Pelicans Report

Thread: Hayes!!!

Hayes!!!

My thing is this he needs learn from games like this, same as Zion. Hayes is hopefully our future 5, he needs to touch the floor every game. At this stage of the season he should be in rotation by now. Even with losses there's much to gain from it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    My thing is this he needs learn from games like this, same as Zion. Hayes is hopefully our future 5, he needs to touch the floor every game. At this stage of the season he should be in rotation by now. Even with losses there's much to gain from it.
    I thoroughly agree; that's precisely why he should have spent the year in Erie, Pennsylvania 'leaning how to play the game'. Despite his apparent, superhuman, physical skills, his basketball IQ can be measured, in total, with the fingers on my left hand. As I've stated time and time again, # 10 is as green as the grass at Pebble Beach. No rookie in the new Millennia has entered the NBA with less basketball experience than the eighth overall pick of the 2019 NBA Draft.

As far as playing last night against the Lakers, the guy would have been exploited like the proverbial fish in a barrel. To his credit (I'm no Gentry fan), the coach turned to the seldom-used Okafor when Favors fell in disfavor with the officiating. Tell me; who would # 10 have guarded had he played? Davis? McGee? Howard? Kuzma? James? There is something to be said about the Pelican turn around at mid-year and the reduction of minutes for our 'other' 19 year old phenom. His ceiling is frightfully high , but at this this point in his NBA development, #10's floor is woefully low.
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-26-2020 at 05:56 AM.

He is just way too raw right now especially with the playoff push in our minds... If he could at least rebound then i could at least see him get some minutes..but as of now the only thing he offers is a lob threat which we don't really have that much space with zion occupying down low.. Melli is basically zion and jaxson's right pairing when on the court.

Why not send him to the g league like they did NAW today?

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior88 View Post
    Why not send him to the g league like they did NAW today?
    My guess is because our depth at 5 is so much less than the logjam in the backcourt

Thread Information