players don't want to be embarrassed on ESPN or wherever, they'd sooner run out of the building rather than get caught being anywhere near being dunked on, especially if it's someone like Lebron. It's only worse now with social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    I remember a while back there was a player named Shawn Bradley. He was a 7'6" white guy who's main NBA skill was blocking shots. However, he got dunked on quite a bit. The NBA highlight shows used to love running highlights of him getting dunked on, because I guess he was 7'6" and it looked pretty cool when he got dunked on. The commentators started treating him like a running joke. Finally, Charles Barkley of all people stood up for him, basically saying at least he's making an effort to contest shots including dunks and not running out of the way to avoid getting "posterized".

That's how I feel about the NBA today. So many players don't want to be embarrassed on ESPN or wherever, they'd sooner run out of the building rather than get caught being anywhere near being dunked on, especially if it's someone like Lebron. It's only worse now with social media.
    Completely agree.

The thing about Shawn Bradley is exactly what Chuck said: he got dunked on a lot, because he contested shots at the rim a lot. He averaged over 3 blocks a game for 6 straight seasons, and at least 2 blocks a game for another 3. He played fewer than 850 games and retired with 2119 blocks; good for 17th all time. By comparison, the guy just ahead of him (Dwight Howard) has 2124 blocks, but has played in 1100 games. Nearly 300 more games for only 5 more total blocks.

Shawn Bradley's 2.55 blocks per game for his career is 9th most all time.

What do people remember? Him getting dunked on. Why was he getting dunked on all the time? Because he was doing his job and trying to protect the rim. He did a pretty good job of that. The issue is just that good offense almost always beats good defense, so if you play defense you're going to get burned sometimes. I get that we all love the spectacle of someone getting dunked on, but I'm never going to mock someone for trying to actually play defense.

embarrassing.. what was josh thinking if you see lebron with a full head of steam get out the way. He will be known as the guy who had Brons nuts in his face. He really cant come back from this. To top it off Bron is out the next game due to a groin injury and we know how he got that smh

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    embarrassing.. what was josh thinking if you see lebron with a full head of steam get out the way. He will be known as the guy who had Brons nuts in his face. He really cant come back from this. To top it off Bron is out the next game due to a groin injury and we know how he got that smh
    He won't be known as that. Nobody will care in two weeks. Nobody should care except maybe Hart himself. Lebron has been dealing with groin injury issues since over a year ago, and it's no surprise that he'd decide to take a rest game against the Warriors, who are the best chance LA has to get a win without him.

Honestly, can't say there's much I'd rather not see a player doing more than deciding ''oh wow, this guy is probably going to score, best not try to play defense''. If that's your attitude and you're willing to quit on plays like that, just stay on the bench.

He won't be known as that. Nobody will care in two weeks. Nobody should care except maybe Hart himself. Lebron has been dealing with groin injury issues since over a year ago, and it's no surprise that he'd decide to take a rest game against the Warriors, who are the best chance LA has to get a win without him.

Honestly, can't say there's much I'd rather not see a player doing more than deciding ''oh wow, this guy is probably going to score, best not try to play defense''. If that's your attitude and you're willing to quit on plays like that, just stay on the bench.
    Wolves just got fined for resting DLo I doubt this is a rest game. He aggravated his groin in joshs face. When was the last game Bron missed? I mean cmon he just played GS on Feb 8. I love joshs game too but that was a major L he is being clowned all over social media. Even Rihanna clowned him
    Last edited by PelicanNation; 02-27-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    Wolves just got fined for resting DLo I doubt this is a rest game. He aggravated his groin in joshs face. When was the last game Bron missed? I mean cmon he just played GS on Feb 8. I love joshs game too but that was a major L he is being clowned all over social media. Even Rhianna clowned him
    Oh no. Rihanna clowned him.

Whatever shall the multi-millionaire do?

Nobody will care in two weeks.
    I tend to agree with you, but I do remember Buddy Hield as the guy that grabbed Boogie's junk. And it had everything to do with AD posting a picture of Buddy asleep on the plane with his hand down his pants and the caption "still grabbing +++++."

And Lebron is the one that has groin issues again. LOL. Not playing vs GS and questionable Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by boardtown View Post
    I tend to agree with you, but I do remember Buddy Hield as the guy that grabbed Boogie's junk. And it had everything to do with AD posting a picture of Buddy asleep on the plane with his hand down his pants and the caption "still grabbing +++++."
    See, that's the thing; I didn't even remember that until I saw you mention it. I'd wager that a huge chunk of the NBA-watching population wouldn't either, until someone brings it up and stokes their memory. It's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    And Lebron is the one that has groin issues again. LOL. Not playing vs GS and questionable Sunday.
    Trying to humiliate Josh backfired Karma is something.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Pretty sure it was rest.

That pic is just a bad angle. Look at the replay it wasn't even that close .

Meh, still not as bad as Jason Terry in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Pretty sure it was rest.
    Would it be trolling if they rested both James & Davis on load management injuries vs Memphis Saturday?

Thread Information