Pelicans Report

Thread: A rumor I heard about AD leaving LA if they win it all...

Stuff A rumor I heard about AD leaving LA if they win it all...

I have seen a rumor floating around that if The Lakers win the title, then AD might leave and sign with Chicago to go “home”.

I find it far fetched but I have to say that if this were true then I’d be all for the Lakers winning the tile this year because then their team will fall apart, lose games and those future picks that are ours will be worth gold.

Again, I find it far fetched but one can dream right???

They ain't winning. He ain't leaving.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    One win and the Lakers never do it again? No. Not worth it. I won't ever be on board with that future.

It's one of those things that I would find funny and it would be good for our future picks, but I can't really see happening. I think that in order for AD to make that choice, they would have had to severely underperform this year and for there to have been some locker room tensions.
    Basketball.

I see AD doing a 1+1 and bailing as soon as the ship sink when cash in on those picks.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    We taking them down first round of playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

If that somehow happens, he is good as gone IMO

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

My dream scenario. After the Pelicans sweep the Lakers in the first round of the playoffs, LBJ publicly blames AD for the loss. AD bolts for Chicago in the offseason and LBJ unexpectedly decides to retire. Pelicans go on to beat Houston and the Clippers on their way to upsetting the Celtics in the NBA Finals. Don't wake me up!

I would absolutely love to down them....I might even be willing to give up one kindey/nut for that to happen....I just don't see it happening year one. I want to.

And this may be me being sour grapes but AD seems to just be padding stats in LAL. It's been a month or two since I have seen the stats on this, but aren't they abysmal when Lebron steps off the court and AD is in? Maybe I dreamed that. But if true, maybe we want him to stay. The sad truth is that the Lakers will always be able to reload. They can have the worst management and the worst coach but superstars will always flock there to build it back up. We may be better with AD keeping that chamber occupied.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I would absolutely love to down them....I might even be willing to give up one kindey/nut for that to happen....I just don't see it happening year one. I want to.

And this may be me being sour grapes but AD seems to just be padding stats in LAL. It's been a month or two since I have seen the stats on this, but aren't they abysmal when Lebron steps off the court and AD is in? Maybe I dreamed that. But if true, maybe we want him to stay. The sad truth is that the Lakers will always be able to reload. They can have the worst management and the worst coach but superstars will always flock there to build it back up. We may be better with AD keeping that chamber occupied.
    They are indeed garbage when Lebron is off and AD is on. That's not necessarily because AD is bad in those minutes (he isn't), but it's because when Lebron steps off the court the Lakers have literally no solid ball handlers or playmakers it's him or nothing.

As for the Lakers always being able to reload... there's an extent to which that's true, but given that they just went years without being able to make the playoffs, we shouldn't view it as too much of an issue. Will they always end up getting someone, if they wait long enough? Sure. But we only have their picks for a while; we don't need them to suck forever. Just a couple of years. And they're more than capable of doing that.

I feel like they only took a hit for a few years to give Kobe his farewell seasons. They kept his massive salary and other stars stayed away as he was declining so they knowingly took that hit. I don't see them doing similar for Lebron since he hasn't been a Forever Laker.

I could totally see how that is all opinions and people wouldn't agree with that assessment, though.

I definitely do not see AD leaving if they win it all. The Lakers winning a title would be validation of his decision to push for a deal to the Lakers. He will be there at least through the end of LeBron's career. The only way I see that changing is if they get bounced and tensions build in the locker room. Not a likely scenario either, but I just can't see AD leaving until LeBron does at the earliest.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I really don't see AD leaving. He's not too much of an alpha to make his own move, he gotta have his agent do his bidding for him.

Thread Information