Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: 25th February - New Orleans Pelicans @ Los Angeles Lakers - 25-32

The Franchise
    Let's all think about what Zion is able to do on the court against top notch interior defense while he's still not in game shape.. While he's still just a rookie.. Encouraging, in spite of a not so perfect performance.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Didn't say he had a bad game just he needs not turn the ball over. 7 turnovers = 14 - 21 pts lost. Subtract that from his output of 34.
    Did all of his 7 turnovers equate to points for LA?

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    The Pels get atleast 6-8 turnovers a game from passing the ball without having a clue if the person is going to be looking. That’s what freelancing does to a player like Zo.

LOOK! It’s a bird.... it’s a plane.....

Nope... it’s Just Jrue sucking again in a big game with 11pts and 4 TO.

ON 5 OF 19 SHOOTING!!!!

Should of traded him when we had the chance!!

The fact that people here continue to defend him when it’s the same story over and over is plain sad!

Am I the only one who thinks that Frank Jackson should be getting playing time?

When are we getting a like button on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Don't know but momentum comes into play if you look at it that way. That's when they made their run to go ahead for good...off of a turnover and we never recovered

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    The Pels get atleast 6-8 turnovers a game from passing the ball without having a clue if the person is going to be looking. That’s what freelancing does to a player like Zo.
    New coach thread has been bumped

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Nope. He should play all day over Moore and sometimes over JJ. Frank is a much better on ball defender. I think he would have been good against Caruso.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post

ON 5 OF 19 SHOOTING!!!!

The fact that people here continue to defend him when it’s the same story over and over is plain sad!
    Chris Paul was never on the table. The point of a making moves is to get BETTER. The main reason to defend Jrue is because we have no other better options. Which isn't sad. It's practical.

Let me check

Edit: No
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 02-26-2020 at 12:09 AM.
    Basketball.

Yes?

He is statistically one of the worst players in the NBA in plus-minus and impact metrics. He is occasionally okay but mostly a losing player at this point.
    Last edited by Biasvasospasm; 02-26-2020 at 12:07 AM.

Nope. He should play all day over Moore and sometimes over JJ. Frank is a much better on ball defender. I think he would have been good against Caruso.
    I can almost guarantee you that Danny Green would not have been five of nine from 3.

I thought Frank and Jax should have gotten minutes over Okafor and JJ (who was cold)

If Jax became deadly from 3, he'd always have a case to be on the court. Ugh I wish we could morph Melli and Jax into one person haha

ON 5 OF 19 SHOOTING!!!!

When are we going to start acknowledging this pattern? Oh i know. Never. Because he has his hands on the ball way more times than he should and gets advanced statistics due to usage.

If i use the slot machine more times than the other guy than i am not less dumb if i lose because i had more tries and therefore decreased my odds of winning statistically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Chris Paul was never on the table. The point of a making moves is to get BETTER. The main reason to defend Jrue is because we have no other better options. Which isn't sad. It's practical.
    I wouldn’t of wanted Paul in the first place.

We’re not ready to win this season. I would of taken a young player and a draft pick for Jrue. I don’t think the Pels ever shopped him seriously... which will prove to be a mistake and missed opportunity l.

Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    I thought Frank and Jax should have gotten minutes over Okafor and JJ (who was cold)
    JJ had nothing whatsoever to offer tonight. The Lakers know that all he can do is shoot so they hounded him and then abused him on the other end.

Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post

If Jax became deadly from 3, he'd always have a case to be on the court. Ugh I wish we could morph Melli and Jax into one person haha
    JAX would have been red meat tonight for the Lakers. There is no one on that team he can guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    When are we going to start acknowledging this pattern? Oh i know. Never. Because he has his hands on the ball way more times than he should and gets advanced statistics due to usage.

If i use the slot machine more times than the other guy than i am not less dumb if i lose because i had more tries and therefore decreased my odds of winning statistically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pattern is in plain sight. He killed two runs tonight all by himself. People hold on to past memories of Jrue.

The only way he would be of value to us at this point is if he were a clutch player/closer. Both of which he is def not! Which is exactly why we should of traded him. It will be BI and Zions job to close in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Let me check
    Don't bother.
    I didn't watch the game, but IMO this team needs a 3/4 who can guard the larger SF's.
    I know its hard to guard Lebron, but as bad as Cunningham was he did a decent job on Lebron and the bigger/physical SF's

Don't bother.
    I didn't watch the game, but IMO this team needs a 3/4 who can guard the larger SF's.
    I know its hard to guard Lebron, but as bad as Cunningham was he did a decent job on Lebron and the bigger/physical SF's
    I would trade Jrue to Toronto for OG in a second.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I wouldn’t of wanted Paul in the first place.

We’re not ready to win this season. I would of taken a young player and a draft pick for Jrue. I don’t think the Pels ever shopped him seriously... which will prove to be a mistake and missed opportunity l.
    I don't see how. Book is known on Jrue. Nothing he does between now and the end of the season will suddenly change his trade value, far as playing on the court goes.

We stand to see a push to get him from us depending on a few things. Not a great free agent market could mean we see a few near contenders want to make a move.

No reason why they can draft a guy like this in this draft or next.

I would do that in a heartbeat! I’m sure if the Pels wanted to they could of made a trade happen.

No reason why they can draft a guy like this in this draft or next.

Have you watch OG?!? He’s really good and has length. You can’t just pick that up in the draft. You can try but you can get a sure thing via trade.

Thread Information