Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: 2nd February - New Orleans Pelicans @ Houston Rockets - 20-29

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Guys Guys Guys..

Individuals could have played better no doubt.. But!! In fourth quarters when teams amp up intensity, you need an offensive scheme to break defenses down. Gentry has those guys out there winging it.

What we seen today was 30% on them, 70% on coaching.
    This team needs a coach that's in the driver seat not a daycare attendee going with the flow.

An alpha says give me the ball and then takes over the game. Case in point, James Harden, Lebron James, Kobe Bryant etc.. Jrue hides.
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Hall of Famer
    The better team lost today

And jrue was the cost

I almost wish that we’d just put in one of the youngies to light a fire under Jrue’s ****** when he plays this way. Sometimes that is all it takes to get someone going. Complacency is a killer

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    There is a large imbalance with his salary and his play. A 30 point game every now and then doesn't justify it.

If he isnt moved by the deadline then definitely see what you can get this summer.
    Well... Well... We come full circle. Still an overpaid contract no matter if he lives up to that contract. The only way he lived up to that contract was being good. Which was never a good value. Even if other teams where willing to overpay.

This team looks good on paper.

Just looking over tonight's shot charts... man

Lonzo: One shot total inside the arc.
    Ingram: 5/10 in the first half, 5/13 in the second; 0/4 in the 4th quarter: no shots at the rim.
    Jrue: 5/8 inside of 8 feet. 0/6 outside of it.
    Melli: 0 shots inside of 12 feet.
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Fellas, would you agree that Jrue and company would be playing a lot better as a collective if schemes were tailored to their individual talents? They aren't being optimized based on ability, and that's not their fault.

Ingram would have gotten better looks if we had actual plays being ran, Zion would have gotten looks, Jrue would be in a position to do whatever it is he's good at.

What we seen today wasn't their fault in my opinion.

I'm sorry but Gentry a career losing coach showed his colors again. Last 6-7 minutes the ball did not go through ZION. If you're not hitting outside shots go inside...no one stopped this young man all day. Houston went to their money man Harden when it counted. If Zion was hurt I can understand. This loss was on the coach. He consistenetly forces the team to push the ball even when they turning the ball over like a leaking bucket. Frustrating to watch a talented team give away games because of a incompetent coach.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    This team needs a coach that's in the driver seat not a daycare attendee going with the flow.
    It's like a general sending troops out to battle without a gameplan, just an overall philosophy.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Just looking over tonight's shot charts... man

Lonzo: One shot total inside the arc.
    Ingram: 5/10 in the first half, 5/13 in the second; 0/4 in the 4th quarter: no shots at the rim.
    Jrue: 5/8 inside of 8 feet. 0/6 outside of it.
    Melli: 0 shots inside of 12 feet.
    Telling..

I thought JAX had one of his better games today. He was only - 6 in three and half minutes.

Here's the end of game statlines, if it matters

Statlines

Lonzo: 10 points, 11 rebounds, 9 assists. 3/7 shooting (42.9%), 2/6 from 3. 4 turnovers, 2 fouls. -2
    Ingram: 28 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists. 10/23 shooting (43.5%), 5/11 from 3. 4 turnovers, 2 fouls. -5
    Jrue: 11 points, 3 rebounds, 6 assists. 5/14 shooting (35.7%), 0/5 from 3. 4 turnovers, 3 fouls. -2
    Zion: 21 points, 10 rebounds, 1 assist. 8/14 shooting (57.1%). 3 turnovers, 2 fouls. +3*
    Favors: 9 points, 11 rebounds, 1 assist. 4/7 shooting (57.1%). 3 turnovers, 1 foul. +11

Bench

Hart: 16 points, 10 rebounds, 1 assist. 5/11 shooting. 1 turnover, 2 fouls.
    Moore: 10 points. 5/8 shooting.
    Redick: nothing at all in 14 minutes. No points, rebounds, assists, steals, or blocks. 0/3 shooting.
    Melli: 2 points, 4 rebounds. 1/4 shooting.

*Zion did not get a shot in final 8 minutes of the game. Only took 1 in the final 10 minutes and 47 seconds of the game. Completely frozen out.

Telling..
    Jalil Okafor has had very good games against smaller teams even this year.

Why is he not being strategically used at all?

It's almost as if they weren't properly prepared for this small ball Houston played.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    I'm sorry but Gentry a career losing coach showed his colors again. Last 6-7 minutes the ball did not go through ZION
    Zion took 1 shot in the final 11 minutes.

That's inexcusable for a guy who was scoring so well all game up until that point. Team didn't look for him at all, in any situation.

The Franchise

It's almost as if they weren't properly prepared for this small ball Houston played.
    I just feel like I'm missing something, maybe we all are lol.. Cause it would just seem like a no brainer to beat them up on the inside.

Okafor is an UFA at end of year. I would be shocked if he's still with the team after the trade deadline.

Yes it is.

The Franchise
    This team will get humiliated in the play-offs if Gentry doesn't make some adjustments.. Assuming we make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Zion took 1 shot in the final 11 minutes.

That's inexcusable for a guy who was scoring so well all game up until that point. Team didn't look for him at all, in any situation.
    Yep, Gentry is to the low post game what Sean Payton is to running the ball this year.

What a TERRIBLE 4th quarter... and those tournovers Man...

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Okafor is an UFA at end of year. I would be shocked if he's still with the team after the trade deadline.
    Good. Today would have been a great day to increase his value.

This team will get humiliated in the play-offs if Gentry doesn't make some adjustments.. Assuming we make it.
    "What’s that? Ah - Playoffs? Don’t talk about - playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game!"

Gentry postgame said its on him zion didnt touch the ball in the last 4 minutes and that it wont happen again. Also said the rotations was on him too. Damn right its on you been a pro coach for how long bro? inexcusable

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    "What’s that? Ah - Playoffs? Don’t talk about - playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game!"
    I'm holding on to hope bro lol.. I still think we can do it.

With that being said individual play, and coaching elevates during the playoffs. This coach is working with an acumen deficit as is.

Thread Information