Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th February - New Orleans Pelicans @ Indiana Pacers - 21-31

Pelicans 8th February - New Orleans Pelicans @ Indiana Pacers - 21-31

Back on the road, this time against the Indiana Pacers, hoping to pick up another win. Here's the injury report:

Nothing surprising; we all saw Ingram take that uncomfortable looking knock during the Bulls game and while he returned, he didn't play much in the second half (in fairness, neither did several of the starters ). X-Rays came back negative, according to Andrew Lopez, so he doesn't appear to have any long term or significant injury, but I could see them holding him out if there's lingering soreness or something like that.

As for Indiana, Oladipo is listed as out and TJ Warren is questionable, as he didn't play last game.

Pacers are a difficult team to sum up, really. They're 31-21, which tells you a lot; they're not a bad team by any stretch. But they have slowed down as the season has gone on: they were 20-9 at one point, and have gone 11-12 since December 20th. One advantage they have is that they're a good home team: only .500 on the road, the Pacers are 18-8 at home. The plus side is that they lost last night, and this is the second game of a back to back for them.

Basic stats run down: 15th in ORtg, 12th in DRtg, Pacers are top 5 in assists per game but bottom 10 in both rebounds and steals. They only average about 12 turnovers a game, which is among the fewest in the league. They take the fewest 3PAs in the NBA, but they shoot them at the 7th best rate; selective fire. They're 3rd in overall FG% and 8th in FT%, although again, they're 30th in FTAs per game. They're a slow team though, playing at the 6th slowest pace in the NBA, which we should definitely take advantage of.

The guy to watch in my view is Domantas Sabonis. I really liked him as far back as when he was in OKC; he was there while Westbrook was on his quest to force as many triple doubles as possible, and it was clear that this style of play was detrimental to both Oladipo and to Sabonis. Since going to Indiana, Sabonis has really blossomed and shown what he can do on offense; this year he's putting up 18/13/5 on 59%TS, +3rTS. He's a great passer and screener, and is tricky to defend as a result.

Tonight's an important game. This is one that we can win, and as we all know, we need to win if the playoffs are going to stay in reach. We know how many games we have against sub .500 teams, and it's important that we dominate those, but it's also important that we steal a few games against the weaker +.500 teams if we want to get that 8th seed. This is a chance to do that. Let's go and try for the win. #WBD.
    Basketball.

There’s the thread! I was getting a little worried! I was like.... dudes late.... what the hell happened!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I was hoping that Ingram would play in this game. It will be very difficult to win without him ...

I see Utah/Gobert got away with another scew job... But why Utah?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    It could help us Tuesday is Dame is suspended for losing his mind. He’s going off on Twitter too.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Coincidence--> ������. In the No-Call Gobert block on BI & last night - Kane Fitzgerald was involved in both ! R
    Last edited by Tinman; 02-08-2020 at 04:24 PM.

I think we win this game by a small margin. Maybe 3pts or less. Let's steal this game!

TJ Warren returns

Good writeup. Excited for this one.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

All things considered if you are going to lose a game, let it be to an eastern conference team.

Sabonis will be a problem especially if zion is out

And now Zion is out... What a

Yep.

No Zion, no Ingram. This is going to be a very tough one.

Alvin, Kindly play Melli a minimum of 24 minutes,

Yep.

No Zion, no Ingram. This is going to be a very tough one.
    Looking forwards to being lied to by Griffin and the pels media department again about a Zion injury!

Yeah. I guess luckyman has the right mentality. We have so many inconference games against teams fighting us for that last spot upcoming that the best thing to do is not push guys here.

Lead this team, Jrue and Zo!

Quote Originally Posted by carpo View Post
    Looking forwards to being lied to by Griffin and the pels media department again about a Zion injury!
    Lol, I doubt it's anything serious. He came out for warm ups, hit a layup, signed stuff from fans. Lopez is reporting that it seems to be (From what he can tell) an abundance of caution thing and that if it was up to Zion, he'd be playing.

Fingers crossed, of course.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    If it aint one thing it's another with this team.

So we are spotting them our 2 best players OUT?

Second team better get their act together, because that Bulls game was a disaster for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    If it aint one thing it's another with this team.

So we are spotting them our 2 best players OUT?

Second team better get their act together, because that Bulls game was a disaster for them.
    In fairness, some of the guys who lost the lead at the Bulls game weren't even second team. They were third team, if that. And playing in a ridiculous, 3-big lineup which made no sense.

Gotta assume Gentry won't run that tonight. Please.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    In fairness, some of the guys who lost the lead at the Bulls game weren't even second team. They were third team, if that. And playing in a ridiculous, 3-big lineup which made no sense.

Gotta assume Gentry won't run that tonight. Please.
    Never assume common sense. I made that mistake already.

First play; turnover lol

It looked good aside from that. Good hands on Warren to get the deflection

Thread Information