Pelicans Report

Thread: N/P:Cavs parting ways with John Beilein @ end of season

N/P:Cavs parting ways with John Beilein @ end of season

Well that was quick

Sucks for him. Good guy, not cut for the NBA, and certainly not cut out for the dumpster fire in Cleveland.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

NBA coaching and college coaching aren't the same. He clearly didn't have it, on the next level. And UNO is right, the dumpster fire that is the Cavaliers clearly didn't help the situation at all. Unsurprising that he'd be let go; maybe you'd expect a little longer than this, but still, the end result was predictable.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    NBA coaching and college coaching aren't the same. He clearly didn't have it, on the next level. And UNO is right, the dumpster fire that is the Cavaliers clearly didn't help the situation at all. Unsurprising that he'd be let go; maybe you'd expect a little longer than this, but still, the end result was predictable.
    Who knows if he has it or not? The team is a disaster. You could put Pat Riley in his prime as coach of that bunch and they would not be a winning team.

Speaking of dumpster fires, Didn’t we have a 13 game losing streak?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Sucks for him. Good guy, not cut for the NBA, and certainly not cut out for the dumpster fire in Cleveland.
    Tim Floyd version 2.0

However Quinn Snyder is doing well in Utah.

I should also mention Billy Donavan is a damn good coach. He is really good at player adjustments & subs . Something Alvin lacks.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Who knows if he has it or not? The team is a disaster. You could put Pat Riley in his prime as coach of that bunch and they would not be a winning team.
    Maybe not a winning team, but I don't think they'd be quite this bad. It's clear that Beilein never won the roster over, and when you watch the games, it's clear why. He's as bad as Alvin when it comes to rotations and lineups, but at least Gentry has the advantage of being a pretty solid Xs/Os guy who can set up nice plays from time to time and has an NBA-ready overall philosophy; Beilein doesn't even have that.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    However Quinn Snyder is doing well in Utah.
    Snyder's great. Big fan of his work in Utah, he's done great. Very clever coach. I don't think I'd have him in that top top tier of coaches with guys like Nick Nurse (who is clearly the best coach in the NBA right now imo) but he'd be in that 2nd rank.

Yeah, I think you have
    Pops
    Kerr
    Nurse
    Spo
    Carlisle
    Snyder or Bud

Yeah, I think you have
    Pops
    Kerr
    Nurse
    Spo
    Carlisle
    Snyder or Bud
    Pops has declined a bit imo Very impressed with the Grizzlies Jenkins wish he coached the Pels

Yeah, I think you have
    Pops
    Kerr
    Nurse
    Spo
    Carlisle
    Snyder or Bud
    I haven't thought about it a massive amount, but I think I'd have (this season only, not career-wise)

- Nurse
    - Carlisle
    - Spoelstra
    - Snyder
    - Bud/Pop
    - Kerr

I agree with wecandothis that Pop has clearly declined not just this year, but over the last couple of years. He's still a good coach, it's not like I'm saying he sucks now, but he's no longer on the top of the list.

Calipari had LSU figured out even when their best player got injured. Maybe one day Calipari will be coaching in the NBA.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Not so long ago Mike Dantoni wasn’t thought of in high regard. A god situation can suddenly make a coach thought to be bad at his job look like a peer or Coach Pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Not so long ago Mike Dantoni wasn’t thought of in high regard. A god situation can suddenly make a coach thought to be bad at his job look like a peer or Coach Pop.
    He is still very much on hot seat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc41ykhmggQ

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Calipari had LSU figured out even when their best player got injured. Maybe one day Calipari will be coaching in the NBA.
    Calipari did coach in the NBA and he wasn't very good. 3 Years as head coach of the Nets, went 72-112 and then got fired.

Remember Shaka Smart? It’s not going well at Texas

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...essing-as-hell

Thread Information