Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th February - New Orleans Pelicans vs Milwaukee Bucks - 20-30

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    I've seen you say something similar a couple times now and I just wanted to ask for clarity. Are you saying you have issues with the fact that guys weren't b ball smart enough to get Zion the ball in the 4th, or are you saying you think guys are actively refusing to pass to him for whatever selfish or heroball reason?

I'm not trying to put words in your mouth. I have just been interpreting it the 2nd way.
    I think it's the first. The guys played the first however many games of the year without Zion, and they don't know how to play with him, and in close games I think they decide (possibly subconciously) that they'd rather stick with what they know than try something new. The consequence is that someone like Jrue or Ingram ends up taking shot after shot, missing all of them, while Zion battles for position in the paint, or cuts down the baseline, and gets resoundingly ignored.

Maybe there is some selfishness, maybe there is some heroball going on, where someone who has been the closer for most of the season (Ingram, in this case) says to themselves ''hey... this is my team. I'm the all-star here, I've been called upon to close these games, why would I give these shots up to this rookie when it's my job to win this for us?'' but I don't get that vibe from Ingram. Maybe he is actually thinking that, idk, but I think it's more likely a subconscious decision where he just makes that choice without even realising it. Same for Jrue, same for Lonzo.
    Basketball.

Giannis is about to win his second straight MVP, and the media still cannot pronounce his name.

Starting off with a turnover? Really?

First play of game.

Takes 5 SECONDS FOR A LONZO TURNOVER!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hey we got a play where Zion got a chance to handle the ball. Zion drove, got fouled, didn't get the call. Okay.

Oh man, that wasn't quite the blade set but we ran a nice off-ball curl for Zion where he got the handoff from BI and it looked good. Great pass from Zion.

Favors has to come up on that. Can't sink back into the paint on Middleton.

Lonzo hits another 3

Favors stuffs Giannis

Ingram with a turnover but Jrue immediately steals it back

Lonzo with a third 3

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Unrelated question, but I noticed it during the Houston game. What determines the sound that the net makes when a shot goes through? The New Orleans nets make a sound like "SHWOP!" when a shot goes in. The Houston nets make a much snappier sound. Almost like a crack. Why is the sound different?

Ingram hits another 3 after Jrue breaks the D down quick and kicks out to Zion who swings it.

These threes worry me. They're having a streak of them right now but it only takes a little momentum shift to throw off their rhythm.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Unrelated question, but I noticed it during the Houston game. What determines the sound that the net makes when a shot goes through? The New Orleans nets make a sound like "SHWOP!" when a shot goes in. The Houston nets make a much snappier sound. Almost like a crack. Why is the sound different?
    I know that some arenas place additional mics specifically to pick up more net-noise. Possibly has something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior88 View Post
    These threes worry me. They're having a streak of them right now but it only takes a little momentum shift to throw off their rhythm.
    We're 5/8 from 3 right now. 62.5%.

That's not gonna continue right now our hot shooting is making our generally meh offense looking special. We will cool off; the question is how we respond to that. Does this early hot stretch force Milwaukee to open up their D to the perimeter a little more and make driving easier?

@Pelicanidae decides to show up for this game. Guess the top teams bring him out
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Quote Originally Posted by boot318 View Post
    @Pelicanidae decides to show up for this game. Guess the top teams bring him out
    I show up for almost every game. I resent this.

Ingram cannot defend Giannis. Noted.

Zion tips it in off the Jrue miss

Zion's been fouled about 3 times by Giannis so far tonight. Has yet to get a whistle.

Gentry has to be elated. Favors is shooting 3s.

Brandon Ingram doing his best traffic cone defense in transition there

The TO Pelicans are back in action.

Guess they feel confident giving up the 3's for now. They're stacking up under the rim. At least two guys down there practically the whole time.

Thread Information