Pelicans Report

Thread: The Kings are becoming a HUGE problem for us

The Kings are becoming a HUGE problem for us

By Tuesday they will jump us for the 9th seed since their schedule is easy. They play the wizards, while the Pelicans have two difficult opponents this week. This week can things can get really dire for us fast man. Very stressful for Pels fans with Playoffs aspirations.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Kings next 5 games: Washington, Philadelphia, Portland/Toronto back to back, Us.

Our next 5 games: Minnesota/Dallas back to back, Miami, Minnesota, Kings.

I see Kings losing to Philadelphia, Toronto, us, and potentially Portland depending on whether Portland is alive that night or not.

I see us losing to Dallas and maybe Miami.

That is, I see us going 3-2 over our next 5 games, and Kings going 2-3 or potentially 3-2 as well. That keeps us in the tie.

For us, we don't need to take the 8th seed in the next two games or whatever. We just need to not let anyone else gain ground over us until we hit that final stretch where we play 15 out of 16 games against sub .500 teams. That's where we'll gain our most ground; we just need to keep in the race until then.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Kings next 5 games: Washington, Philadelphia, Portland/Toronto back to back, Us.

Our next 5 games: Minnesota/Dallas back to back, Miami, Minnesota, Kings.

I see Kings losing to Philadelphia, Toronto, us, and potentially Portland depending on whether Portland is alive that night or not.

I see us losing to Dallas and maybe Miami.

That is, I see us going 3-2 over our next 5 games, and Kings going 2-3 or potentially 3-2 as well. That keeps us in the tie.

For us, we don't need to take the 8th seed in the next two games or whatever. We just need to not let anyone else gain ground over us until we hit that final stretch where we play 15 out of 16 games against sub .500 teams. That's where we'll gain our most ground; we just need to keep in the race until then.
    What's the Kings final stretch of games compared to us,? Also if we go 0-3 this week you don't think that's a huge concern?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    What's the Kings final stretch of games compared to us,? Also if we go 0-3 this week you don't think that's a huge concern?
    It's a worry, sure, you never want to go 0/3 in a week. But we play Minnesota this week, so I'm fairly sure that won't happen. I hate losing to the Lakers but it's something I expect, and while I think we can beat Dallas if everything goes well, I'm not beating myself up over a Dallas loss either. Gotta get that Wolves win though. I think we match up well against the Wolves anyway; Zion being defended by KAT is going to be funny.

The Kings final 16 games (the same stretch where we face only 1 +.500 team) contains:

- Vs Dallas
    - @ Houston
    - @ Pelicans [obviously we aren't +.500 but this is a game we have direct influence on]
    - Vs Pacers
    - Vs Clippers
    - Vs Lakers
    - @ Nuggets
    - @ Lakers

So I'd say that's a much more difficult final 16 games than ours.

lol pelicans, kings, grizzlies, spurs.. it doesnt matter. The Lakers will not be beat in the first round. If we get in.. cool we get playoff experience. If we don't its not a big deal our main focus was developement. Its really surprising we are even talking about playoffs considering how the season started. The future is bright and thats the main thing.
    Last edited by PelicanNation; 03-02-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Nothing is going to get dire for the Pels unless they start losing against sub .500 teams. It's really that simple

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Nothing is going to get dire for the Pels unless they start losing against sub .500 teams. It's really that simple
    This is about right. We should have taken advantage of an AD’less Lakers, but we can make up for it by battering those teams. Can’t take the foot off the gas. Glad we got the Lakers out of the way too.

It’s probably not a bad thing since they play Portland and San Antonio 2x for the rest of the year. We’ll have 2 opportunities against them to own the tiebreaker so I’m not concerned.

The ease of our schedule is the last 15 games. That's where we will pull away.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Thread Information