Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 23rd February - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors - 24-32

Pelicans 23rd February - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors - 24-32

After a victory last game against a shorthanded Portland Trailblazers, our road trip continues; this time to take on Golden State.

Tip off is currently listed as 7:30PM CST

Here's the injury report:

Nothing new there, everything is normal for us. By comparison, in addition to all of the usuals, Draymond Green is projected to be out for the Warriors. Marquese Chriss is also questionable.

I'm not going to talk for too long about the Warriors. They suck, really badly, and have done all year. They have 12 wins right now, worst in the league. 30th in ORtg, 26th in DRtg. They've had 3 wins since the New Year. 29th in FG%, 26th in 3PT%, 2nd in FT%, 23rd in REBs, 12th in ASTs, and those numbers will be down since they traded D-Lo (4 rebounds, 6 assists per game) for Wiggins (2 rebounds, 3 assists per game).

They just suck, and they're injured. This game should be a win. If there's any expectation of playoffs at all, this game has to be a victory, and frankly it should probably be pretty decisive. Somehow we've lost to them twice this year: not good enough. Tonight has to be a win.

#WBD
    Basketball.

As pathetic as that 13 game losing streak was, losing to the Warriors twice and being swept by OKC is inexcusable. At least one win against OKC and win both against the Warriors and this team is 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    As pathetic as that 13 game losing streak was, losing to the Warriors twice and being swept by OKC is inexcusable. At least one win against OKC and win both against the Warriors and this team is 8th.
    Yeah, we've had 3 games so far against the Warriors, and we're 1-2 in them. Ridiculous that they've got 12 wins total on the season, and we're 2 of them. Can't let them get a third, that's just embarrassing.

Leave Gentry in San Fransisco if we lose this one. Nuff said.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah, we've had 3 games so far against the Warriors, and we're 1-2 in them. Ridiculous that they've got 12 wins total on the season, and we're 2 of them. Can't let them get a third, that's just embarrassing.
    I think we’ll be okay. What I really want to see is more synergy between Jrue, Ingram and Zion. That to me is the most important thing down the stretch. Big Z is definitely looking more comfortable and Ingram/Jrue did a good job with the playmaking in Portland. I want to see that continue.

Kerr simply owns Gentry's soul, but we should still win. Aslong Jrue shut down Weedplate Wiggins.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I think we’ll be okay. What I really want to see is more synergy between Jrue, Ingram and Zion. That to me is the most important thing down the stretch. Big Z is definitely looking more comfortable and Ingram/Jrue did a good job with the playmaking in Portland. I want to see that continue.
    I'm just wondering who the Warriors have that can defend Zion?

Wiggins, at least on paper, can match with Ingram. Obviously in reality he isn't a good defender, but on paper he's the right sort of size and length and he's athletic, Yadda Yadda.

But Zion? Their best bet would obviously be Draymond but if he's out then they really just have nothing. Zion should be hooking them for a clean 30+ tonight on high efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm just wondering who the Warriors have that can defend Zion?

Wiggins, at least on paper, can match with Ingram. Obviously in reality he isn't a good defender, but on paper he's the right sort of size and length and he's athletic, Yadda Yadda.

But Zion? Their best bet would obviously be Draymond but if he's out then they really just have nothing. Zion should be hooking them for a clean 30+ tonight on high efficiency.
    Yeah I expect a whooping in that department. Can’t take this game lightly though. We dropped 2 to them for a reason. Zion for 40

Yeah I expect a whooping in that department. Can’t take this game lightly though. We dropped 2 to them for a reason. Zion for 40
    No game should be taken lightly, imo. Gotta walk into every match like you're going into a playoff game. All hustle and energy, for sure.

Zion for 40 on 80%+ shooting. Get that boy 20 shots

The Franchise
    Unfortunately they have to figure it out on their own since Gentry say's it's something that will just come naturally..

Wolves and Spurs both currently losing their games. Wolves down 14 with 6 minutes to go, Spurs down 6 at halftime.

If we win, Wolves and Spurs both lose, and then Portland takes a loss to Detroit later (admittedly unlikely) that would be the best outcome of the night possible. Would be really good for us.

Looney starts with fouling Ingram.

Good team D on that possession

Followed by dreadful transition D lol

Zion just put Paschall in the blender. Incredible move

I find it fascinating that their arena is still so full for this awful lineup. Although I'm sure their resale tickets are cheaper than they have been in the last 5 years this season

Steal from Jrue, pass to Zion in transition who throws the perfect pass to Lonzo for the layup.

Good positional D from Ingram, too light to really stop Paschall but the presence there prevented the dunk. Allowed us to get the board and then Zion on the transition dunk

Jrue sets his feet to fake the 3, gets the defender flying at him and then just throws the casual lob to Zion for a dunk again.

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    I find it fascinating that their arena is still so full for this awful lineup. Although I'm sure their resale tickets are cheaper than they have been in the last 5 years this season
    Zion
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

The Franchise
    I don't like the idea of a isolation pull up 3 unless you're KD, Curry, or Harden.. I guess that's the new NBA though.

Zion has scored or assisted on 8 of our first 10 points and is 3/4 from the floor in 3 minutes. Golden State has nothing for him. Whenever he's around the hoop they just throw a lob or something and Golden State has no real deterrent.

I think that 40 point game might be possible

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I don't like the idea of a isolation pull up 3 unless you're KD, Curry, or Harden.. I guess that's the new NBA though.
    KD, Curry, Harden, Lillard, Tatum, Kyrie, there's a bunch of guys who I would be okay with doing it. None of them are on the Pels or Warriors tonight though.

Alvin is wearing glasses...sure fire win tonight.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Ingram got totally out of position there and then just didn't recover. Watched Poole square up for a second before lunging for the contest.

Thread Information