Pelicans Report

Thread: Let's talk second half schedule

Hall of Famer

Let's talk second half schedule

Well there is some down time right now, so..

@blazers- no Lillard because of Groin Injury

@Warriors- should be a Win

@Lakers - Tough Game

Cavs - should be a win

Lakers again

Timberwolves

@ Mavs - will be a tough game

Heat

@ Timberwolves again

@ Kings

This is the next 10 games

What do you think they could do in that stretch

I think they can go 7-3

A nice burst out the break would be nice

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    7-3 is what I honestly expect. A lot of it will depend on how hard they play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball Guru
    8-2.......we loose to the mavs and one to the lakers because we will not use the right match ups to take advantage of getting inside points....

18-9 the rest of the way gets us to 500 and I think we can reach that mark. We should be favorites in about 12 games, pick it in 8, and underdogs in 9. I believe, health permitting, we take 10 as favorites, 5 of pick it, and 3 where we are dogs.

Yeah. 7-3 would be good....maybe even great with that next 10 schedule.

I still think we finish the season 14-1 in the last 15 games and overtake the 8th seed some where in the final month.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I looked at our schedule as well as Portland, Memphis, and San Antonio.

I think the Spurs and Memphis will fade and end up with about 36 to 39 wins each.

I have us in the 41 to 43 win area as well as Portland. Dame being out will change that quite a bit though.

My bold prediction is we get in at 42-40. Friday's game is huge if Lillard comes back sooner than later.

Hall of Famer
    Which team will get the final playoff spot in the West?
    The Portland Trail Blazers have gone from playing in the Western Conference finals last season to being on the fringes of postseason qualifying this season. Can the Blazers, Pelicans, Spurs and Kings make a run at the 8-seed?

Grizzlies: 51.4%

Trail Blazers: 20%

Pelicans: 20%

Spurs: 5.7%

Kings: 2.9%

ESPN panel

I think going 7-3 is optimistic but not impossible. 6-4 is probably more likely, because I can imagine us going 0-2 against the Lakers. 8-2 would be a dream but I'm not sure we'll have it in us, especially since VS Wolves/@ Mavs is a back to back and we already know that Zion isn't doing back to backs, so we'll be without Zion against Dallas. Would be a small shock to me if we won that game.

So I'm saying we'll take Ls against the Lakers (at least once, but possibly twice), Heat, and Mavs. We can beat Portland, Wolves, Kings, Cavs, and Warriors.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think going 7-3 is optimistic but not impossible. 6-4 is probably more likely, because I can imagine us going 0-2 against the Lakers. 8-2 would be a dream but I'm not sure we'll have it in us, especially since VS Wolves/@ Mavs is a back to back and we already know that Zion isn't doing back to backs, so we'll be without Zion against Dallas. Would be a small shock to me if we won that game.

So I'm saying we'll take Ls against the Lakers (at least once, but possibly twice), Heat, and Mavs. We can beat Portland, Wolves, Kings, Cavs, and Warriors.
    Zion played in the rising stars game on basically a b2b so maybe they limit minutes or no restrictions at all. Its possible they have lifted that restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Zion played in the rising stars game on basically a b2b so maybe they limit minutes or no restrictions at all. Its possible they have lifted that restriction.
    It's possible, but I wouldn't want to speculate too much on that without further word from the FO.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    7-3 is what I honestly expect. A lot of it will depend on how hard they play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You mean how smart they play. This teams #1 problem is IQ starting with the sidelines.

I don't really see the Wolves as a threat to be honest, and it's not like KAT being there was helping them win anyway, but here's this for your considerations. Probably gonna miss a handful of games.

Honestly, I just don't see the Pelicans making it. Could not beat the Thunder at home needing that win. Gentry is gonna show us why he is a sub-500 during his tenure here. Too big of a hole to make it.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Quote Originally Posted by boot318 View Post
    Honestly, I just don't see the Pelicans making it. Could not beat the Thunder at home needing that win. Gentry is gonna show us why he is a sub-500 during his tenure here. Too big of a hole to make it.
    No Brandon Ingram was the difference, plus OKC has had our number for a while. I feel like it was an outlier game.

I think OKC is a top 4 team in the west. They got off to a slow start but they have been lighting it up. I had hoped for a win there but the loss doesn't make or break the season. We absolutely must beat the below 500 teams we play and try to go 500 or better against the above 500 teams. We aren't there yet in terms of beating the really good teams consistently. That will come later.

All of you guys are totally whiffing on the fact that we will trade for an all-star at the trade deadline!

Yeah.....I'll eat my crow on that prediction. Lol

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    This is how I feel as well. 5 games back is a lot, considering we need Memphis to take a big hit, which I just don't see happening. Gonna be hard.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It's not unlikely. It'd just be awfully convenient. Memphis has met the challenge. All we can hope is the all star break ended their gathering momentum and leveled the playing field.

Memphis has been too good for me to be overly confident. As someone said, we are losing important games and Memphis just seem like they have it figured out. It’s Memphis’s spot to lose really, and they can, but that drop has to start soon. We can’t drop home games to Spurs, OKC, Dallas and the like. If we want to call ourselves a ‘good’ team, we have to beat good teams at home. Or at the very least beat good teams on the road like we did in Indiana.

The Pelicans play the Grizzlies next on March 21, then again on March 24 with a game with the Kings sandwiched between on the 23rd. A look at both schedules tells me that Memphis has a very rough schedule until then and I see them going 5-11 in those games. The Pelicans should go at least 8-6 or 9-5, which means that they could conceivably overtake Memphis then. But even if they are still a couple of games behind, the Pelicans only play one team (the 76ers) with a winning record over the final 10 games of the regular season. All they have to do is get within striking distance before the last 10 games and a good finish earns a playoff spot, unless Portland gets just as hot.

Grizz fall to the Kings - a great start to the 2nd half!

Hall of Famer
    Pels need to capitalize, cant go out there tommorow and lose to a Lillard less portland on the road

Hall of Famer
    And the grizz play a rested lakers in L.A friday night on a back to back..most likely another loss

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    And the grizz play a rested lakers in L.A friday night on a back to back..most likely another loss
    Mrs Glass is probable so it might be a little easier for them.

Thread Information