Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 4th February - New Orleans Pelicans vs Milwaukee Bucks - 20-30

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Their team has only lost 7 games in half a season. We were never winning this. Giannis is unguardable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    No, I haven't.. I call it like I see it..

When I don't like his turnovers.. I say it.. When I don't like his silly fouls, I say it.. When his off-ball defense is lacking, I say it..

You however say things that just aren't true.
    Okay. I'm biased and you are a bastion of untainted, crystal clarity, skewed by nothing but pure objective rationality. Gotcha.
    Basketball.

Their defense is very very very good to be fair. But no. We don’t really help ourselves

Bucks are winning a ring this year, btw. It's gonna be funny when AD gets knocked out of the playoffs by LAC, and then LAC get killed in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Bucks are winning a ring this year, btw. It's gonna be funny when AD gets knocked out of the playoffs by LAC, and then LAC get killed in the finals.
    I hope so.
    They are an incredible team this year and arguably the best team last year also.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    This is an elite team indeed, we're up against. All the pieces compliment each other and because of how good the top is, their depth can shine. Guys Josh Hart's level are like 10th men to the Bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Their defense is very very very good to be fair. But no. We don’t really help ourselves
    Our offense is so lazy in the half court it's stunning.

The Franchise
    Okay. I'm biased and you are a bastion of untainted, crystal clarity, skewed by nothing but pure objective rationality. Gotcha.
    Don't try to muddle the discussion. You said something that was flat out untrue. Now you're trying to make this about something it isn't.

Second page you said.. "Ingram cannot defend Giannis. Noted." C'mon man, like who can?? What are you noting exactly?

Then you follow up with saying Ingram is playing lousy defensively, which is a lie.

Giannis has 32/12/4 on 68.8% shooting in 25 minutes Along with elite defense. Dude's ridiculous.

The Franchise
    Love how Hart plays on every single possession..

This is our chance to close the gap.

The Franchise
    I wonder how long it's going to take before the refs start giving Zion his calls..

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Don't try to muddle the discussion. You said something that was flat out untrue. Now you're trying to make this about something it isn't.

Second page you said.. "Ingram cannot defend Giannis. Noted." C'mon man, like who can?? What are you noting exactly?

Then you follow up with saying Ingram is playing lousy defensively, which is a lie.
    It was a sardonic comment made in the moment because literally as I wrote that, Ingram switched onto Giannis and got fried.

Nobody can guard Giannis 1v1, it was just an off-hand comment referring to what was literally happening at that exact moment. Come on. You know that people are reacting in-the-moment in these threads when they're watching the game.

Ingram has been bad defensively overall tonight. If you disagree, you're absolutely entitled to do so, but it's not a lie, it's a disagreement. Your opinion on Ingram's defense is not the objective truth, and anyone varying from your view is not immediately a liar. Ingram's had a few good moments on ball. His off ball defense has been garbage, in my view, especially in transition where he's done a good job of going traffic cone multiple times. If you disagree, cool; I'll accept that as what it is. A disagreement of opinion. I'm not about to start calling you a liar over it.

Our offense is so lazy in the half court it's stunning.
    Story of the team since Gentry has been here.

It's incredible that this is Zion's worst game (and it is, clearly his worst game so far) and he's still going to finish with 19/8/5.

At this point I'd leave Jrue on the bench the rest of the game

Hall of Famer
    This game is still close lol what

The Franchise
    Anyone here think Ingram's been lousy defensively tonight?

The Franchise
    It was a sardonic comment made in the moment because literally as I wrote that, Ingram switched onto Giannis and got fried.

Nobody can guard Giannis 1v1, it was just an off-hand comment referring to what was literally happening at that exact moment. Come on. You know that people are reacting in-the-moment in these threads when they're watching the game.

Ingram has been bad defensively overall tonight. If you disagree, you're absolutely entitled to do so, but it's not a lie, it's a disagreement. Your opinion on Ingram's defense is not the objective truth, and anyone varying from your view is not immediately a liar. Ingram's had a few good moments on ball. His off ball defense has been garbage, in my view, especially in transition where he's done a good job of going traffic cone multiple times. If you disagree, cool; I'll accept that as what it is. A disagreement of opinion. I'm not about to start calling you a liar over it.
    I'm not calling you a liar.. Nor do I believe a disagreement with me constitutes a lie, or a lack of objectivity.

With that being said I don't like the way they use Ingram defensively off-ball.. He's almost always too far away from his man to help, and clog passing lanes. This is on the coaches.

Zion yet again goes into Giannis, gets the call this time.

Grown man ZION!

The Franchise
    Zion with that grown man strength baby..

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    lol

Zion completely rips the rebound from Giannis.

Thread Information