Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: 25th February - New Orleans Pelicans @ Los Angeles Lakers - 25-32

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Ditto. Gentry needs to be fired just for that unforgivable strategy.
    Should have been fired in the offseason. Dude is awful. Stealing a paycheck.

ATTENTION EVERYONE! WE ARE NOT DEAD YET QUIT YOUR FREAKING CRYING ESPECIALLY 13.3 AND SPACEGHOST!

Dude was getting ripped all night...how many points did that turn into for the Lakers and take from us? He needs to bulk up more.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Oh well.

Bad game from Jrue, bad game from Favors, bad game from Hart, bad game from Redick, bad game as a playmaker for Ingram, Zion's least efficient game since Milwaukee, Melli scared to shoot half the time, bad decision making from Lonzo for the entire second half.

Single digit loss on the road.
    Overall Ingram played well.. Zion will be fine as well, considering who he was facing in the paint I like what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Aside from turnovers Ingram actually had a good game.. Nice try though.
    I mostly agree actually.

There's stuff to criticise about this game from him, for sure. Not sure why he took multiple pullup threes early in the clock when he sucks at them, for example. Missed about 4 passes to Zion that would have been clear and easy buckets where Zion was matched up against guys like Avery Bradley and Alex Caruso in the low post with no help available, opting for worse shots.

But his shot making was good overall, and his team D was actually a little better than usual even if still not fantastic.

If you're going to blame any individual for this game, it's not really Ingram.
    Basketball.

The only weakness of this team is the coach. Nothing else.

Overall Ingram played well.. Zion will be fine as well, considering who he was facing in the paint I like what I saw.
    See my above comment for Ingram response, but yeah I agree, Zion will be fine. Frankly at least 4 of his misses should have been called fouls anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Should have been fired in the offseason. Dude is awful. Stealing a paycheck.
    Yep but we have a few on here that still defend him.

The Franchise
    Dude was getting ripped all night...how many possible points did that turn into for the Lakers?
    Ingram had a good game.. not perfect though. Trying to push a "he had a bad game" narrative is just bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonzo4MVP View Post
    ATTENTION EVERYONE! WE ARE NOT DEAD YET QUIT YOUR FREAKING CRYING ESPECIALLY 13.3 AND SPACEGHOST!
    That’s just silly. My username is shorter than calling me spaceghost.

See my above comment for Ingram response, but yeah I agree, Zion will be fine. Frankly at least 4 of his misses should have been called fouls anyway.
    I’d like to see him shoot the midrange.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    That’s just silly. My username is shorter than calling me spaceghost.
    Shut up Spaceghost, nobody wants to hear that

BI was great tonight. Not as great as Lebron, but was the second best player in the game tonight. For Zion, it feels ridiculous to say he wasn't good when he gets 27 points on 18 shots, but he can be better. He will help close the gap between these teams by working on his right hand, tightening his handle, and improving his conditioning, defense, and FT shooting.

We just don't have a guy who can check LeBron. It gets easier if Zion gets in that area as the "big wing defender".

Lebron was so great tonight. He can still play near the GOAT level and he did tonight.
    Last edited by Biasvasospasm; 02-25-2020 at 11:59 PM.

The only weakness of this team is the coach. Nothing else.
    No, COACHING, experience and lack of size at the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Yep but we have a few on here that still defend him.
    He cost this game with dumb subs and lineups.

Shut up Spaceghost, nobody wants to hear that
    Ugh, okay Hulk Pelican

I’d like to see him shoot the midrange.
    He did shoot the midrange a bunch. Always has. He took 6 midrange shots tonight, which was basically a third of his shot attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Ugh, okay Hulk Pelican
    Uh, it's not a pelican, it's a cockatiel. Get real.

Ingram had a good game.. not perfect though. Trying to push a "he had a bad game" narrative is just bogus.
    Didn't say he had a bad game just he needs not turn the ball over. 7 turnovers = 14 - 21 pts lost. Subtract that from his output of 34 or add that to the game pts total... take your pick.
    Last edited by sterlr; 02-26-2020 at 12:01 AM.

The Franchise
    I mostly agree actually.

There's stuff to criticise about this game from him, for sure. Not sure why he took multiple pullup threes early in the clock when he sucks at them, for example. Missed about 4 passes to Zion that would have been clear and easy buckets where Zion was matched up against guys like Avery Bradley and Alex Caruso in the low post with no help available, opting for worse shots.

But his shot making was good overall, and his team D was actually a little better than usual even if still not fantastic.

If you're going to blame any individual for this game, it's not really Ingram.

I don't like the pull-up three's either.. but there's only a few players I'm okay with taking those kind of shots..

He did shoot the midrange a bunch. Always has. He took 6 midrange shots tonight, which was basically a third of his shot attempts.
    Talking Zion

He cost this game with dumb subs and lineups.
    Yep , Can you imagine if this was a drinking game.

Uh, it's not a pelican, it's a cockatiel. Get real.
    Lmao... The resolution makes it extremely hard to make out. Lol.

Mystery Solved.

The Franchise
    Didn't say he had a bad game just he needs not turn the ball over. 7 turnovers = 14 - 21 pts lost. Subtract that from his output of 34.
    K, gotcha.. I also hate the turnovers.. His passing needs to be more accurate. Coaches should work on that with him, I doubt they will though.

Zion for a nineteen yr old is magnificent. The older guys on the team could take a lesson from him during games.

Thread Information