Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Trading Jrue?

Unsurprising, but there it is.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Unsurprising, but there it is.
    That has been the consistent message. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    That has been the consistent message. Makes sense.
    It's like the third time Woj has said it, and Shams has said it as well

Yet the rumours are never ending

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's like the third time Woj has said it, and Shams has said it as well

Yet the rumours are never ending
    Okay, but hear me out... what if, in addition to 25 year old Gary "Gary Harris" Harris, the Nuggets throw in two first round picks in the 20s?

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    Okay, but hear me out... what if, in addition to 25 year old Gary "Gary Harris" Harris, the Nuggets throw in two first round picks in the 20s?
    If you can convince them to throw in Michael ''We are not trading MPJ'' Porter Jr, then it's a deal.

People are too concerned with the team and players as of today. What we should be focused on is what the team and players will look like in the next 3-5 years when a potential title run will be likely.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 02-07-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    People are to concerned with the team and players as of today. What we should be focused on is what the team and players will look like in the next 3-5 years when a potential title run will be likely.
    This! Exactly why Jrue should be on his way out.

Was hoping for some news this morning. Looks like nothing is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post

I would expect that if he is going to be dealt, it would be in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post

I think you're missing the point

No reason to trade Jrue unless you're getting more than fair value. What are we going to do? Tank? Its not possible at this point. Zion and Ingram are too good. Keeping Jrue around for the rest of the year at the very least allows you to build some sort of chemistry with a starting unit, while potentially holding out for a lot more via trade over the summer. And, best case scenario, they figure it out and we sneak into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    No reason to trade Jrue unless you're getting more than fair value. What are we going to do? Tank? Its not possible at this point. Zion and Ingram are too good. Keeping Jrue around for the rest of the year at the very least allows you to build some sort of chemistry with a starting unit, while potentially holding out for a lot more via trade over the summer. And, best case scenario, they figure it out and we sneak into the playoffs.
    I’m not missing the point and I agree with you.

We don’t trade him unless it makes sense... of corse!!

I want him loved so the rest of the starters can continue to gel without him.

Thread Information