Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: All Star Game

''And Kevin Lowry with the field goal!'' someone tell Marv Albert to retire
    Basketball.

Kawhi's winning MVP, I think. He just keeps hitting shots.

Garbage in....Garbage out.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Garbage in....Garbage out.
    Drink some chamomile tea and call it a night bruh

It's kinda funny that I predicted Lebron would win the MVP due to all those Kobe/Lakers/Tribute related reasons, and honestly Lebron's been fairly low-key this game.

Right now I'd say Kawhi is frontrunner for MVP, followed by Giannis.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Drink some chamomile tea and call it a night bruh
    Without garbage, there are no garbagemen, huh?

I guess you are one lucky man, Luckyman!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's kinda funny that I predicted Lebron would win the MVP due to all those Kobe/Lakers/Tribute related reasons, and honestly Lebron's been fairly low-key this game.

Right now I'd say Kawhi is frontrunner for MVP, followed by Giannis.
    Kobe Bryant will be named MVP posthumously.

Big lol at Harden going 2/7 in an All-Star game where nobody's even really trying to stop him, and because there's pretty much no free throws he has 6 points.

I've had this game on entirely way too long to not see our boy. I think I blinked for the few moments he was in.

Currently the fewest minutes of any player on either team by a good margin.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 02-16-2020 at 09:50 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Rudy Gobert has 21/11 but won't win MVP because it's the all-star game and he's profoundly boring, and he's going to cry about it after the game

People on Twitter are getting so incredibly hype over this Elam Ending thing and while I can understand why for an All Star Game (it's making some guys play a bit of defense, for once) many of them are asking for it to be imported to the regular season/playoffs.

Not a fan of that idea, gotta say.

Anthony Davis.....LeBron James..... Harden.....CP3..... biggest whining lineup of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Anthony Davis.....LeBron James..... Harden.....CP3..... biggest whining lineup of all time?
    TRUTH!!!

This 4th quarter legitimately is incredible to watch though.

They're all playing hard.

I just watched James Harden play legitimate, dogged defense.

This game's gonna be won by a Free Throw

It started great. Went on too long with the same players and got dull......and looks to be ending with some blah FTs.

Still better than the usual All-star game, though.

8:33 (lowest time in game) ...+10 (led team)

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    It started great. Went on too long with the same players and got dull......and looks to be ending with some blah FTs.

Still better than the usual All-star game, though.
    This is one of the problems with the Elam ending, imo. Once you have it to-a-score rather than to the clock, you basically ask the coaches to just play their 'best' lineup the entire time. I think that increases the risk of injury, since it could extend quarters well beyond 12 minutes (especially between good defensive teams) and it will also put a burden on already heavy-minute players.

Anyway, Kawhi's gotta win MVP for that, right? Team Lebron won, and Kawhi had 30 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals. Shot 61.1% from the field, went 8/14 from 3 (57.1%), only had 1 turnover, had that clutch steal off the Embiid rebound in the 4th, etc etc.

Agreed on both counts.

And y'know.....for as much as I am a sucker for good irony, you'd think I'd love that AD is repped by a company called Klutch a bit more.

Kawhi does indeed win the ASG MVP

Thread Information