Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 6th February - New Orleans Pelicans @ Chicago Bulls - 20-31

Great offensive board and putback from Zion after Favors absolutely walls off the rim on the other end.

Really nice sequence.
    Basketball.

Hoping Zion bodies someone on a fastbreak this game
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Man, Favors is such a good short roll passer I thought he was going to hit the wrap around there wishful thinking

That's the second time that Zion's been handling the ball on a fastbreak and his shoes just seem to have lost all grip.

Anyone out there played in Jordan 34s can tell me if they have terrible traction or something?

Really good defense on the drive there from Zion despite the off-arm shoving, and then on the other end he makes the right pass out to Lonzo which starts a nice swing around the arc ending in an Ingram 3. It misses, but offensive board from Favors leads to points and it's success.

Favors already has 14 rebounds.

Man, their strategy for defending Zion in the post is ''just shove him around lol'' and the refs are like... nice, good strategy

Favors lowkey has 14 boards already

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    No one Zion's own height can guard him. I'd love to see Zion against LeBron.

Great short roll pass from Favors and Zion gets the easy layin

They called one! Zion's heading to the line

After a super slow first quarter (1 shot attempt lol) Zion's up to 16 points on 70%FG in 20 minutes of play

Great, Ingram is hurt...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That's the second time that Zion's been handling the ball on a fastbreak and his shoes just seem to have lost all grip.

Anyone out there played in Jordan 34s can tell me if they have terrible traction or something?
    I don't think his movement is right. I think the foot is probably bothering him.

His athleticism and overall activity level aren't what they were at Duke or in the preseason since returning from the injury, and tonight he is really not moving much unless he is actively involved in the play.

This is almost definitely just precautionary, because of how much we're up, but still worth noting.

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    I don't think his movement is right. I think the foot is probably bothering him.

His athleticism and overall activity level aren't what they were at Duke or in the preseason since returning from the injury, and tonight he is really not moving much unless he is actively involved in the play.
    I don't know if that's it. It's happened in other games before this, when he's been much more active. I honestly think the shoes might be garbage

His athleticism and overall activity level not being what they were at Duke isn't anything to be worried about imo. He was *insane* at Duke, and then took 10 months off before coming to play for us. The fact that he's not at full 100% mode is about as unsurprising as the sun coming up in the morning.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    When Hart is on balance, his shot is money. But he likes to fade and get off his spot.

We are up 22 points, Lonzo has played 25 minutes, and he still hasn't taken a shot inside of the arc. This is getting stupid.

I don't know if that's it. It's happened in other games before this, when he's been much more active. I honestly think the shoes might be garbage
    He's also been struggling with his handle. Was much tighter in college and preseason and was more comfortable with the ball on the perimeter.

It's impressive how productive he has been even with those issues, but I'm looking forward to when he regains conditioning and comfort level.

We are up 22 points, Lonzo has played 25 minutes, and he still hasn't taken a shot inside of the arc. This is getting stupid.
    Zo ain't about to hurt himself attacking the rim.

Zach Lavine sends Zion to the line as he sells out and just fouls rather than contesting or trying to play any D whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by boot318 View Post
    Zo ain't about to attack the rim.
    True

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    He's also been struggling with his handle. Was much tighter in college and preseason and was more comfortable with the ball on the perimeter.

It's impressive how productive he has been even with those issues, but I'm looking forward to when he regains conditioning and comfort level.
    For sure. I honestly don't think people understand the size of that gap he had. 4 preseason games in 10 months, plus a surgery. That was his 10 months before taking the court for us in his debut against San Antonio. No training camp, nothing like that. And this is the level he's playing at. He's obviously not at his peak, he's still being careful, not going for the craziest stuff that he would have done in college; I've seen him almost go for stuff and then back off.

Next year, when he gets all that prep time? Maybe even in the final days of this season? Dude's going to be ridiculous.

Zion's up to 21 points on 81.8% shooting tonight in 22 minutes

Thread Information