Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: 21st February - New Orleans Pelicans @ Portland Trailblazers - 23-32

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    before calling him Weedplate Wiggins+
    Weedplate Wiggins, I'm dead lmaoooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    You're going to have to start doing better than "mute me" anytime someone finds your commentary silly. You clearly have a bias and blind spot when it comes to Ingram.

I think it's great that other posters are providing some push back against the narrative you push in regards to Ingram. As long as it's done respectfully I hope it continues. I hope no one mutes you, we need to see what you say and provide unbiased rebuttals.
    My entire reason for following basketball is that I find it fun to watch, fun to research, fun to read about, and fun to discuss. If people get angry whenever I post something they don't like, they should mute me, because I'm clearly interfering with their fun.

If people aren't angry and just want to have a discussion, then they shouldn't mute me and we should talk. But you don't indicate that by pulling the ''OMG man STOP IT'' argument. That's not saying ''I disagree, let's talk'', that's saying ''I don't like what you're saying, so I want you to be silent''. If you're asking me to be silent on something because it upsets/annoys you to see someone disagree with you on it, then you can skip the middle man; you don't need me to stop talking. You can press that mute button, stick me on that ignore list, and make me silent yourself.
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    My entire reason for following basketball is that I find it fun to watch, fun to research, fun to read about, and fun to discuss. If people get angry whenever I post something they don't like, they should mute me, because I'm clearly interfering with their fun.

If people aren't angry and just want to have a discussion, then they shouldn't mute me and we should talk. But you don't indicate that by pulling the ''OMG man STOP IT'' argument. That's not saying ''I disagree, let's talk'', that's saying ''I don't like what you're saying, so I want you to be silent''. If you're asking me to be silent on something because it upsets/annoys you to see someone disagree with you on it, then you can skip the middle man; you don't need me to stop talking. You can press that mute button, stick me on that ignore list, and make me silent yourself.
    This is nothing more than an attempt on your part to characterize his response as "angry" so you can justify a "mute me" stance. No one is muting you, and no one is angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    This is nothing more than an attempt on your part to characterize his response as "angry" so you can justify a "mute me" stance. No one is muting you, and no one is angry.
    Then don't respond with ''OMG man STOP IT!''. Don't want people to interpret you as being angry/frustrated/upset? Don't go all caps and cry out for them to stop posting

Not sure why this is apparently controversial.

Thread Information