Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: 25th February - New Orleans Pelicans @ Los Angeles Lakers - 25-32

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I don't see how. Book is known on Jrue. Nothing he does between now and the end of the season will suddenly change his trade value, far as playing on the court goes.

We stand to see a push to get him from us depending on a few things. Not a great free agent market could mean we see a few near contenders want to make a move.
    I hope you’re right. Will be interesting to see the plans for next season depending on how this season turns out.

Got out coached again. Lakers had a playoff type gameplan. Pelicans looked like this was just another game.

Redick looked completely unprepared to be double teamed.

And the lazy passes continue. Its as if it is not a point of emphasis in practice.

I'm also tired of this excuse that Jrue has to guard the other teams best player. Thats no reason to go 5 - 19 on the other end.

I know nobody really cares after a loss but I do it every game, so yeah.

Advanced Stats for Tonight
    Minimum 15 minutes played

Best TS%: JJ Redick, 113.6%
    Worst TS%: Jrue Holiday, 29.8%
    Highest REB%:Redick, 13.9%
    Highest AST%: Lonzo, 38.1% (followed by Jrue at 34%)

Highest Net Rating: Redick, +26.1
    Lowest Net Rating: Josh Hart, -30

Most Deflections:Zion and Jrue, 2 each
    Most Screen Assists: Ingram, Zion, Favors, all with 1
    Most 2pt Contests: Zion, 6
    Most 3pt Contests: Jrue, 5
    Most Overall Contests: Jrue and Zion, with 8 total each
    Most Boxouts: Favors with 6
    Basketball.

We should move Jrue in the offseason. Let the team know that Zion and Ingram now run things.

It’s either ignorance or brilliance for Griffin depending on if he wanted to keep Jrue as the leader or knew what would happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you guys think about finding a way to get Jerami Grant?

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I know nobody really cares after a loss but I do it every game, so yeah.

Advanced Stats for Tonight
    Minimum 15 minutes played

Best TS%: JJ Redick, 113.6%
    Worst TS%: Jrue Holiday, 29.8%
    Highest REB%:Redick, 13.9%
    Highest AST%: Lonzo, 38.1% (followed by Jrue at 34%)

Highest Net Rating: Redick, +26.1
    Lowest Net Rating: Josh Hart, -30

Most Deflections:Zion and Jrue, 2 each
    Most Screen Assists: Ingram, Zion, Favors, all with 1
    Most 2pt Contests: Zion, 6
    Most 3pt Contests: Jrue, 5
    Most Overall Contests: Jrue and Zion, with 8 total each
    Most Boxouts: Favors with 6
    Preciate it..

Do you guys think we are doing a disservice to Zion by not having both Redick and Melli on the court with him against teams that can force the Pelicans to play in the half court set? Seems to me like we should have better spacing with the gravity that Zion commands.

The Lakers game plan was to make absolute damn sure that JJ Reddick never got going and it worked. It’s not often you see a defensive game plan hinge on keeping a role player quiet. They knew that sooner or later our guys would start forcing up shots as the pressure mounted on them. As good as some of our guys are, we don’t have our Durant or Lebron yet. The Lakers took advantage of that.

Gentry did nothing to counter it. We run a very basic screen for Redick all year long and we’ve gotten away with it because Redick only requires a small window to get his shot off. They defended Redick like you would in a playoff type of game. I always suspected these basic plays for Redick wouldn’t be as effective against a good defense in the playoffs and we saw first hand tonight how predictable it was and how easy it was for the Lakers to defend it.

Another Gentry special Jrue getting toasted repeatedly by LeBron I give the Lakers credit they played some awesome defense.Jrue can't be depended on he's to inconsistent
    Josh Hart was awful.

Give Gentry an extension!
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I know its probably been mentioned, but did anyone else see Zion repeatedly abuse Anthony Davis in the paint? My mind is made up as to who I would prefer in the long run.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Zion can go toe to toe with Davis. AD is not nearly as big of a problem as LeBron.

Ingram needs to be able to guard LeBron, at least semi effectively. He should have been on a bulking diet since the day he was drafted. How can you be as tall as he is and only weigh 190. That's pathetic.

If AD would have been willing to play Center, a Zion AD combo would be deadly. Sadly AD couldn’t stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Zion can go toe to toe with Davis. AD is not nearly as big of a problem as LeBron.

Ingram needs to be able to guard LeBron, at least semi effectively. He should have been on a bulking diet since the day he was drafted. How can you be as tall as he is and only weigh 190. That's pathetic.
    It was fatal having Jrue guard LeBron. That was a mismatch all night. LeBron elbowed his way to the rim every single time.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If AD would have been willing to play Center, a Zion AD combo would be deadly. Sadly AD couldn’t stick around.
    Too much of a beta male. Instead he's out there getting matching tattoos with LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    What do you guys think about finding a way to get Jerami Grant?
    I would like to have here as well... I think he has a player option for next year... Would be a nice fit here

Lakers brought in Ric Flair for pre game hype, AD played through an injury, and we were scheduled to travel on the road cross country on Fat Tuesday. Lakers attempted 44 3s.

Well, damn... If that's how you feel. Universe hates us kind of game.
    Last edited by Taker597; 02-26-2020 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
    I know its probably been mentioned, but did anyone else see Zion repeatedly abuse Anthony Davis in the paint? My mind is made up as to who I would prefer in the long run.
    The thing about Zion is that he's not scared of anyone. He is 19 years old, missed a little more than half of his rookie year, had played 4 total games in 10 months prior to his debut against the Spurs, and immediately has decided to go into everyone's chest, put the pressure on every defender, bulldoze every rim protector, and force them to either get scored on or foul.

He has stuff to work on, we all know it. His defense is not where it should be yet, and those who watched him at Duke know that the ceiling is high there. He's not had the chance to halfcourt playmake much. His handle is clearly rusty.

But that doesn't change the fact that there is a lot to be said for someone who is strong, has natural great touch, has fantastic instincts, and is just absolutely fearless. It's incredible.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post

I was saying this all night. The length of Ingram should have been used on Lebron. It’s sad they trust a guard over a sf .

Frustrating watching how the officials bow down to Lebron. How many walks did he have in the game not called? When he drives, he constantly hooks the defender with his off hand and is never called. He makes a shot and whines to the official that someone may have breathed heavy on him and the official blows the whistle 3-4 seconds after the play to give the king what he wants. He even had a 4 step walk not called right in front of the official.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I was saying this all night. The length of Ingram should have been used on Lebron. It’s sad they trust a guard over a sf .
    Yeah the problem is that Jrue is, while undersized, about 20lbs heavier than Ingram, stronger than Ingram, and just better at defense. So while it sucks that they have to make that choice, it's an understandable one.

Thread Information