Thread: Nets fire Kenny Atkinson

Nets fire Kenny Atkinson

Yes please. Where do I sign?

He and Langdon have ties.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Would love Atkinson! A perfect fit!

Uhhh yes
    Basketball.

Wow im surprised about this news... i would easily hire him as our next head coach... if gentry doesn't mind being an assistant coach i could keep him as well since the players seem to really like him..

This is Budenholzer 2.0

Why exactly was he fired?

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post

Wow, could he have just fallen in our laps?

Sources in regards to Kenny Atkinson’s departure: “(Some) of the players wanted him gone.”

It was a full on player munity. A lot of Mark Jackson vibes being throen around

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Sources in regards to Kenny Atkinson’s departure: “(Some) of the players wanted him gone.”

That’s a little worrying. Having said that, I have seen a bunch of spoiled locker rooms in the past (or players that just don’t understand that that top players will have more privilege). Curious to hear more. Concerning though.

Kyrie doing his thing....

That’s a little worrying. Having said that, I have seen a bunch of spoiled locker rooms in the past (or players that just don’t understand that that top players will have more privilege). Curious to hear more. Concerning though.
    He’s still a fantastic development coach. Which whom we desperately need. His game management and adjustments/decisions are pretty average. Horrible at managing superstar personality.

We already get the poor game management and adjustments without the development from Gentry. Either way, he is an upgrade.

I'd still interview Hammon and Tim Duncan..

Kyrie is a got damt cancer, I’m betting dollars to donuts that his lame ace was behind this. It’s harder to move a big money cancer than a coach.

Some players felt that Kenny Atkinson had lost some of the locker room recently, which is fairly common when teams struggle. This may ultimately be inconsequential but you probably won’t find a bigger Mark Jackson fan than Rich Kleiman, Kevin Durant’s business partner/manager.

Ehhhh... Really cooled off on Atkins. Rather try new coaches than retreads.

Kyrie Irving and KD are the cancer . Lebron pretty much exposed that. I don’t blame Kenny for wanting out.

Some players felt that Kenny Atkinson had lost some of the locker room recently, which is fairly common when teams struggle. This may ultimately be inconsequential but you probably won’t find a bigger Mark Jackson fan than Rich Kleiman, Kevin Durant’s business partner/manager.

Ehhhh... Really cooled off on Atkins. Rather try new coaches than retreads.

Lebron did not bring Kyrie to LA. Let that sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Lebron did not bring Kyrie to LA. Let that sink in.
    Nets blew A league high 14 games where you had a double digit lead entering the second half.

Atkins got mad flaws. He's a Monty Williams 2.0 without likeable personality. He's a stopgap.
    Last edited by Taker597; 03-07-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Nets blew A league high 14 games where you had a double digit lead entering the second half.

Atkins got mad flaws. He's a Monty Williams.
    Disagree. He will be very attractive coach on the market. From the D'antoni and Bud trees.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Disagree. He will be very attractive coach on the market. From the D'antoni and Bud trees.
    Lol, he is a 42-40 developmental coach. He is not gonna outcoach teams deep in the playoffs.

Once you see the teams lining up and their roster. It'll make sense. Quit buying into the hype of every reject that comes into the market. He's a last middle pick that we must move on right when our guys hit their prime before we Scott Brook'd the team.

He is a great coach for untalented teams till you gather enjoy talent for his flaws to come out. Plain and simple.
    Last edited by Taker597; 03-07-2020 at 01:42 PM.

Lol, he is a 42-40 developmental coach. He is not gonna outcoach teams deep in the playoffs.

Once you see the teams lining up and their roster. It'll make sense. Quit buying into the hype of every reject that comes into the market. He's a last middle pick that we must move on right when our guys hit their prime before we Scott Brook'd the team.

He is a great coach for untalented teams till you gather enjoy talent for his flaws to come out. Plain and simple.

Malone had his flaws first go around too. Bad situation back then in Sacramento. Got in a better situation in Denver. We are not in a bad situation. Just need a new coach that will bring life. Kenny is the perfect fit. Need to get hands on him before Knicks do.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    So a guy who is known as a good coach, gets the Nets into the 7th seed (so far) without Durant, and with Irving only playing in 1/3 of their games.... And they fire him.

Sounds smart to me!

Sounds like it was mutual.
    He probably didn't want to deal with Irving's BS.

He made chicken salad out of chicken ********.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    So a guy who is known as a good coach, gets the Nets into the 7th seed (so far) without Durant, and with Irving only playing in 1/3 of their games.... And they fire him.

Sounds smart to me!
    Caris Levert has missed 25 games too.

Thread Information