Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: We need a new Coach ASAP

We need a new Coach ASAP

I was just cursing at the tv...why the hell would you take out players aka Zion who are leading a comeback for cold players to allow the bucks to go back up even more in the 4th ? It's so frustrating to me.

I'm lost at his substitutions. It's like he doesn't have a feel for how the game is going.

Hall of Famer
    [B]its very similar to the spurs game

Did zion reach his minutes limit?

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    I was just cursing at the tv...why the hell would you take out players aka Zion who are leading a comeback for cold players to allow the bucks to go back up even more in the 4th ? It's so frustrating to me.
    Unlike the real world we all live in, even Zion needs a rest.

We gonna get a new version of this thread every time we lose a game?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We gonna get a new version of this thread every time we lose a game?
    Agreed. It’s beating a dead horse at this point. He’s not the best obviously but there are enough threads about Alvin.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Agreed. It’s beating a dead horse at this point. He’s not the best obviously but there are enough threads about Alvin.
    Sell more tickets if you do it before all - star break. But you are right. This ##### up Organization is to busy defending a Jesuit Priest.

Did anyone actually go in expecting to beat the Bucks? Seriously? I was happy we forced them to play their starters the whole game.

Some folks need a reality check.

Expectations should be to try and split with the above 500 teams down the stretch and win 2 of 3 vs under 500's. Even that probably won't be enough for the playoffs but that was probably a foregone conclusion after the 13 game streak.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Did anyone actually go in expecting to beat the Bucks? Seriously? I was happy we forced them to play their starters the whole game.

Some folks need a reality check.

Expectations should be to try and split with the above 500 teams down the stretch and win 2 of 3 vs under 500's. Even that probably won't be enough for the playoffs but that was probably a foregone conclusion after the 13 game streak.
    Exactly. There's a reason I said in the OP of the game thread that if we managed to win, it would be clearly, clearly our best win of the season. The Bucks are really good. They're on pace to win 70+ games. They're the favourites for the championship. They have the MVP. They had lost to one (1) sub .500 team coming into last night, all season.

Anyone expecting a win and being shocked and angry that we didn't get it hasn't been paying attention or has unreasonable expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Exactly. There's a reason I said in the OP of the game thread that if we managed to win, it would be clearly, clearly our best win of the season. The Bucks are really good. They're on pace to win 70+ games. They're the favourites for the championship. They have the MVP. They had lost to one (1) sub .500 team coming into last night, all season.

Anyone expecting a win and being shocked and angry that we didn't get it hasn't been paying attention or has unreasonable expectations.
    So you have accepted failure? Tank back on? Was anyone expecting to beat Boston? Utah? “Want to be the man you got to beat the man”-Ric Flair

I’m perfectly okay with Tyronn Lue coaching this team next year. I think he is a better fit . Gentry don’t like young players.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    So you have accepted failure? Tank back on? Was anyone expecting to beat Boston? Utah? “Want to be the man you got to beat the man”-Ric Flair
    You've got to be realistic. There's a difference between expecting failure and being realistic. You go into every game with the expectation of playing hard and trying for a win. You do not go into every game expecting to walk away with a victory. If you do, you're delusional. Even the best teams ever lose against other great teams, and we are not one of the best teams ever.

all of these fire the coach threads are just asinine. The hardest thing to do as a coach is have a basement dwelle,r like we were a while back, and keep the team together and cohesive, without pointing fingers or giving up.

The Pels not only did this but came out unified and playing much, much better basketball.

Vegas doesn't like. Money doesn't lie. As of now the point spreads are treating us like the 4th/5th best team out west. thats an accomplishment since we had a 13 game losing streak.

the players like gentry. and theyre improving.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    all of these fire the coach threads are just asinine. The hardest thing to do as a coach is have a basement dwelle,r like we were a while back, and keep the team together and cohesive, without pointing fingers or giving up.

The Pels not only did this but came out unified and playing much, much better basketball.

Vegas doesn't like. Money doesn't lie. As of now the point spreads are treating us like the 4th/5th best team out west. thats an accomplishment since we had a 13 game losing streak.

the players like gentry. and theyre improving.

Let’s give Alvin another extension?

Umm, because Zion was clearly gassed, and the players you brought in have been starters for most of the year. You would hope that just maybe they could have cut into the lead a bit, and for the score to be somewhat close to bring Zion in at the end.

Personally I'm not a fan of Alvin at all, but I don't really think this particular criticism is fair.

You’re record says what you are

Shamit having a meltdown? I agree this is a little extreme.

Sad that the Lonzo stans are bringing out the worst in the pels writers that I enjoyed prior. Its hard to listen to a BSS podcast now without hearing the undertones of guys that are exhausted with constant Lonzo BS

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Sad that the Lonzo stans are bringing out the worst in the pels writers that I enjoyed prior. Its hard to listen to a BSS podcast now without hearing the undertones of guys that are exhausted with constant Lonzo BS
    The Bird Writes is much better. They back it up with actual facts and not fanboy material.

The Bird Writes is much better. They back it up with actual facts and not fanboy material.
    As long as David Fischer writes for TBW I'll be mostly out. They have some good dudes over there but they can't outweigh that guy

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    As long as David Fischer writes for TBW I'll be mostly out. They have some good dudes over there but they can't outweigh that guy
    David used to post here. I think his problem is his politics. Way to much politics on his social media pages.

To be fair that game isn’t totally on Gentry. Some of the effort on defense was pathetic and we forced the ball that resulted in a bunch of turnovers. At the same time we should be doing massively better when Lebron is out and we didn’t take advantage of his time off the court as we should have. We should not be getting steamrolled by Dwight Howard and Javale. We should not allow Kuzma to look like an all star every time he plays us. Those are problems we need to rectify if we do reach the playoffs.

David used to post here. I think his problem is his politics. Way to much politics on his social media pages.
    I just can't read a guy that refuses to listen to other arguments other than his own. I know plenty of people have had that issue with him in the past but its so consistent on twitter. You disagree with one thing the guy says and he drags you publicly through the mud.

Idk when following this team became such a competition. We're all hoping for the same thing, but instead of enjoying the process, people would rather fight with each other. I guess thats just twitter culture.

Way to much politics on his social media pages.
    I never saw him post political content on this site or on The Bird Writes.

Thread Information